Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Note to my Friends (colonoscopy)  (Read 5890 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Note to my Friends (colonoscopy)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 03:36:34 PM »

I was a bit disappointed in this result, I guess when a person sets a high standard in regular life the efectiveness of the additional help is not as great :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:
It only increases tone/volume since your system is cleaned out not much to take your (others) breath away. :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »

Gents
          Thanks to the miracle of modern science, it is no longer necessary to have this procedure done in the process all of us are such woos puppies about. Utilizing imaging technology of the sort brother Beagle works on, this is now being performed in San Diego as a "virtual" process. Think MRI. Check it out in your respective local area before handing yourself over to a guy with a pair of latex gloves, a tube of KY and a long fiberoptic cable.

B B

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »

Gents
          Thanks to the miracle of modern science, it is no longer necessary to have this procedure done in the process all of us are such woos puppies about. Utilizing imaging technology of the sort brother Beagle works on, this is now being performed in San Diego as a "virtual" process. Think MRI. Check it out in your respective local area before handing yourself over to a guy with a pair of latex gloves, a tube of KY and a long fiberoptic cable.

B B

True BB great one of the techno revolution, but you still get the latex gloves if they see a polyp.  All in all not a big deal anyway, sometimes it's best if the tech can eyeball the cylinder walls before you go for a complete rebuild anyway.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 01:18:17 AM »

Sorry B.B. & Matt, but most docs will not recommend the Virtual Colonoscopy as a suitable substitute, and most insurance will not cover it. Certainly more pleasant experience, but still has the 'prep work' I would think.

Having had a younger brother that had colo-rectal cancer and survived, after giving up a huge chunk of sigmoid to the surgeon, I was on the 3 year plan for two cycles and then went to 5 years. It's a horrible experience, the post Hog-Tunes gaseous phase aside.

Get her done is good advice right doc?

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 02:08:16 AM »

Get her done is good advice right doc?

With Special Ed leading the way previously this bit of sound advice has come up before.  Have dealt with prostate issues already.  Earlier than is the norm but caught early and treated well.  Just past five years clean and it's all "behind me."

Without being at all graphic just screw the sense of indignity.  It's a small small thing compared to the alternatives.  For that matter if you're still able to harbor the sense of indignity you actually ought to consider yourself lucky.

Once you've been through it there's an extended period of time where it seems anyone in a white coat wants to slap on a rubber glove.  Internist, proctologist, oncologist, dentist, hygienist, clerk at the video store or checkout clerk at Macy's selling the line of winter whites.  You quickly just don't give a damn and lose any of the false or unnecessary taboos or bits of hubris you thought you needed to begin with. 

So yeah, like Roger said; get yourself checked out for the various things we need to get checked out for.  If the spec is 50 than do it.  I was 42 and got lucky.  Whenever, just do it.  It ain't that big a deal.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 03:12:04 AM »

Twolane's wrap up reminded me of a conversation I had with a good friend just the other day.

He had his teen daughters pick him up after the appointment and he managed to totally embarass them, a normal occurrance with teens and dads I imagine.

First off as he came out of the anesthetic he told the nurse she had just seen one of the best asses in the entire state (he recalls none of this of course) and simultaneously ripped one of d00d's favorite tunes.  Then one the elevator on the way down to the garage his melodies continued to a elevator full of other folks getting on at floors other than the surgical floor where one may understand the melody.

He had me totally in tears before he finished his story.  It's good to have some humor about this and as for dignity, well best of luck on that side :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:07 AM »

Twolane's wrap up reminded me of a conversation I had with a good friend just the other day.

He had his teen daughters pick him up after the appointment and he managed to totally embarass them, a normal occurrance with teens and dads I imagine.

First off as he came out of the anesthetic he told the nurse she had just seen one of the best asses in the entire state (he recalls none of this of course) and simultaneously ripped one of d00d's favorite tunes.  Then one the elevator on the way down to the garage his melodies continued to a elevator full of other folks getting on at floors other than the surgical floor where one may understand the melody.

He had me totally in tears before he finished his story.  It's good to have some humor about this and as for dignity, well best of luck on that side :2vrolijk_21:

That brings back some memories....   Believe me on one thing brother.  As amusing as it might be when you don't know what's going on; there are times when air guitar is the LAST thing you want to play ??? .    :huepfenlol2: :drink:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 04:32:43 AM »

That brings back some memories....   Believe me on one thing brother.  As amusing as it might be when you don't know what's going on; there are times when air guitar is the LAST thing you want to play ??? .    :huepfenlol2: :drink:

Discretion is often the better part of valor here, I haven't taken any chances after the first few hours, you may get a very bad surprise.................

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »

:worthless:
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 06:20:47 AM »

:worthless:

:puke: :puke:

Man, I sure am glad I ain't as old as the rest of you on this thread  :D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 07:06:50 AM »

That's why we share this with you so you'll know what to expect. ;) :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be checked out.  That's the mistake that 40 somethings make.  colo-rectal and prostate cancers are asymptomatic until it's too late.  Screening is uncomFARTable at most.  Having a health scare AND small children at the same time certainly gets your priorities straight.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 07:16:47 AM »

In my forties, they found a polyp.  Very small - benign - never got to see it in person, which I somewhat regret for reasons I cannot fathom.

So now, every few years, I am one with my bathroom for a day.  Don't look forward to it, but considering the treatments/prognosis of what happens when this gets into an advanced stage, it ain't so bad.

Procedure itself is fine - never know what the heck went on, but have seen some weird smiles from medical personnel, so figure it may have been entertaining for them........
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 07:50:11 AM »

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be checked out.  That's the mistake that 40 somethings make.  colo-rectal and prostate cancers are asymptomatic until it's too late.  Screening is uncomFARTable at most.  Having a health scare AND small children at the same time certainly gets your priorities straight.

I have a eerie feeling that my melanoma will get me long before any other  cancer can get me...  It's what dad died from.  I am a twice a year to the skin doc and get something removed type.

Sean

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »

When I was 41 I probably thought the same thing.  Before I'd left 42 behind I'd come to think nothing of an entire company's personnel thinking my ass was their rubber glove's target rich environment :-\ .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.