Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Is It Like A Million Degrees Everywhere Else Too?  (Read 5516 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Is It Like A Million Degrees Everywhere Else Too?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »

Anything economically feasible that replaces substantial energy is quickly nixed by environmentfolks nuts.  Appears they are much more interested in shrinking the USA economy than any viable energy alternative.

Will expect to see "Save the Sea Lice" license plates in a couple of years and hear about the HORRORS of undersea generators which might cause earthquakes, hurricanes, and volcanic eruptions (as Global Warming is claimed to have caused).
.......don't forget 'droughts'.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »

Did a dive or 2 off Palm Beach.  Current so quick we just steered ourselves.  Group surfaced probably 1/2 mile apart.  Viz was ok but was not used to the fast currents.  BTW - we were the furtherest from the boat & we did not even kick much.

...but the current doesn't look that bad on top... :nixweiss:

:indian_chief:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »

.......don't forget 'droughts'.  :drink: spyder

Spyder - a few years ago I KNEW Global Warming was/is a religion when somebody told me that cooler than normal temps were also caused by Global Warming.  Basically, it's anything they want it to be.  My Grandma was smarter than these folks, for damn sure.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »

...but the current doesn't look that bad on top... :nixweiss:

Dive Captain pointed that out to us.  Noticed a great current a few feet under & we rode the heck out of it.  All kinds of stuff to look at - big turtles.  Too late for Lobstuh season then.   :(
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »

Yup the moves well, on average 6 kts...Placement of underwater turbine-generators are being bandied about may be feasible in the next 10-20 years....

Until the "Save the Sea Lice " crazies find out about it...

Vinegar - best preventative for Sea Lice.  that and cover up...man owning a dive shop and being in the water every weekend, I had some SERIOUS cases of the ole thimble jelly larvae.

All these memories of SoFla...

Sean M Cary

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »

That's a rare shot of Boynton for sure.

I'd hate to be out there drifting baits today for sure. It would be a hot one for sure without a breeze.

That was one of the most dangerous outlets in the area - had some hairy a$$ moments coming and going from that one.  The reefs in Boynton are the best in So Fla...couple of decent wrecks.  Love the Hydro in Boca for wrecks!

Man, I am getting the diving jones!  Mini Lobster season is next week...that was my entire summer when I was in business.

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »

It is Florida flat when the Boynton inlet looks like this.....It was a washing machine yesterday, A1A is starting to open up(been closed for months)...Lots of new tunnels from McMansions to tthier own beach going in....The wealthy are not affected by this economy for sure...

That inlet on an East or South East wind is treacherous - especially when the tide is going out.

I used to dive it at night in a 10' inflatable with a 15 HP Johnson...what is the wreck to the south, just north of Delray?  Used to be HUGE jew fish on there, 3-5 at a time.

I have shot some big black grouper off the back side of the ledges - 20-30lbs.  Used to have Grouper, Hog Fish, Cobia and Lobster filling the outside freezer!

Man, I love the diving there.   :-*

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »

That was one of the most dangerous outlets in the area - had some hairy a$$ moments coming and going from that one.  The reefs in Boynton are the best in So Fla...couple of decent wrecks.  Love the Hydro in Boca for wrecks!

Man, I am getting the diving jones!  Mini Lobster season is next week...that was my entire summer when I was in business.

Sean

Thanks to the DelRay sewage outfall downstream, great fish, I guess they like to eat poop.
We were denied a permit to use our old raw sewage outfall for discharging salty water in to the ocean from new reverse osmosis plant we need to build.  The coastal aquifer in decline and we cannot extracted enough for future need.  They cited the large brain coral that has been there 100 or more years...It seamed to survive all the raw sewage dumped out there for decades but salt water may harm it.....Freakkin idiots.

I am an environemental engineer and cannot figure these enviro nuts out for the life of me...

How is that for lunacy.

:soapbox:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »

Sean

Mini season in the keys is Sturgis like crowds, on the water. You can just about walk from boat to boat that weekend and never get your feet wet.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »

Mini season in the keys is Sturgis like crowds, on the water. You can just about walk from boat to boat that weekend and never get your feet wet.

dive at night and dive in places most folks never think of - always went out at like 0200 - 0300 after I got done doing fills for my customers going out early the next day.  Always scored my 12 bugs.  I would be up with little sleep from Tuesday until Friday to keep the customers in Air/Nitrox and the $$ flowing!

Sean

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »

If you are lucky at the right place and time, you walk right out and scoop em...I was at the Hawaiian hotel and bar when the stated marching right past on the old road bed.  4-6 feet of water 30 feet from shore...I watched form my barstool and mile of the little buggere...I still like my cold water lobstuhs though.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »

I'd try thisin

Sean M Cary

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »

If you are lucky at the right place and time, you walk right out and scoop em...I was at the Hawaiian hotel and bar when the stated marching right past on the old road bed.  4-6 feet of water 30 feet from shore...I watched form my barstool and mile of the little buggere...I still like my cold water lobstuhs though.

I caught a "walk" twice and that was AMAZING - we were netting and choosing which ones we wanted.  They were everywhere, in every rock, in lines of 20 or more just walking down the sand.  Freakin amazing.

You have me completely mind f'd now wanting to dive!

did the BVI's with the Paxsons back in 98 off their yacht, bugs were ALL that size.

CHIT

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »

I caught a "walk" twice and that was AMAZING - we were netting and choosing which ones we wanted.  They were everywhere, in every rock, in lines of 20 or more just walking down the sand.  Freakin amazing.

You have me completely mind f'd now wanting to dive!

did the BVI's with the Paxsons back in 98 off their yacht, bugs were ALL that size.

CHIT

There's a DNR trap dump down there that I've visited before. We just sat out the tide and dove it when it was slack. Man, it looked like a bug condo down there. You could just pick the nice big purdy ones and leave the others for later.

Don't know if it's still there or not.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »

Are they getting a handle on the fires up country?

Slowly but surely.  For a while there we had over 1200 fires burning in CA!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.