Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: American Flags  (Read 2910 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
American Flags
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »

I have a large lighted flag pole on my front lawn, and fly our colors 24/7. My flag is starting to fade and is getting tattered in the corner. Time to bring it to the VFW recycle. So I'm in need of a new flag.

Is there an American AmericanFlag manufacturer out there? I hear they're all made overseas. :nixweiss:

I'm looking for a really good quality flag with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. Being used in a residence, it's supposed to be 3'x5'. But I think i'm going for the commercial size 4'x6'. Any suggestions where to but my next American Flag? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
Re: American Flags
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

Try Elmers Flag and Banner out of Portland Oregon.
http://www.elmersflag.com/
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »

Try Elmers Flag and Banner out of Portland Oregon.
http://www.elmersflag.com/

Thanks for the link! :2vrolijk_21:

I also found this company. Anyone use them?
http://www.annin.com/

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »

I have a large lighted flag pole on my front lawn, and fly our colors 24/7. My flag is starting to fade and is getting tattered in the corner. Time to bring it to the VFW recycle. So I'm in need of a new flag.

Is there an American AmericanFlag manufacturer out there? I hear they're all made overseas. :nixweiss:

I'm looking for a really good quality flag with sewn stripes and embroidered stars. Being used in a residence, it's supposed to be 3'x5'. But I think i'm going for the commercial size 4'x6'. Any suggestions where to but my next American Flag? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Check this site out...Annin & Company Mfg. Inc in New York City. Web Site says they don't sell directly to consumers, but if your in the NYC area Hoist; ya might check it out.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »

Check this site out...Annin & Company Mfg. Inc in New York City. Web Site says they don't sell directly to consumers, but if your in the NYC area Hoist; ya might check it out.

HeHe! That's the company I was looking at! I just asked about them in my post below! I think I'll look into them. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »

Howie, do something just a little different if it interests you.  Call the offices of your local Representantive or Senator.  The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) has a program to respond to Congressional requests for flags that have flown up the various Capital flag poles. 

If I remember right it costs only a few bucks.  They pass them out in the thousands each year.  These aren't well worn flags.  There are many that come down as quickly as they go up just to be Capitol flown flags for distribution.

I remember hearing of a White House program to do the same thing.  Don't know anything about it though.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

Howie, do something just a little different if it interests you.  Call the offices of your local Representantive or Senator.  The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) has a program to respond to Congressional requests for flags that have flown up the various Capital flag poles. 

If I remember right it costs only a few bucks.  They pass them out in the thousands each year.  These aren't well worn flags.  There are many that come down as quickly as they go up just to be Capitol flown flags for distribution.

I remember hearing of a White House program to do the same thing.  Don't know anything about it though.

Interesting idea Don. I'll look into that! Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 12:02:42 PM »

HeHe! That's the company I was looking at! I just asked about them in my post below! I think I'll look into them. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Timing is everything ain't it :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »

Interesting idea Don. I'll look into that! Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

If the staffer doesn't know anything about the program tell them to either call the Hill staff or check the website for the Architect of the Capitol Flag Program.  http://www.capitolflags.gov/

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »

I keep meaning to do that Capitol Hill flag thing but the thought of having to contact the offices of Kennedy, Kerry or Frank makes my blood curdle....so...

At least once a year I make a trip to Portsmouth, NH and stop at a Flag store on Rt. 1 called Mainely Flags.  Made in US flags.  They have a web presence here I believe:

http://www.flagstore.com/

Always enjoy the coastal route from Hampton beach to get there...

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 01:13:23 PM »

about 25 years ago..  i spent some time in the congressional flag office....   
all day long they run flags for this program on a continous loop to a short flag staff that reaches above the capitol...
they fly over the capitol for a few seconds..  maybe minutes ....come down and put right back in the box...
then they get sent to the members office and then to you and others that request them

its pretty cool that they do this for all of those special ocassions out there

Sean M Cary

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 01:59:51 PM »

about 25 years ago..  i spent some time in the congressional flag office....   
all day long they run flags for this program on a continous loop to a short flag staff that reaches above the capitol...
they fly over the capitol for a few seconds..  maybe minutes ....come down and put right back in the box...
then they get sent to the members office and then to you and others that request them

its pretty cool that they do this for all of those special ocassions out there

I have a few I flew over Fallujah - on my and the USMC Birthdays...  I also have one from the Al Faw Palace in Baghdad that flew on my wedding anniversary in 05. 

Now I have all these flags and not much room left on the "love me" wall.  One of those things, you hang onto "just cause"?

Sean

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

Howie,
Here you go.  You can get whatever size you want here.  http://www.united-states-flag.com/valley-forge-flags.html American made flags from an American Company.  :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TORKER07

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »

I personally received one of these flags myself. You will receive a form to fill out from your Senators office once you request one. If my old mind serves me well I think you have options as to what size flag you can request. I think you may also request to have it flown on a certain day, like a birthday or anniversary, although it will be faster to let them fly it on whatever day they can. You will also be sent a certificate to confirm the flag you get was actually flown over the capitol and the date it was flown. They are all flown by running the flag up and then down the flag pole as I understand it. The fees vary depending on what size flag you want, at least that is how it was done years ago. The fees are far much less than buying one from a retailer.

Tork

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »

.....and another alternative http://balchflags.com/ from the Salt City.

Howie
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.