Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008  (Read 62558 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Nige & Jans USA Pick up Ride - 30th July to 7th Sept. 2008
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »

Jan

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »

:drink:

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2008, 09:25:51 AM »

Then the camera went dead. I'll be riding with them over Trail Ridge and down to Winter Park, then they'll head south to Gunnison and I'll loop around through Golden and back home.

Craig

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »

Cool. Glad y'all had a good time. Hope it's sunny and not too chilly up top.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

Looks like fun. :2vrolijk_21: Thanks for the pictures, sorry about the battery.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »

Then the camera went dead. I'll be riding with them over Trail Ridge and down to Winter Park, then they'll head south to Gunnison and I'll loop around through Golden and back home.

Craig

sorry i didnt make it up there....  work go the best of me, and the weather was chite down here

I would have enjoyed it
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 05:16:01 PM by cuthbertss »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »

Back from the ride, it was fun, I did about 240 miles. The only bad thing is I didn't get to say good bye to the group. We got to the town that was before are parting ways. I thought the turn off was still several miles, but was on it before I knew it. Cars and bikes behind us, so I had to just wave and yell. But we did have a great time. It was a little cold up top, one of the lower towns was a balmy 71*.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:30:51 PM by Talon »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2008, 07:34:58 PM »

I know several of you are going to meet up with Nige along the way, if they don't see this tell them I'm sorry about the quick good bye, only screw up of whole ride!!! :confused5:

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:18 PM »

Nige & Jan, 

Had a great dinner at Elk street during Sturgis.

Hi Janine !!  Hope everything is going OK.

Here is only one pic.  The other camera is on the bike.

Pado
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:44 PM »

They should be hitting Red Mountain Pass soon!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »

Great pics Craig - had a really great night and a perfect ride out the next day. Smoked Pork plus all the trimmings was a real treat and the Knob Creek went down a storm - not too sure about it the following morning though. CVO hospitality at its very best, great big stonkin thanks to you and Vicky for looking after us.

Nige & Jan, 

Had a great dinner at Elk street during Sturgis.

Hi Janine !!  Hope everything is going OK.

Here is only one pic.  The other camera is on the bike.

Pado

It was great to see you both and the meal and company were first class. A pity not more people could have been there but a great CVO night out never the less.

sorry i didnt make it up there....  work go the best of me, and the weather was chite down here

I would have enjoyed it

Weather was great where we were, shame you couldn't make it.

Cool. Glad y'all had a good time. Hope it's sunny and not too chilly up top.

Wasn't bad at all - the coldest we have been was over the top of Beartooth - Rocky Mountain National Park was positively balmy compared to that.

Good report Nige, did you see John Johnston and his crew in Sturgis?

We need pictures?

Sounds like you are all having a ball.  SPOT is brilliant almost feels like I'm riding with you; memories of 2003,

Enjoy, later

Dave :)

Hi Dave - yes we saw Johnny & Dot and most of the crew who were riding with in Deadwood. Johnny took me and Jan plus Brian and Jill out to the Badlands on the Saturday and then over to a place called Bear Park USA. It was a great days riding and you sure understand why the Badlands were named the way they were after you have been there.

Can't do too much about the pictures as I have nowhere to download them too so that I can upload them. That will be a big job when I get back.

SPOT seems to be keeping a good few people amused - John Ince was saying we had 400 hits on the Jason Jonas site after only a few days so it must be one heck of a lot more now.

Everyting is still going well and both bikes are running like trains. Over 4,500 miles now through an ever changing country. We have now ridden through snow lined roads and through barren desert where the temperature has been in the hundreds and we have been surrounded by giant Saguaro cactus.

The last two days have seen us riding through Arizona and New Mexico - the sheer scale of these States and the ongoing emptiness have to be seen to be believed.

We met up with Randy Dollar and Debra last night in Tombstone and had a great meal in Tombstone at THe Depot Steakhouse. Plenty of beers  all washed down with some great dollops of laughter - excellent. This morning we met up with Randy and Debra for Breakfast in the Longhorn Saloon in Tombstone and they then treated us to 200 mile of great riding through Arizona. We visited a great bar in Bisbee called The OLde Tymers (not open but they let us in to see all the Biker memorabilia and photos). A visit to Douglas and the ? Hotel to see where the legendary Panch Villa had ridden his horse up the stairs was the last bt one viist of the day. Lunch in Columbus AZ completed our trip and we parted company. The last 80 miles saw us hugging the Mexican border before arriving at our Hotel for the night - THe Camino Real in El Paso.

Huge thanks to Randy and Debra - CVO friends for life!

We also managed a Helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon during our stay there - only one word awesome!

Cheers fer now.

Nige & Jan

Nige & Jan

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Jonince

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

Nige........at last some pictures !........As of this morning 18th August back in blighty 1105 hits on JasonJonas site. Looking like you n Jan are enjoying all that good old hospitality USA style......I am having some razor blades and larger riding gear sent ahead of you to Niagra Falls.....looks like you'll be needing them ! Just to let you know it's rained every day since you left !. Nothing much going on at home...another couple of road crew resignations following on from the lead feckers defection to BMW.....The Lord is listening after all !...... you both keep safe and well and look after your SERK it's serving you proud !  Still 3 more weeks or riding....Wow ! Heres to you n Jan  :drink: ...Love Jon n Kim xx

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »

Nige, you got out just in time, Friday they closed Trail Ridge because of snow over  10,000. It rained here for two days here, never made it out of the 60's. Looks like your having a great time. Did you get to see any of the ruins in Mesa Verde? Looks like you only went part way thru the park then headed out. Bear tooth and the area in to Silverton is usually very cool in the morning. Vicki says hi and be safe, talk to you later.

Craig

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »

Dern big ol license tag there old boy!  Don't do nuthing wrong!

DavidEBadcock

• www.davidbadcock.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:36 AM »

Now that is better, lots of pictures to make us all jealous!  Look like you are all having a ball.

Ride safe and enjoy the rest of your time; more pictures please,

Later

Dave
Ride safe and have fun! www.davidbadcock.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.