Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Victory Motorcycles  (Read 14377 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Victory Motorcycles
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »

Congrats on your new ride BD. What were you riding and did you sell trade or keep it?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »

BD,
Congrats on the new Wing.  ;)  I've had a Gold Wing and a BMW K100LT (1985; The first year the "K" model came out).  The Wing was a great bike, rode well, but I actually had more problems with it then I have had with all of my Harley's since.  Granted it was an 86, and they have gotten a lot better since then.  I agree with you on the BMW K model as far as the riding position, that apparently hasn't changed in the 23 years it's been on the road.  It was the same on my 85 and one of the primary reasons I traded it in on the Wing.   Here's wishing you plenty of trouble-free miles in the wind on your new ride.  It doesn't matter what you ride, just as long as you ride.  No need to leave forum, you're always welcome here.  Ride safe bro and enjoy that new Wing.   :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »

Terry,
That is great news that you're going to be back in the wind soon.  ;D  That Yamaha looks good and I know once you get your hands on it, it will look even better.  I've heard some good things about them, so you should be happy with it, plus it sounds like the dealer is giving you "an offer you can't refuse."  Give us a status on how it rides once you get it and I hope Debbie and I see you and Diva on the road soon. 

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

BD, congratulations on the GW. You know you're always welcome no matter what you ride (look at Chip  :D). Anyway, what's important is you found a ride that fits you and you like. Congratulations again.

HEYYYYYYYY >:( >:( >:( >:(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2008, 11:41:26 PM »

Congrats on the new Bike! :orange: :mango: :bananarock:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »

HEYYYYYYYY >:( >:( >:( >:(

:D  ;D  :D  ;D

I love ya brother!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2008, 11:44:11 PM »

Bigdog, are the GW's being made in Japan now? I thought they were no longer being made here in the states.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2008, 11:56:10 PM »

Good Evening To All
 The dirty deed is done and I have to say it's a weight off my chest.
Took the BMW K1200LT for an hour test drive and here is what I found. Seat height 30.3 inch and for me it was not bad I have a 29" inseam so a bit tall but very manageable. A number of reviews claim it to be top heavy but after riding Ultra's I found it to be well balanced. The power is non existant below 3500rpm , above that number and the engine flys to life and she really moves. I don't believe there could be a smoother bike made, it is like floating on air . No engine vibration , road is smoothed by the suspension a dream going down the highway. The seat is a bit close to the bars for me but I have been on Harley"s for a long time so it stands to reason. The seat is very supportive and not to soft but way softer than a Corbin . The handle bar switches are in logical positions except for the turn signal cancel botton which is on the right but cancels both signals. The left botton is the horn so you end up pushing it every now and again. The horn is as loud as a semi's horn and will startle the chit out of you. The transmission is smooth no whine and easy to find all gears and neutrial. The mirrors are quite a ways forward and low , I like them a lot and vision was excellent. Luggage is very roomy and no complaints there, Evan a small compartment on fuel tank to hold glasses or garrage door opener. This is a really nice bike but you definitely have to take it for a good ride before you buy! What I found is that BMW'S have a unique seat position where the ball of your foot sits on a foot peg directly below your butt , and the bars cause you to sit so your shoulders are directly above your butt. [no sloutching] For me within 15 miles I was getting a pain in my hip and it just got progressively worse as I road.
There is no where to move your feet so the cramping just continues . We looked for a way to add highway bars but no go. The dealer then conceded maybe I should take a second look at the GOLD WING.
So I did just that and by 1:00 pm I was the proud owner of a 2008 Gold Wing. After doing all the paper work I took it for a 150 mile ride and I have to say I am very pleased with it. I hope you all will allow me to stay on line with you and converse as normal. [or as normal as I am able]
Thanks for your time hope I was able to shed some light on the K1200LT for ya. :) ;)
BIGDOG

Good decision and good luck!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:58:44 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »

Dog, congrats on the GW!  What color did you get?  Airbag?  Antilock breaks?   :worthless:

Terry, awesome choice on the Stratoliner!  I sat on one for a loooong time recently at the dealer.  I loved the retro styling (gauges, rocket turn signals).  With that smooth seat I'd need a driver back rest.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »

Bigdog, are the GW's being made in Japan now? I thought they were no longer being made here in the states.

The wing will be produced in Marysvill ohio untill  Spring oof 2009 - Then the plant will be converted to auto assembly only - The "NEW" Wings and all of the other Honda Line will be produced in the NEW plant in Japan in 2010. Next Fall (2009) the models will be rolled out at the Dealer show in Vegas in September 09.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »

Good Morning
Thanks for the support, it truly was a hard decision to trade the Harley off but it had to be done. The GW was USA made and there has been no official word that the new GW's will be made in Japan . IN speaking with a number of people there is rumor that Honda may move manufacturing to Taiwan . My new GW has ABS breaks that are integrated and I chose not to have an air bag , as the dealer felt there could be issues down the road.
I look forward to meeting a lot of you down the road and hopefully getting to ride together , I will stay 20 paces behind you so no one will know you ride with Gold Wingers :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :) ;)
BIGDOG
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

Your welcome to ride anytime. I have a friend on a Victory and another on a rice rocket. All are welcome. Watch for oil leaks ;D

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »

Congratulations on your new bike!!!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:25 PM »

... I will stay 20 paces behind you so no one will know you ride with Gold Wingers :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :) ;)
BIGDOG

I was goin to tell you that you could ride up front next to me but Howie tells me I'm the "Anchor" and the more I thought about it:
... Watch for oil leaks ;D
You may want to ride in front of all of us  :D.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 07:42:23 PM »

This is my next bike, I've decided.  Excellent reviews, unbeleivable price, and I think it looks really good.

Coming soon, I hope...

Congrats... now we all can get started suggesting things you can do to it... just because you switched brands doesn't mean the hop ups are going to stop!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.