Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Cheech and Chong Back Together After 25 Years!  (Read 4127 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Cheech and Chong Back Together After 25 Years!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

"There's a man with a gun over there, tellin everyone they got to beware"...Keep an eye out for us iski, let us know when he cometh.. ;D... :2vrolijk_21:

EL, Was just a little flashback to a former life & other times. When the red or blue lights were flashing behind we KNEW they were a-coming for us.  But they never did.  Never stopped us from freaking out though each & every time time.  :huepfenlol2:

Mike

"Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten"
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2008, 10:48:32 PM »

TC, man I don't know if if it was "Thick as a Brick" or not; hell man, I'm serious when I say it was FOGGY that night  ??? I remember the the ride over (Vaguely) from Meridian, remember ridin through the Alabama Campus, remember Ian coming out to open the show in long johns. Hell, I can't even remember who the band was playin with them. I think a group called "Wild Turkey" (no not the beverage) or "Black Turkey", another English band, oh well... whatever  ;D...Yea, I know he's still touring now and then but haven't seen em since. The only time I've heard about Ian lately was a phone interview on FOX News after Tony Snow passed away. I guess Tony was a rocker and he and Ian were friends...Later

Tull (the band) was in T-town a couple of three times.  Thick as a brick...the band came out in something like monk robes, acting like they were roadies setting up the stage, then flung off the robes and did the entire album without stopping....blew all of my chit away that night.  Ian was in full space pirate mode, one leg up, playing the chit outa that flute...and Martin was doing some serious pickin'.  Took me there and back again...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

elvislee

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

EL, Was just a little flashback to a former life & other times. When the red or blue lights were flashing behind we KNEW they were a-coming for us.  But they never did.  Never stopped us from freaking out though each & every time time.  :huepfenlol2:

Mike

"Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
The man in the coon-skin cap
In the big pen
Wants eleven dollar bills
You only got ten"

LOL...Yep, been there, done that and more than just a few times...As you say though...A past life  :2vrolijk_21:  What a bunch of DUMB ASS's WE WERE!! :nixweiss: Thank God we made it as far as we did to the point of seeing our kids and grandkids grow...Life is good  :2vrolijk_21:...Blaine

elvislee

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09:57 AM »

Tull (the band) was in T-town a couple of three times.  Thick as a brick...the band came out in something like monk robes, acting like they were roadies setting up the stage, then flung off the robes and did the entire album without stopping....blew all of my chit away that night.  Ian was in full space pirate mode, one leg up, playing the chit outa that flute...and Martin was doing some serious pickin'.  Took me there and back again...

Hey Terry...Your right. it was "Thick as a Brick" in 1972. Man, that was a long "FOGGY time ago. Damn if I can remember much of that concert. I called a bud of mine up who went with us and we talked about that concert and he told me basically what I already knew...I was like a Brick...Glad you could remember... :)... :2vrolijk_21:...Blaine

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »

Hey Terry...Your right. it was "Thick as a Brick" in 1972. Man, that was a long "FOGGY time ago. Damn if I can remember much of that concert. I called a bud of mine up who went with us and we talked about that concert and he told me basically what I already knew...I was like a Brick...Glad you could remember... :)... :2vrolijk_21:...Blaine

Hey, bro...we were all just having a good time and enjoying life, by whatever ways and means.  I'm still tryin' to, but I leave most of the chemicals out of the equation these days.  Lord knows, I've killed a lot of gray matter in my life, but like a song from Goose Creek says 'Anything I didn't do wadn't worth doin' at the time'.....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 09:12:55 AM »

LOL...Yep, been there, done that and more than just a few times...As you say though...A past life  :2vrolijk_21:  What a bunch of DUMB ASS's WE WERE!! :nixweiss: Thank God we made it as far as we did to the point of seeing our kids and grandkids grow...Life is good  :2vrolijk_21:...Blaine

Blaine - Can say the same, bro.   :2vrolijk_21:  When I look into my grandkids eyes, I can see my Dad & Mom staring back at me sometimes.  Makes me wonder.....

As best I can remember, I think I saw Jethro Tull in Dallas.  I can remember -sorta - Anderson hopping around & playing that flute like a deranged whirligig.  Crosseyed Mary. But I do not know what year it was - pre "Brick" as best I can tell.  Wish I had saved the ticket stubs to better recreate my memories of these concerts.  Fuzzy doesn't begin to describe it.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.