Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Rineharts  (Read 5194 times)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
Re: Rineharts
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 07:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I had a big ass grin on my face, and my wife says, "gonna do it again?"  She's been riding on the back with me forever, including hillclimbing in the dark!.... I didn't want to tell her I had to get the seat out of my butt cause I sucked it up when the thing caught me off guard.  I would have never expected it at this altitude,(6000 ft).  Nice machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 08:44:08 PM »

Yeah, I had a big ass grin on my face, and my wife says, "gonna do it again?"  She's been riding on the back with me forever, including hillclimbing in the dark!.... I didn't want to tell her I had to get the seat out of my butt cause I sucked it up when the thing caught me off guard.  I would have never expected it at this altitude,(6000 ft).  Nice machine. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hey Striker

Please explain that "Hillclimbing in the dark"

Sounds interesting!

Bulldog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Love my Candy Cherry Baby!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 04:33:59 PM »

Good Afternoon fellow Seegheads, I am new to the site, but have been reading and learning alot over the last few weeks, and this is my first post/question. Reading about the Rineharts vs the Freedom pipes debate I think I have decided on the Freedom package which they have listed for $1405.00 on the website, based on all the positve press/ business you guys have been sending there way is a group discount available? Or are you better off buying the pipes and then  buying the power commander and Screaming eagle air cleaner seperate.

Chip it was nice meeting you and your wife downtown Charlotte the other week look forward to riding with you guys soon!!

By the way awesome site keep up the good work!

PS Chip -who did your dyno work? Bulldog
[smiley=beerchug.gif]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:42:21 PM by bulldog »
05 SEEG 2- Tone Candy Cherry
V&H True Duals with V&H Slip ons
Power commander III
S.E. Air Cleaner
HD Flame Windshield
Chrome-Inner primary cover, Cylinder base cover,HD Chrome windshield trim, chrome starter and more.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 05:38:44 PM »

Mr Bulldog

Great to have you here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
It a great big family!
And like other families we sometimes agree to disagree.
But it's a site like none other!

So post away my friend and you will be pleased at the answers and responses.

On the pipe question, my recommendation is for the whole package.
I bought just the pipes and the PClll, but that was because I already had the air breather!

You will be amazed at the difference!

I sent you a pm on the dyno work!
Just click at the top on messages!

Glad your here.

Look forward to riding soon!
Maybe this weekend!
Might even get that Osma to ride with us [smiley=shocked2.gif]

. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 05:53:40 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 07:22:39 PM »

May not be A real old fart but I liked Strikers story makes me want to ride.Now that
SPYDER he is a old fart, and why were talking about old farts where is Hubbard.

OTIS

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
 OLD FART?  ME?  [smiley=furious.gif] I KNOW you don't want me to "POST" what I know about one "Old Fart" in particular, do you?  [smiley=brood.gif] I mean, you know, the "Old Fart" that takes "flatulence" to new levels!  I didn't think so! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 07:31:20 PM »

Good Afternoon fellow Seegheads, I am new to the site, but have been reading and learning alot over the last few weeks, and this is my first post/question. Reading about the Rineharts vs the Freedom pipes debate I think I have decided on the Freedom package which they have listed for $1405.00 on the website, based on all the positve press/ business you guys have been sending there way is a group discount available? Or are you better off buying the pipes and then  buying the power commander and Screaming eagle air cleaner seperate.

Chip it was nice meeting you and your wife downtown Charlotte the other week look forward to riding with you guys soon!!

By the way awesome site keep up the good work!

PS Chip -who did your dyno work? Bulldog
 [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Bulldog welcome to the site! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  In regards to the group discount......I don't think anybody has approached them on it.  But because they put together their own package and are not just a distributor, I'd think it would be very possible.  

A "group discount" is probably not the right thing to ask for since you'd have to have a group of people ready to make the purchase within a short period of given time frame.  However, you can certainly ask for a "web site discount".  That would work something like we'll post a permanent "ad" in the "Group Buys" forum if they'll offer the members of this site ........say a 10% discount across the board.  Call and ask them.......Chip can tell you the guys name to ask for.  I've met them in person and they're all very nice guys and easy to talk to......friendly.  Good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 07:44:15 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Bulldog,
 Welcome to the Site!  For future reference, Chip is spelled "CHIT."  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Guilt by association is a forgivable offense!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Ride Hard!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 07:56:14 PM »

[smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
[smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

[smiley=laugh.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, OTIS,
  OLD FART?  ME?  [smiley=furious.gif] I KNOW you don't want me to "POST" what I know about one "Old Fart" in particular, do you?  [smiley=brood.gif] I mean, you know, the "Old Fart" that takes "flatulence" to new levels!  I didn't think so! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD  

Har!  Ole Poker-playing Dogs is more like it~  Har!   [smiley=biggthumpup.gif]   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 10:35:45 PM »

hd2003, when the wife and I first started dating, used to have a dirt bike.  Get bored at nite, head out in the hills and start climbing in the dark.  Bike would be standing straight up on back wheel, headlite in the sky, and she had blind faith that I wouldn't bring it down on some mule dear in the quakies.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2005, 08:50:25 AM »

As far as the Freedom package goes. I was an unbeliever. There, I said it Chip. Now I am stuck in trial and error land with my Rineharts and what to do with my ECM. I say go for the Freedom package. Buy some Chrome Rinehart tips vs. rotating the Freedom ones.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 11:02:48 AM by osmacat »
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2005, 09:08:55 AM »

A friend of mine has Rineharts ,with the race tuner and air cleaner kit ,preformace baffels ,dyno at 101 hp and 103 torque and runs great!Next time in for service I think I will have a race tuner installed. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2005, 10:19:51 AM »

Sure would like to see a dyno comparison of same 103 with performance vs quiet baffles.  I'm betting the more restrictive 2" quiet baffle (vs the 2 1/2" performance baffle) would increase the low end torque, which is what I am interested in.  But the gig question is, will the decreased diameter of the quiet baffle flow enough air for the 103?

Bub said they had no dyno run on a 103 with quiet baffle to show me and that the quiet was designed for the 88ci....anybody using it on their 103 that also has experience with the performance baffle on their Rineharts?  

elvis

osmacat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2005, 11:13:01 AM »

I just put the quiet baffles in on friday. It definately has a crisper throttle response off idle. It does seem to run out of steam earlier in the rpm range though. Makes me wonder if it is too restrictive? Quieter with not as low a sound. Not sure I like them yet. Will post later.
2006 FLTRI waiting for a FLTRSEI?
2005 SEEG Yellow
2004 FatBoy 95

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2005, 12:02:44 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, osmacat,
 The 2 1/2" Baffles, or loud ones, will produce the desired result on 103's and larger.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.