Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: AJ's Trip to Chief's & Traxxion  (Read 12514 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: AJ's Trip to Chief's & Traxxion
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »

AJ

get them things on and let howie try and keep up with ya on the twisties down here. :coolblue:

oh yeah we ain't got none, there is always snake road.

enjoy

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 11:17:08 PM »

"Holy Sh!t, why didn't I do this sooner!" were the words I said as I pulled out of Traxxion's driveway.    Need I say more.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 11:41:43 PM »

"Holy Sh!t, why didn't I do this sooner!" were the words I said as I pulled out of Traxxion's driveway.    Need I say more.

Tried to call today to see how you were making out.  Glad to read it went well.  I remember that reaction pulling away on mine.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »

Like learning to ride a new bike, huh AJ?  Good to see Dan and the crew again.  You'll never look back...when are you going to learn to listen to your elders?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 12:00:12 AM »

There you go.  Start saving now for the upgrade to your next bike :huepfenlol2:

Those who have made the move to Traxxion know of what you speak :2vrolijk_21:

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 12:06:54 AM »

AJ glad to hear the good news and the WOW FACTOR!  

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

Now ya get it?!!!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Enjoy it AJ! When I see ya next, I should see half your floorboards gone! ::) ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 12:26:03 AM »

Tried to call today to see how you were making out.  Glad to read it went well.  I remember that reaction pulling away on mine.

My cell phone died towards the end of the afternoon. I had been on it most of the day being that we were at Traxxion all day! The day didn't quite go as planned... The left fork somehow 'rusted' and was a bear to remove. About two hours into the job I hear the loud banging and go investigate. Back in the shop is a guy up on the lift with a hammer wailing on the fork to get it free. Once both were out it was time for lunch. So another hour later it was time to resume. Both forks went back in fine then came time to put it all back together. Let's just say that we didn't leave there until 7 o'clock. 9 1/2 hours and a few shiny pennies later, I'm one happy camper.

Terry, you're right. I had ridden a few people's bikes that had this done and never realized the difference. I guess getting on someone else's bike there are so many things that are different from your own that you don't realize all of it. As I was pulling away I noticed what a totally different ride I had. Everything from riding position to the 'feel' of bumps felt different. Yes, it was like learning to ride a new bike! Rog, this will probably be the first upgrade I do to my next new bike. What an incredible upgrade.

And Howie, I ain't an anchor no more!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 12:40:35 AM »

My cell phone died towards the end of the afternoon. I had been on it most of the day being that we were at Traxxion all day! The day didn't quite go as planned... The left fork somehow 'rusted' and was a bear to remove. About two hours into the job I hear the loud banging and go investigate. Back in the shop is a guy up on the lift with a hammer wailing on the fork to get it free. Once both were out it was time for lunch. So another hour later it was time to resume. Both forks went back in fine then came time to put it all back together. Let's just say that we didn't leave there until 7 o'clock. 9 1/2 hours and a few shiny pennies later, I'm one happy camper.

Terry, you're right. I had ridden a few people's bikes that had this done and never realized the difference. I guess getting on someone else's bike there are so many things that are different from your own that you don't realize all of it. As I was pulling away I noticed what a totally different ride I had. Everything from riding position to the 'feel' of bumps felt different. Yes, it was like learning to ride a new bike! Rog, this will probably be the first upgrade I do to my next new bike. What an incredible upgrade.

Yep, it is an amazing change.  That's why the Nanner went to Traxxion before I ever sat my a$$ on it.  Glad to hear it was a good riding experience.  Based on your and other (twolane, s/b etc experiences at the install) I think one should plan a full day and not expect to be back on the road untill dinner time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:13:02 AM by RJ749 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »

Alrighty then! So you gonna move up to "A" Group now? ::) ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 02:37:40 AM »

we didn't leave there until 7 o'clock. 9 1/2 hours and a few shiny pennies later, I'm one happy camper.

:oops:  Your day went like mine there.  The red bike was their first Harley.  They had a little bit of figuring out to do.  They got started on it first thing in their morning.  I think I rolled away about 7:30 that night.  It was at least close to it.  Chuck had to head on to meet a group for dinner.  I caught up later.  Just amazed the whole way at the difference in the front end.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »

Congrats on the new ride AJ. I know I have been told this before, but it looks like the upgrade I really need to do!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »

. . .

Thanks for confirming that, AJ.  Each of these bikes are sooooooo different even though they're the same, and we're so in tune with the way our own bike feels that it's tough to really pick up on the difference in the suspension along with everything else.  I've ridden 2 Traxxion equipped bikes and while there was a difference, maybe not a $1,000+ difference, but I always did think that I might come away feeling totally different if I felt it on my own bike.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 12:48:55 PM »

Congrats Aj, great to read your soooo happy with this upgrade. Just makes me want to get back down and try it again  ;)

Howie

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 12:22:59 AM »

I don't want to :beatdeadhorse:, but I feel the money was worth it. Don, are you sure your's was the first Harley they did because it felt like mine was!  ;D Brian, if I had just felt it on someone else's bike I would not really have known what I was feeling. Once it was on my own I could feel the dramatic difference. I don't like wasting my money any more than the next guy but if I was to keep a bike for any length of time, this upgrade would be a 'must do'.

Now for the rest of the story... I never did get to ride the bike today save the 50' to Chief's basement. She sat there all day while we installed the HID lights & saddlebag lights, fixed the XM antenna, replaced Hot Toppers, replaced the derby cover screws, and did a general clean up. She's asleep down stairs now.

Because of the BT module being mounted on top of the radio (I do NOT recommend this) we had to find an alternative spot for the HID ballasts. This first picture is for Gary. Chuck titled it "Don't be afraid of the Dremel"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.