Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: AJ's Trip to Chief's & Traxxion  (Read 12544 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: AJ's Trip to Chief's & Traxxion
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 01:37:54 AM »

They're off. Had a great visit. Now they've got 300 miles to do tonight. AJ was downstairs in the basement at 0730 this morning. He's one tired puppy right now.

:indian_chief:

I want to thank two wonderful people that I have the pleasure to call friends!

We made it home a hour ago after a 5 1/2 hour trip. Chuck gave me an energy drink to keep me awake. Home doing laundry.
Linda & I had a great weekend with Chuck & Mahota. The girls went shopping Saturday while Chuck & I worked on my bike. As Chuck said I was up @ 7:30 (that's a.m.) trying to get it all buttoned up. This afternoon we went to the Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta to see the little fishies. Another great day!

Thanks again Chuck, I couldn't have done any of it without you!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2008, 03:15:44 AM »

Glad to see you got in ok AJ.  Thought about the bike more than once today hoping the changes were great and nothing was giving any trouble.  Get some sleep and tell bike upgrade stories tomorrow.  Can't wait to read how you like the goodies on the road and in the dark.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »

Well now it's time for the bike upgrade stories... Chuck just called to get the low down on how the trip home went and what I thought. Here it is:

As I have stated about the Traxxion Dynamics, wow! The bike has a totally different ride, for the better. Weighted down with all of our gear, the bike handled flawlessly. Chuck had noticed that the Bitubo's were set incorrectly and adjusted them. I am able to corner with a more controlled feel at a higher speed. Best part is nothing fell off on the way home.

From another thread:
That being said, is this the part I need for my bike?
"Here's a dual H9 kit for your new reflector housing for $120.00.
http://www.xenonlink.com/product_info.php?cPath=115_118&products_id=165"
The H9 8000K?

The HID lights are great. If you do any nighttime riding, which we all will do at some point, these are sure to put a smile on your face. So far I am happy with the installation of Xenonlink's product. I was traveling down the highway from Augusta to Beaufort on a non lighted road when a deer crossed in front of me a mile ahead. Had I not had the HID's, I never would have known it was there. There was no danger of me hitting the deer but I was alerted to their presence. As for the install, on the dual bulb configuration of the SEUC, you will need 1 H9 bulb and 1 H8 (for the low beam) bulb. Chuck had to file the housing to make the second H9 fit. It wasn't a problem (at least for me  ;D) but in order to get the right ones, get one of each size. The light pattern was incredible. There was light everywhere. As Portal said in another post, the road signs almost reflect too much light. I also would not go with the 8K again. It is just a little too much blue. I would go with the 6000. This is just a personal opinion. Others may like the blue. When the light, whether Hi or Low, hit a white object like a license plate, it appeared to have blueish color. It made it difficult to recognize familiar signs as thet were now a different color. I made the comment that it reminded me of playing a video game in the dark. This is another upgrade that I would do again.

The final major upgrade of the weekend was the saddlebag spoiler LED's. I already have the Custom Dynamic's 14.7" red LED strip across the TP. More light is better in the back. Chuck wired the SB LED's to be run/stop/ and turn. The run/stop power is picked up from the accessory plug under the seat. However, he cut the ends off my old Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit p/n 69465-06 and spliced in the wires from the new LED's. This brought all the power to the lights except for the functionality of the turn signals. I have on order a Kuryakyn run/brake/turn module p/n 4859 that will go in series to make it all work. This is another "for show" installation that I also would do again.

Well there you have it. Three great upgrades and a wonderful weekend with friends. Who could ask for more.
AJ
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 10:31:52 PM by hard10 »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »

Glad to hear all went well for you AJ. Hoping to return and have the install done myself.

Howie

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »

My Bitubos (12" for the SEEG) should be here any day.  What's a good place to start for the settings?  Is there a thread where the adjustment procedures are described?  Thx!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 12:04:01 AM »

My Bitubos (12" for the SEEG) should be here any day.  What's a good place to start for the settings?  Is there a thread where the adjustment procedures are described?  Thx!

Mine are set to 6 clicks. It's as tight as you can go without forcing it. Once you have them on, you'll understand. Another point of reference for me is that the allen set screw is 90 degrees from dead center back. As an important note: reservoir should be up and forward. The knob will be down and away from the rear of the saddlebag. In this position Traxxion claims it does not hit the saddlebag. Brian, I'm thinking our frames and bags should be the same. Hope this helps. You've got my # if you need it.

edited: this picture shows the wrong way to mount according to Traxxions. Put the reservoir towards the front. I haven't checked then since the ride home to see if they hit but will try to tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 12:11:29 AM by hard10 »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »

Here's a picture of the horseshoe crabs at the aquarium on Sunday:

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 12:43:19 AM »

Brian, here's a picture with the Bitubo's in the corrected position:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 12:55:42 AM »

Mine are set to 6 clicks. It's as tight as you can go without forcing it. Once you have them on, you'll understand. Another point of reference for me is that the allen set screw is 90 degrees from dead center back. As an important note: reservoir should be up and forward. The knob will be down and away from the rear of the saddlebag. In this position Traxxion claims it does not hit the saddlebag. Brian, I'm thinking our frames and bags should be the same. Hope this helps. You've got my # if you need it.

edited: this picture shows the wrong way to mount according to Traxxions. Put the reservoir towards the front. I haven't checked then since the ride home to see if they hit but will try to tomorrow.

AJ, I'm pretty sure they hit the bags in any other position up or down.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »

this is the second time i have heard H-8/H-9 for the bulbs. the dual bulb housing i added to my SERK had H-9/H-11 bulbs. makes me wonder if HD changed the configuration at some point. i would suggest verifying what you actually have before ordering
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

Brian, here's a picture with the Bitubo's in the corrected position:

Wonder what is the difference whether the reservoir is in the front or back? :nixweiss:  I'm mounting them whichever way they don't rub! :o :2vrolijk_21:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

Wonder what is the difference whether the reservoir is in the front or back? :nixweiss:  I'm mounting them whichever way they don't rub! :o :2vrolijk_21:

Brian - with bags - they only fit one way - and they still may rub a bit. If you are concerned you may need to space out the upper zeus bracket a bit.

It is hard to see if they are hitting. And they may not when you are looking at it. But once you hit the road - they might. I have small scuff marks on my bags, no paint damage though
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »

Actually, you're at 9 clicks from full soft. That puts the set screw at 9:00. Full soft is 12:00. I run solo at 7, 9 2-up and loaded.

As far as the resevoirs go, as long as they're on the bottom, rubbing is probable. If they are moved to the top, they don't move with the swingarm and even if they did hit the bags, there isn't any motion to do damage as happens with them on the bottom.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »

Actually, you're at 9 clicks from full soft. That puts the set screw at 9:00. Full soft is 12:00. I run solo at 7, 9 2-up and loaded.

As far as the resevoirs go, as long as they're on the bottom, rubbing is probable. If they are moved to the top, they don't move with the swingarm and even if they did hit the bags, there isn't any motion to do damage as happens with them on the bottom.

I'm corn-fused! :huepfenlol2:  Reservoir should be on the top or bottom, front or back? :nixweiss: ;D  Chuck, which way you got yours?  Also, isn't there more than one adjustment?

Box is here, guess I'll open 'em up and take a look.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Chief,

Here are mine. Can you tell anything about the settings in these pics? Are they good? I'm 180-185 lbs and mama is around 115 (sorry baby) :P.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.