Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Bagger Brace Review  (Read 37255 times)

Red07

• Full CVO Member
Re: Bagger Brace Review
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

Ordered mine today cant wait to see how it works, i have over 20,000 on my bike so it will be like having a new bike.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2008, 03:40:05 PM »

Does anyone with the Bagger-Brace have a center stand for there bike??? Can it be installed with a center stand??
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »

getting to sound like a broken record here...  Got a J&S or other jack that lifts from the dog bone?
I remember this question being asked a while back and now I am prepared to answer it.  Yesterday I received my Bagger Brace and installed it this morning.  It has been raining all night, and so far all day, so I have not had an opportunity to ride and test the Bagger Brace, but I CAN report that it does NOT interfere with the operation of the J&S Jack.  The jack slides up under the dog bone and lifts the bike as easily and as level as before.  The part of the Bagger Brace that fits into the dog bone is only about 1/4" thick, so all is well.  Incidentally, the Brace is as well made and easy to install as previously reported.  Fit and finish is excellent.  Now if it will just perform...we'll soon see.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Red07

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »

Installed Bagger Brace Sunday haven't had a chance to ride it very much, went down the road a little ways from home seams to be more responsive. Install was very easy.

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 10:53:22 PM »

Maybe I have missed it, but can any of these Braces be fitted to a bike with a centre stand??
Santa would like to know so he can send me one........... ;D
Cheers... :drink:

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 12:36:27 PM »

Got my Bagger Brace shipped on Friday. Installation was a breeze. My motorcycle jack works as well as before installation. Now, to get rid of this damn snow...... :sauer005:  THE MUFFMAN

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »

This might not be an issue, but from what I can see from the photos, the Bagger Brace looks like it's connecting point is in the middle of the trans. I was wondering if this would be a issue. Most of the others connect to the read and to me this would make them resist the twisting (side to side) motion of the trans in relation to the swing arm pivot point. Maybe I'm wrong, but without looking I can't tell. Any comment on this by someone who has this unit?
 :nixweiss:

Red07

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

This might not be an issue, but from what I can see from the photos, the Bagger Brace looks like it's connecting point is in the middle of the trans. I was wondering if this would be a issue. Most of the others connect to the read and to me this would make them resist the twisting (side to side) motion of the trans in relation to the swing arm pivot point. Maybe I'm wrong, but without looking I can't tell. Any comment on this by someone who has this unit?
 :nixweiss:

It is very secure and I don't think it can move, I know that the bike rides and handles much better.

Walt

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

Or you could just upgrade to an 09 model, Don't believe we need them.

:P :P

Red07

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 09:54:07 PM »

I'll keep what got, hearing some slit rumbling about rear end alignment problems with 09's. Waiting to see if someone has trouble on the site, I like my bike.

Walt

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »

Worn bearings will definitely cause instability. My neck bearings are shot, and I get it now, where I didn't before. I'll be pulling the fork this winter to replace them. These rubber mount bikes are a 2-edged sword too! On one hand, you get a much smoother feel and feel less vibration. On the other hand, any wear or flexing will cause instability. Keepin it tight is the only way to have a hope that you'll be stable! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, you are right on.  Routine replacement of the neck bearing and rear swingarm bushings fix my wobble.  I'd say the rear swingarm bushings need to be changed every 20K miles.  At least for me anyway!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »

Rather than get into an argument with anyone on the merits of one Mfgr over another, my advice is to buy whatever your riding buddies are using so you can be part of their group.  :huepfenlol2:  Seriously, it doesn't really matter. Somebody a few years ago figured out that there was a "missing link" in the stock H-D rubbermount system and came up with a fix using a stabilizer rod similar to the one on the front and top of the stock H-Dmotor. Once the first one of these hit the market, a dozen other Mfgrs came up with different ways of linking the stabilizer rod to the bottom/rear of the motor and since re-inventing the mousetrap is an American passtime, we now have about a dozen different choices out there. I'm not going to preach one over another. What I will say is that any pre-09 H-D bagger will benefit greatly from installing any of these products.

B B

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2009, 04:43:22 AM »

I''ll keep what I got. I put lots of motor mods on my 07 to get it to perform the way 110's should. THE MUFFMAN

olli

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »

Maybe I have missed it, but can any of these Braces be fitted to a bike with a centre stand??
Santa would like to know so he can send me one........... ;D
Cheers... :drink:

This can be too late :(, but I have Str8 and Wheeldoc centerstand installed into my -08 and they work :)

colcop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »

Thanks Olli,
I have the Harley Centre Stand, but have been advised by Dan Semmere (of Str8) that it will fit.
Will get one in the next month or so, once I have mastered the art of actually getting the bike up onto the stand...... :oops:
Dismal failure so far.......... :nixweiss:
Cheers.......
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.