Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: I need a seat!  (Read 5767 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: I need a seat!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »

Tim;

I'm picking my FXR2 up from my tech expert this afternoon and he indeed is very interested in selling his blue FXR3 (he has a lead on bargain yellow '4 he'd like to get his hands on!).

Since I'm new to FXR's and this site, give me some specifics about the FXR3 Blue Registry that you mentioned last.

thanks

scobar44, please PM me the details on the bike. I'll get you my email and number. My friend is looking for a BLUE3 right now. Where is the bike located? Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

scobar44

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2, Arresting Red
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »

It's located in Camden, TN, a small town on the Tennessee River about midway between Nashville and Memphis.  I've ridden it and know it's pretty choice, in fact riding it is what whet my appetite for an FXR.  I'll see it this afternoon and get all details and some pictures.  I know that the owner is a top-flight Harley tech (he does all my work), so the machine is in top shape.  I'll get back online tonight with details.
Scott

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »

It's located in Camden, TN, a small town on the Tennessee River about midway between Nashville and Memphis.  I've ridden it and know it's pretty choice, in fact riding it is what whet my appetite for an FXR.  I'll see it this afternoon and get all details and some pictures.  I know that the owner is a top-flight Harley tech (he does all my work), so the machine is in top shape.  I'll get back online tonight with details.

Thanks very much. I appreciate that. I'll get ahold of my buddy and let him know. Would you mind PMing me the price. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

Thanks very much. I appreciate that. I'll get ahold of my buddy and let him know. Would you mind PMing me the price. Thanks.

UMMM WE ALL WANT TO KNOW THE PRICE......LOL   :2vrolijk_21:

:pepper:

LAUGHING~~~  ;D

Tim

scobar44

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »

My friend has a very nice blue FXR3 ,VIN 951759, 16443 mi., V&H Straight Shots, Dunlop 402's, 11 1/2" shocks, (the original Fox shocks are available) and he's asking $14,900.  His number is 731-584-8262.   mgeurin@msn.com

He is a quality guy and an excellent and fanatic Harley Tech.  I dont' think you could go wrong with his bike.

I have more pictures, but can't figure out how to post more than 1 at a time!
Scott

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »

Thanks a lot man! Nice bike. The Progressive shocks are a nice. Price is a little steep for the mileage though, based on others I saw while looking for mine. I'll pass this along to Rich and see where it takes him! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

You have to post them 1 at a time. ;)

Hoist! 8)

scobar44

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »

I can't speak for my buddy, but I know that he has his eye on an FXR4 (yellow) that's got him foaming at the mouth, so he may be flexible.

I've attached a nice 'family' shot of his 2 FXR3's and my '2.
Scott

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »

I can't speak for my buddy, but I know that he has his eye on an FXR4 (yellow) that's got him foaming at the mouth, so he may be flexible.

I've attached a nice 'family' shot of his 2 FXR3's and my '2.

What a nice group of scoots!!! :2vrolijk_21:

What kinda windshield is on that GREEN3?

Hoist! 8)

scobar44

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2008, 08:09:31 PM »

I don't know about his windshield.  That would be a nice ice-breaker when you give him a call!  Beware, however, when you get him on the phone, his enthusiasm requires a minimum of 60 min of discussion!
Scott

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:38 PM »

I don't know about his windshield.  That would be a nice ice-breaker when you give him a call!  Beware, however, when you get him on the phone, his enthusiasm requires a minimum of 60 min of discussion!

Looks like a clearview. I wonder what W/S frame he used and if it's detachable? ::)

Oh boy then, between the 2 of us, look out!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 08:14:16 PM »

Looks like a clearview. I wonder what W/S frame he used and if it's detachable? ::)

Oh boy then, between the 2 of us, look out!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

You best talk 1st thing in the morning because that will be a 10 hour call.  lol

scobar44

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »

My buddy's has just asked me to drop the price of his 1999 Blue FXR3 to $13,900.  I think he's anxious about a yellow '4 that's available.  He is in Camden, TN.  731-584-8262.   mgeurin@msn.com 
Scott

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »

windshield on fxr3 green looks like windvest. i've got one like it, but have yet to use it on my blue 3.  dave

Minglewood

• Junior CVO Member
  • '00 FXR4 (gone); '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 01:58:35 AM »

It does look like a windvest (perhaps tinted).  I've got a windvest on mine.  The mounts look the same.

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 10:56:06 AM »

Yep, that's a Corbin on there. I also have the Corbin Sissy bar pad to match the seat.  I put it on after that picture was taken.

This year I've taken several trips on my bike. 2 that were over 4,800 miles, several day rides that were over 650 miles, and a many day rides of 100 - 350 miles.

I put that Corbin on in Feb. this year.

I CAN NOT express how much I like this saddle.  I can ride it all day with no comfort problems AT ALL !!!!
One other bonus is that it LOOKS every bit as good as it sits   !!!

You've discovered wht Tim and myself already did--Badlander seats may look good but they feel bad.

It's been a few years but at one time, FXR3 and 4 seats were still out there on some dealers' shelves gathering dust.  I believe the 3 and 4 seats are discontinued but I could be wrong.  I bought my FXR3 seat through ebay but I surf ebay farily regularly and haven't seen one since.  YOu can watch there or, as in the case of FXR4 Mikey, (he's traveling right now) check Corbin.  I think that's where he got his and it looks good and apparently is quite comfortable as well.  Wherever you look, remember that our seats use the front tongue and rear thumbscrew tab and not the flip-up bracket that a lot of production FXR's used.

Here's Mikey's Corbin seat:

And in case you want to search for factory FXR3 and 4 seats, here are the part numbers and prices (as of 2004): 

Seat for 1999 FXR3:  HD number 52449-99,  HD retail $285.00
Seat for 2000 FXR4:  HD number 52450-99,  HD retail $269.95

2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.