Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Okay lets get to it.... Obama or McCain  (Read 11989 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Okay lets get to it.... Obama or McCain
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

Good idea!

I just want to be free to ride my machines!

O chit!
My life sucks!
I'm starting to quote Hoist.
Shoot me, , , , please!
 :o :o :o :o :o :o

Now that's some funny chit Chip!  :2vrolijk_21:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

vagabond6542

« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »

Terry has also chosen to delete his account here on CVOharley.com.
The difference between you, me and Terry is that you and I are still members here.

Again, as much as I disagree with his politics I will not post a response to any of his previous post since he no longer a member.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

I agree to let bygones be bygones, and I'm sorry that Terry took the easy way out.  If he thought that he was under pressure from the political view points, He and I should trade places now for this quagmire that I'm in.
I think he would feel a whole lot better. I know I would. :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2008, 08:38:24 PM »

Since the membership of this site is about as far as one can get from a true cross section of the country, I would suspect that a poll of the members regarding Obama v McCain will be about as accurate as Dick Cheney's aim with a shotgun.  As I've stated before, I haven't come to a hard and fast position on the election yet, but I do believe I see a trend developing.  The economy shows no signs of improving before the election, and it will be the number one issue in the minds of most voters.  If you assume that is true, then I believe the next assumption is that the majority of the voter's (the folks who don't have six and seven figure incomes, multiple homes, and anything else their hearts desire), will vote their pocket books and give us a Democratic President.  Even the most ignorant and easily led of the great unwashed have finally figured out that the "trickle down" theory was really about how their income was going to trickle down and down in buying power while the wealthiest 5% made out like bandits.  I have yet to see a single thing from the Republicans on improving the economy other than the same old trickle down BS, like reduce taxes on the wealthy and corporations so they will invest and create jobs.  Well, where are all those great jobs from the last eight years of trickling?  Oh, that's right, the jobs went to India and China while the American poor and middle class went deeper and deeper in debt to maintain their lifestyles.  Now that the credit crutch has been kicked out from under them, more and more of those "middle class" Republicans are going to start wondering just why they've been supporting the folks who sold them down the river.  If nothing changes, this could be the last hurrah for the ORWF (old rich white folk)  Republican party.  In the meantime, the Democrats are still stuck in a time warp where the answer to everything is more government.  I have a question for those folks, similar to the one I had for some local government folks who just loved to hire all their supporters and relatives at taxpayer expense:  When everyone is either employed by the government or is being supported by the government, who is going to support the government?  

I think what I'm trying to say is that the economy is the biggest and most important issue for this nation, and neither party has offered up anything other than the same ol' same ol'.  Some may scoff and say I'm nuts, the most important issue is national defense.  Well, when you run out of money to finance that defense I'll try to be gracious and not say I told you so.  And btw, please turn out the lights and turn the thermostat down, we can't afford the energy bill either.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2008, 08:52:28 PM »

Even the most ignorant and easily led of the great unwashed have finally figured out that the "trickle down" theory was really about how their income was going to trickle down and down in buying power while the wealthiest 5% made out like bandits.

Should I assume that you are not in that bracket as well as most of the rest of us on the site?

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »

Could the pollster possibly spell the name of the next President of the United States correctly?  :nixweiss: Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »

Could the pollster possibly spell the name of the next President of the United States correctly?  :nixweiss: Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD   

LOL

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »

Dems talking poits popping up.... from Reuters....http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080904/us_nm/wealthmanagement_report_dc

Economy will be the battleground while security is placed on a back burner. Ahhh how repetitive is history   :coolblue:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »

Got this in an email today. Not saying I agree with all of it but thought provoking none the less.

Hey guys....facts are facts!!

This has to make you think a little bit, if not then keep your blinders on!

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.

The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!

...But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase)

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~11,100--

$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YEP , IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!...AND WE SURE GOT IT!!!....NOW OBAMA, the DEM'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT--AND THE POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'--CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....
--

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

Friends, neighbors, wankers, peons, turds, people that are wrong because they disagree with me and, of course, Firedood.  The following is something that should not be shared.  It is indeed dangerous to put in to the public domain.  But, dammit, my name is not Domain so it's not being stuck in me.  So I just don't give a chit.

The following is the straight scoop.  The real enchilada.  The good dope.  The brass ring (no, not that kind of ring, they are NEVER made of brass) of contemporary American political thought.  Willie G's cousin's nephew's tailor's brother's uncle's neighor's (from just down the street) 7-11 clerk's brother of the kid that mows Willie G's bad hair yard has left his job in Milwaukee.  He went to the work for TAMPEX (Today's Airborne Metro-Postal Express).  They had the contract for deliveries to and from each of the political conventions.  And the boy came through.

The secret PP (party platforms) of each candidate!  That's right.  All this made up internet bullchit can now be put aside for completely accurate and honest made up bullchit.  Go ahead.  Snopes this stuff.  You won't find it.  So it's got to be real.  Finally, something to base your vote on.

Obama; Tactics and Platform
  • When no one is looking waterboard Hillary. That bitch gets on my nerves.
  • When Michelle is on her first State trip abroad (hehe, I said a "broad) get Bill to come party a the White House
  • Get little stickers printed that read "No VP's allowed" for all West Wing toilets
  • Get ear plugs made with Presidential Seal for meetings with Biden; damn he won't shut up.
  • Ask CNO budget impact for "two row boats and a popgun" Navy.
  • Check with Department of Interior to see if they have enough topsoil to make M1A1s in to planters.
  • Find Iraq on a map and tell one of the guys in the green suits to set my people free :oops: .
  • Learn how to spell Afganis.. Afstanigam.. Stananigram.. Afgranistam... phuk it, that place that give the British and the Russians so much grief but that we've liberated twice and still can't help but screw up the end game
  • Check with White House chef about soul food
  • Check with USSS to see if members of protective detail are hot
  • Try to find Nixon's secret plan to end the war (I may need it)
  • Try to find LBJ's plans for a "Great Society."  Need to find something for Michelle to be proud of.
  • Try to figure out a way to spin "commanding" a junior Senator's staff as being more consequential than being in charge of a state with the nation's only means of strategic intercontinental missile defense
  • Send flowers to Tehran
  • Send flowers to Damascus
  • Send flowers to Sadr
  • Send flowers to Pyongyang
  • Find out how to add floral account to budget of Deputy Secretary of State for International Security
  • Send flowers for M1A1 planters
  • Get Biden a hair piece
  • Rename "Situation Room" to "Room for 'Change' in Statecraft"
  • Find out how JFK bagged Marilyn and see if same will work with Halle.
  • Get Pentagon to make list of invade-able small countries to keep on hand for when poll numbers tank
  • Oh god please don't allow a re-emergent Russia during my administrations.  Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

McCain, Tactics and Platform
  • Never tell ANYONE I really wanted Lieberman
  • Never tell ANYONE that Palin scares me a little
  • USSS to have standing orders to shoot ANYONE crankier than I am
  • They get one warning.  Then nuke Iran.  They want nuclear weapons so bad, we'll give them one.
  • Then see if anyone else gives us any chit for awhile.
  • Ruck the Fussians.
  • Oh Damascus; smell that?  It's BBQ Tehran.  Yummy.  Smells like pork ??? .
  • New Brunswick and Nova Scotia states 51 and 52.  Treaty of Alliance with Quebec.  Screw Ottawa, they don't like us anyway.
  • Hey Mexico City, how you going to like the riots at home when we squeeze the short and curlies by shutting off dollars illegally going home.
  • Tell Palin no casual sweatswhirts and shorts in the evening.  I'm an old man and don't need the cardiac stress.
  • If you thought the guy with the funny name promised "change" you ain't seen nothing yet.  My own party is scared chitless of what I might do so just watch the other side soil its bloomers.
  • Nuclear Waste?  Reid can't stand me? Yucca Mountain?  Nevada; at nuclear poo.
  • Energy Production.  We need it.  We'll do it.  Anywhere and Anyhow it works.  We might make a mess or two.  Screw it.  We're the United States of America.  We've made messes for more than 200 years.  Then we clean 'em up and move on.
  • People give me crap about houses.  Buy a weekend place in Israel.  That'll send a freaking message.
  • Hanoi, normalization worked, I like it.
  • Havana, normalization, we can do it the easy or I can just release all restrictions on US Business.  You'll be subsumed in a year.  And I'll still like it.
  • When no one is looking waterboard Hillary.  That bitch just gets on my nerves.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »

Once again I would like to thank Mr. Carey for his vision and insight.  :rolleyes3: :znotworthy:

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »

Friends, neighbors, wankers, peons, turds, people that are wrong because they disagree with me and, of course, Firedood.  The following is something that should not be shared.  It is indeed dangerous to put in to the public domain.  But, dammit, my name is not Domain so it's not being stuck in me.  So I just don't give a chit.

The following is the straight scoop.  The real enchilada.  The good dope.  The brass ring (no, not that kind of ring, they are NEVER made of brass) of contemporary American political thought.  Willie G's cousin's nephew's tailor's brother's uncle's neighor's (from just down the street) 7-11 clerk's brother of the kid that mows Willie G's bad hair yard has left his job in Milwaukee.  He went to the work for TAMPEX (Today's Airborne Metro-Postal Express).  They had the contract for deliveries to and from each of the political conventions.  And the boy came through.

The secret PP (party platforms) of each candidate!  That's right.  All this made up internet bullchit can now be put aside for completely accurate and honest made up bullchit.  Go ahead.  Snopes this stuff.  You won't find it.  So it's got to be real.  Finally, something to base your vote on.

• When Michelle is on her first State trip abroad (hehe, I said a "broad) get Bill to come party a the White House
  • Get little stickers printed that read "No VP's allowed" for all West Wing toilets
  • Get ear plugs made with Presidential Seal for meetings with Biden; damn he won't shut up.
  • Check with Department of Interior to see if they have enough topsoil to make M1A1s in to planters.
  • Find Iraq on a map and tell one of the guys in the green suits to set my people free :oops: .
  • Learn how to spell Afganis.. Afstanigam.. Stananigram.. Afgranistam... phuk it, that place that give the British and the Russians so much grief but that we've liberated twice and still can't help but screw up the end game
  • Try to find LBJ's plans for a "Great Society."  Need to find something for Michelle to be proud of.
  • Try to figure out a way to spin "commanding" a junior Senator's staff as being more consequential than being in charge of a state with the nation's only means of strategic intercontinental missile defense
  • Send flowers to Tehran
  • Send flowers to Sadr
  • Find out how to add floral account to budget of Deputy Secretary of State for International Security
  • Get Biden a hair piece
  • Get Pentagon to make list of invade-able small countries to keep on hand for when poll numbers tank
  • Oh god please don't allow a re-emergent Russia during my administrations.  Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

• They get one warning.  Then nuke Iran.  They want nuclear weapons so bad, we'll give them one.
  • Ruck the Fussians.
  • New Brunswick and Nova Scotia states 51 and 52.  Treaty of Alliance with Quebec.  Screw Ottawa, they don't like us anyway.
  • Hey Mexico City, how you going to like the riots at home when we squeeze the short and curlies by shutting off dollars illegally going home.
  • Tell Palin no casual sweatswhirts and shorts in the evening.  I'm an old man and don't need the cardiac stress.
  • If you thought the guy with the funny name promised "change" you ain't seen nothing yet.  My own party is scared chitless of what I might do so just watch the other side soil its bloomers.
  • Energy Production.  We need it.  We'll do it.  Anywhere and Anyhow it works.  We might make a mess or two.  Screw it.  We're the United States of America.  We've made messes for more than 200 years.  Then we clean 'em up and move on.
  • People give me crap about houses.  Buy a weekend place in Israel.  That'll send a freaking message.
  • Havana, normalization, we can do it the easy or I can just release all restrictions on US Business.  You'll be subsumed in a year.  And I'll still like it.
  • When no one is looking waterboard Hillary.  That bitch just gets on my nerves.

Don,
that is some funny chit...........and has some semblance of truth or perception
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »

That's a little like a heavy smoker saying his health was fine right up to the day of his heart attack, and then looking for someone else to blame for it all going to hell in a handbasket.  The economy was "fine" as long as the house of cards it was built on didn't get jostled. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2008, 10:26:29 PM »

Don,

LOL

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2008, 12:29:25 AM »

Got this in an email today. Not saying I agree with all of it but thought provoking none the less.

Hey guys....facts are facts!!

This has to make you think a little bit, if not then keep your blinders on!

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!

...But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase)

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~11,100--

$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YEP , IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE!...AND WE SURE GOT IT!!!....NOW OBAMA, the DEM'S CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT--AND THE POLLS SAY HE'S GONNA BE 'THE MAN'--CLAIMS HE'S GONNA REALLY GIVE US CHANGE!!....JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YA THINK YOU CAN STAND???.....
--

[/quote

:orange: :mango: :bananarock:ROB MAY FOR GOVERNER - ROB MAY FOR SENATOR - ROB MAY FOR MAYOR -  WELL AT LEAST ROB MAY FOR COMMITTEE ORGANIZER ;D ;D ;D 
GOOD POINTS ROB - :2vrolijk_21:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2008, 12:32:35 AM »

• Send flowers to Tehran
  • Send flowers to Sadr
  • Get Biden a hair piece

• Ruck the Fussians.

DA@N - 2LANE YOU SHOULD BE A POLITICAL SPEECH WRITER - THATS SOME FUNNY CHIT!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.