Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: Drum Roll Please!!!!  (Read 12269 times)

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Drum Roll Please!!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »

Instead of retyping, http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=26322.msg437139#msg437139  ;)

Hoist! 8)

ok, see, this is what I mean?!?!!!!...all kinds of info here on the forum, I had no idea there were shops out there that can re-core stock mufflers and tune them accordingly...thanks Hoist! :2vrolijk_21:...I should have waited to bring it up, now it's gonna cost me more gettin' a used set :D
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2008, 03:52:09 PM »

The question is whether he is going to do them.  The good point is that neither muffler has the cat converter.  Back in 06 when they put the cat in one of the mufflers he had a hard time during the core removal and almost did not do any more.    I had my 06 mufflers re-cored by him and love em!!!!  Medium sound...not too loud but a good deep rumble.  Might have to send mine in!
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »

The question is whether he is going to do them.  The good point is that neither muffler has the cat converter.  Back in 06 when they put the cat in one of the mufflers he had a hard time during the core removal and almost did not do any more.    I had my 06 mufflers re-cored by him and love em!!!!  Medium sound...not too loud but a good deep rumble.  Might have to send mine in!

Fullsac does '07's and '08's. They've got cats! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:18 PM »

That's one gorgeous bike.  I don't think the Glide is available here in the Uk but I have known to be wrong now and again.......

MikeD

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »

Carlos and I have already got a call into him!

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »

Great lookin bike.

Can't wait to see the "finished" pics.....LOL!!!!
I agree with the others. Go with FullSac. You get to keep the OEM look and more importantly the OEM numbers on it just in case inspection ever comes about.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »

Dave-
I dropped over 2K yesterday for a color matched chopped tour pack, docking hardware, removable hardware, highway peg mounts, a new back rest pad for my wife, my wife wanted a new helmet ( it was the least I could do since she agreed on the bike).  Oh yea, and the Klock werks 12" windshield too.

I'm looking at the Bub 7 slip ons, I'll match them up to the bike next week some time and see how they look.  All the aftermarket pipes don't seem to look right on the rear end.  The mounting hardware is right up on the saddle bags.  I love the looks of the stock pipes, if only someone made a close replica of them.  I take some pics of this next week when we put it back on the lift. 

Supposed to ride to go get some breakfast this morning, going to make it a 200 mile round trip.  My goal is to have the break in period completed this week and have the 1k service done next week.  Thinking about meeting up for a day trip in Maggie Valley and also doing Biketoberfest.  Also doing a Lake Lure ride here real soon.  My wife really wants to do that ride, she making the arrangements. 

Mike,

You didn't happen to do that Lake Lure run on Sunday did you? As I was riding thru there following my buddy Kevin I saw 2 Road Glides sitting at Lake Lure across from the swim area. Had I been leading I would have stopped. I know for sure one was an 09 like yours as I saw the rear end facing the road.

Rob

MikeD

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »

Mike,

You didn't happen to do that Lake Lure run on Sunday did you? As I was riding thru there following my buddy Kevin I saw 2 Road Glides sitting at Lake Lure across from the swim area. Had I been leading I would have stopped. I know for sure one was an 09 like yours as I saw the rear end facing the road.

Rob

No but I'm trying to come up there next weekend. Are u on the 09 yet? If I come let's try too hook up, I always stay at the carter lodge.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:30 PM »

No but I'm trying to come up there next weekend. Are u on the 09 yet? If I come let's try too hook up, I always stay at the carter lodge.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if we can get the numbers right. My sales guy said it should be fine and he's always been straight with me on the others I bought from him so I will more than likely be riding it home tomorrow night.

I live in North Central Florida so I will probably miss you when you head to Lake Lure! We rode there on Thursday night and then back again yesterday. Almost 1500 miles all total. It was a blast as always. One of the guys that rides a Yamaha something or other slid off the mountain on a about a 320 degree curve on 226 I think was the name of it. Luckily there was a drive way about 8-10 feet down so he landed on that. When I came around the curve and saw his windshield spinning in the middle of the road and him nowhere to be found it really shook me up. Luckily as I looked back over my shoulder I saw him pop up. He was fine other than a bruised nose (maybe broken) and ego. He is a very good rider and was upset that he took it that fast on unfamiliar roads.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

Mike and Carlos;
  Keep us posted on Fullsac!  Maybe I'll go visit him.  My son live in Lake Havasu City so I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2008, 06:32:06 AM »

They thin it's an easy job and if we are mechanically inclined with minimal welding knowledge, it can be done at home.  I am neither!  But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!  No, I have someone local here that can do it and it would only run me about $200 total.  If you ship the pipes to them and they do the work its well over $200 with the shipping to and from.   

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:29 AM »

Mike and Carlos;
  Keep us posted on Fullsac!  Maybe I'll go visit him.  My son live in Lake Havasu City so I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

will do, I'm gonna have them send me their cores and do it myself

...let's see, I think there's a wrench around here somewhere? ;D
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »

The Fullsac re-cored mufflers appears to be a really great solution. The aesthetics of how the mufflers fit on the SERG would be difficult to improve and the benefits of looking like stock mufflers is nice too. I expect that I will send in my exhaust to be re-cored soon after I pick up my bike in a few days...but first, I will have go out and enjoy the ride a bit before I start taking it apart. I have another bike to ride so I won't be without and the turn around on re-coring the mufflers should be fairly quick. I may change my mind down the road when some true duals hit the market, but for now the Fullsac re-cored mufflers seems to be the best solution.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »

The Fullsac re-cored mufflers appears to be a really great solution. The aesthetics of how the mufflers fit on the SERG would be difficult to improve and the benefits of looking like stock mufflers is nice too. I expect that I will send in my exhaust to be re-cored soon after I pick up my bike in a few days...but first, I will have go out and enjoy the ride a bit before I start taking it apart. I have another bike to ride so I won't be without and the turn around on re-coring the mufflers should be fairly quick. I may change my mind down the road when some true duals hit the market, but for now the Fullsac re-cored mufflers seems to be the best solution.

I am really interested in this process.  Anyone else had this done??  By the way what are your plans to make it a true dual system ??? Or are you  keeping tit stock

MikeD

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »

I am really interested in this process.  Anyone else had this done??  By the way what are your plans to make it a true dual system ??? Or are you  keeping tit stock

They also have a pre-09 kit for making your pipes a true dual system with using alot of what you already have.  It's pretty interesting, worth reading the instructions.  The instructions actually tell you to stop, wait, drink a beer, later on it tells you to go pick up some chicks!  Don't tell my wife!!!  "What Honey, the instruction manual told me to!" :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.