Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Pics of Mufflers Cores For Our '09's  (Read 13021 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Pics of Mufflers Cores For Our '09's
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »

Steve is offering a 10% discount to members, also working on a 2-1 system.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27481.msg445079#msg445079

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »

I have a question about the baffles.  Both the stock baffle and the one from Fullsac.  Both have the extension "pea shooter" the sticks out the rear and is visible in the end cap.  I know that some have cut this off so it is not so noticable.  But since the Fullsac baffles also have this extension is it something that is really needed or can it be cut off without any effect?

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:05 AM »

I have a question about the baffles.  Both the stock baffle and the one from Fullsac.  Both have the extension "pea shooter" the sticks out the rear and is visible in the end cap.  I know that some have cut this off so it is not so noticable.  But since the Fullsac baffles also have this extension is it something that is really needed or can it be cut off without any effect?

Call Steve and ask, but after talking to him, i believe you could shorten it, If mine are still to noisy, I'm  going to put a 1.50" "restrictor" in the end to quiet it down more if need be. That again was Steve's idea. He also has some 1.50" core material  coming. I'll get my cores this week and see how they do. I'm looking for just over stock sound. Greg   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »

GOOD NEWS>>>> Just got off the phone with Steve, no difference in the '09 muff and no cats>>>>  Thanks for sending your muffs out and helping all of us ...Your muffs are on the way back to you...Greg

Texas 103  let us know how they sound.

thanks for the update

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 06:28:29 PM »

I just took posession of an 09 SE Roadglide, I checked it over when I got home, There are no cat's in the Mufflers on the 09 CVOs, The Cat is installed in the Head Pipe where it goes from two into one, I doubt that just swapping baffles is going to do a great deal for performance with a seven inch long platinum plug still in place.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:36:46 PM by dartman »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 06:59:31 AM »

I just took posession of an 09 SE Roadglide, I checked it over when I got home, There are no cat's in the Mufflers on the 09 CVOs, The Cat is installed in the Head Pipe where it goes from two into one, I doubt that just swapping baffles is going to do a great deal for performance with a seven inch long platinum plug still in place.

HMMMM...  Steve & I  had that conversation last week and were thinking that applied to CA. bikes only, guess not since you live in MI. How did you or how are you going to remove  it? Thanks Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »

When I get the exhaust apart I will confirm this, but I don't believe I have a catalytic converter on mine.  A catalytic converter is what moco charges $200 for (e.g. California Emissions).  Outside of the cat, what else would they install that would cost them $$?  ECM programming is free.  I seriously doubt they are going to install a cat on all 2009 bikes just to be a PITA. 

My bet is you either have a California Emissions bike (dealer could have ordered it that way) or moco screwed up and sent a CE bike to the dealer by mistake.  Have your dealer look at their moco invoice.  It will contain an itemized list of what options the bike shipped with.   If CE isn't listed then someone at the factory probably screwed up and installed the wrong exhaust on your bike.  If moco screwed up, your dealer can order the proper exhaust header for you and ship the old one back. If they ordered it that way, then your dealer will have to eat the R&R cost.  Good luck with that ;) 

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »

All of the 07 and 08 CVO 110,s have had Cats as OEM right from the start, they were in the inlet end of the mufflers, with the change to the revised 2 into 1 into 2 on the 09s lm sure its much cheaper to just install one large one in the head pipe, Ive checked several 48 state
cvo bikes and they all have the same setup as mine im betting yours does too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:21:05 AM by dartman »

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »

Very interesting.  I had no idea all 110's had a cat from the beginning.  Wonder why the $200 California Emissions fee is for? 

Can you post a picture of what yours looks like and where it is?  I will be digging into my exhaust later this week.  I would like to find it so I can figure out what to do to get rid of it. 

FWIW, several people have sent their slip-on exhaust to Fullsac.  A cat isn't in the slip-on muffler.  When the baffle is removed you can see through the pipe with no obstructions. To your point, if it's there it would have to be in the cross-over section. 

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »

I dont have the cat in my posession at this time, but its a standard Honey comb convertor identical in size to those used in the 3 1/2 in California 103 Upgrade HD Mufflers, you cant miss it it takes up the entire head pipe from the beginning of the 2 into 1 connection and ends just before the rear crossover.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

Very interesting.  I had no idea all 110's had a cat from the beginning.  Wonder why the $200 California Emissions fee is for? 

Can you post a picture of what yours looks like and where it is?  I will be digging into my exhaust later this week.  I would like to find it so I can figure out what to do to get rid of it. 

FWIW, several people have sent their slip-on exhaust to Fullsac.  A cat isn't in the slip-on muffler.  When the baffle is removed you can see through the pipe with no obstructions. To your point, if it's there it would have to be in the cross-over section. 

CA has other pollution crap on the bikes besides the cats. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
Cats in the 09s
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »

Its very likely that all the 09 Baggers will have the cat in the headpipe. 110 and 96. Not confirmed, but very likely. The muffler mods will still provide a power increase and give us some rumble. The stock crossflow muffler core is a bigger restriction than the cat. I spent an entire day modifying and dynoing the stock cores searching for a slight rumble with a little power increase. It was disappointing day on the dyno. The very best crossflow was still crap. They were louder, but no rumble. Sounded like an Angry Goldwing. And worse yet, no power increase.
So, If your looking for more power, "remove cat" should be the second thing on your to do list after modifying your mufflers. I'm sure the combo of the two mods will yield 10 HP plus.

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »

Steve, I called my dealer and spoke with the head mechanic that setup my bike.  He said that only the California bikes have a cat.  He went on to say that the 05-06 models had cats, but they were only on the right pipe.  Apparently moco stopped installing cats on non-California models when they started using the O2 sensors.  I will dig into mine and let you know if I find one. 

I also spoke with him about the dyno.  He hasn't had a chance to do a CVO yet, but he said that he's seeing a 2-3 HP improvement on stock bikes with the cross-over.  He was surprised to see any improvement.  I'm going to try to get out to the dealer this week and dyno my stock bike without any changes before installing the pipes...then do a full tune after.  I'll let you guys know what we end up with. 

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

Steve, I called my dealer and spoke with the head mechanic that setup my bike.  He said that only the California bikes have a cat.  He went on to say that the 05-06 models had cats, but they were only on the right pipe.  Apparently moco stopped installing cats on non-California models when they started using the O2 sensors.  I will dig into mine and let you know if I find one. 

I also spoke with him about the dyno.  He hasn't had a chance to do a CVO yet, but he said that he's seeing a 2-3 HP improvement on stock bikes with the cross-over.  He was surprised to see any improvement.  I'm going to try to get out to the dealer this week and dyno my stock bike without any changes before installing the pipes...then do a full tune after.  I'll let you guys know what we end up with. 

The 2007 CVO lineup (110) had CATs as well as well as o2 sensors, not sure of the 08's.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »

The 2007 CVO lineup (110) had CATs as well as well as o2 sensors, not sure of the 08's.

Who the hell would believe a dealer over us anyway?? ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.