Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: She Home  (Read 3304 times)

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
She Home
« on: July 16, 2005, 06:04:25 PM »

Picked her up this morning.....Wife understood when I got home 6 hours later....Noticed other parts that were scratched and they ordered them so it won't be compeletly fixed for another 6 weeks. But she home.

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
Re: She Home
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »

When I got home I finally put the chrome on that Don turned me on to when in the valley. What a job pulling those lifter cover screws. ( twolanerider )

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 06:22:22 PM »

When I got home I finally put the chrome on that Don turned me on to when in the valley. What a job pulling those lifter cover screws. ( twolanerider )

Looks good on there though John.  Heck of a lot easier with pipe off.  But at least you get the shiny added.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 06:31:48 PM »

Lug she looks A lot better than the last time I saw her did they fix it good.

OTIS

Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 08:05:37 PM »

Otis, They did a fine job except for the pieces they missed, but there on order know. I'am sure they were tired of me calling all the time. Told the man I can't believe he didn't once tell me if I wouldn't of crashed it, it wouldn't be here right know......Forgot what balls these bikes have after driving my truck these past few months....Now I'am thinking how the hell am I every going to ride the new 88 in. when she comes in. Could we ever go back.  Yes I know, stroke it......Don, I was wondering why they gave those long allen wrenches, I guess I found out.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 09:50:02 PM »

Otis, They did a fine job except for the pieces they missed, but there on order know. I'am sure they were tired of me calling all the time. Told the man I can't believe he didn't once tell me if I wouldn't of crashed it, it wouldn't be here right know......Forgot what balls these bikes have after driving my truck these past few months....Now I'am thinking how the hell am I every going to ride the new 88 in. when she comes in. Could we ever go back.  Yes I know, stroke it......Don, I was wondering why they gave those long allen wrenches, I guess I found out.

That's funny John because I had two of those same thoughts at different times.  Looked at those long allen wrenches and thought "what the frack are these for."  Then when I started to find out and knew that pipes would be there within the next week I just bailed out and did it all at once.  That's a sucky little job with the pipes in the way.  And a few months back I was sitting on the bike in Sonic Drive In parking lot.  A guy I know pulled up next to me with a new Road King.  Pretty bike.  He said something like "you know you'll be back on one of these next time."  And the first thought I had was "how am I ever gonna be back on an 88" again after getting used to this feeling "normal?"

Hopefully by the time this bike has enough miles on it that I'm selling it 95s will be the norm, or at least a factory option.  They can be tweaked enough to perform great without having to go nuts in the process.  But we really will be spoiled from now on.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 10:49:29 AM by twolanerider »

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 05:58:06 AM »

That is great John to see you with the pumpkin again.  I am so happy for you.  Looks like you had a couple of friends to ride with.  And I understand exactly what you mean by even if the bike has a scratched part or two, it is so much better if it is sleeping in your garage ---- not thiers.  Enjoy.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

[smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

lugnut

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 09:39:20 AM »

You know it feels so good to be part something now that she home.....I wasn't feeling that way for a few months. Matter of fact I was a A##hole a few times there....After going over the crash with a friend and showing hime the picture on Killboy.com, I finally fiqured out what happen. All I remebered was being towards the center of the lane and setting up the next corner. ( watch to much SPEED channel ) Started pulling the brake lever and the back end sliding out like I had no brakes. We'll as most of you fiqured out already I was on the yellow line, which is very slippery when wet and freshly painted....

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 11:40:52 AM »

gald you got her back
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SHRADER

• 1K CVO Member
    • WV

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Betsy
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE6 Orange Crush
    • CVO3: 1947 Indian Chief Nanner Puddin HBRR Fastest Side Valve
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »

Hey Lug, glad you got her back.

SHRADER
2014 SERK Orange Crush-Fullsac cores and screens, Decatted Headpipe, TTS Mastertune, Kury 24D, Custom Dynamic Signals, Memphis Fairing, HBRR 117R 123HP/137TQ
2004 SEEG  Huckleberry- 113 HP/115 TQ

Charter Member and National Vice President Hillbilly Rocket Riders
Charter Member and National President CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
National President and Founder of WRENCH We Ride Everywhere Nomatter Cold or Hot
Zen Master of Pondering

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 12:35:16 PM »

Lug that was A very bad day A good day for ducks I will never forget it pm me your address and I will mail you A couple of pictures I took at the crash site.

OTIS  
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »

lugnut57,

From your description of the Newly Painted Yellow Line incident and a post awile back about your leather pants saving your A$$, is identical to mine, sliding down 1-5 around Grants Pass in Oregon in early May. My bike an 03 Road Glide took most of the abuse, CDN $12,800 worth of damage.

Bike will be finished in about a week, all new body parts and repaint. Just about ready for Sturgis. Will post before and after pictures.

Glad to hear and see you are OK.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 01:16:10 PM by geezerglide »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 03:01:24 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, lugnut57,
 Parts and Motorsickles are easy to replace.  Bones and Hide, ain't!  Glad she's back.  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:02:02 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »

Sounds like I must have totally missed something.  I remember that somebody went down in Maggies Valley but I thought that it was minor damage.  Never did see a post explaining anything, so kind of forgot about it.

Anyway Lugnut, know what it feels like to be without the bike for awhile.......and know that feeling of when you first get it back (almost like the first day you got it).  Congratulations on getting it back.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 06:38:36 PM »

John,

Glad to see you're back on the road!  Ride safe!!   [smiley=laugh.gif]
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.