Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: '09 CUSE without tour-pak  (Read 45781 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: '09 CUSE without tour-pak
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »

Crazy lean angle... :o

Holy chit - that picture sure shows the problem.  "Lean angle while on kickstand" must not have been a design criteria for the new frame or line item on the "obvious chit - common sense" checksheet!   :oops:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »

Just reinstalled my tour-pak for the first time. Took 18 minutes and very simple. you are exactly right, Tom, the paving brick I cut on an angle stands the bike up where it needs to be. I'll have to keep it in my saddlebag.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »

Buckeye,

The bike looks awesome, love the color and the mods. As you know I did the same on my 06' FLHTCUSE and have not looked back. By the way, the kickstand looks just about the right length with that brick under it. 

Tom149
Looks just like my 04 SEEG  Nice job.

weamdog

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4
    • Virtual Garage
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

You go with an aftermarket amp mounted on top of the radio under the fairing. After I did some research and asked some questions on this site, there is no doubt that products from Hawg-Wired are the way to go. They cost a few bucks but their quality and construction make them worth it. They have different systems so you can amplify all four speakers or just the front 2 or add speakers in your glove boxes. If you go with their amps you also have to change out your speakers to a 4 ohm unit. Do a search on the topic and you will find several posts regarding amplifier relocation. Good Luck.

great.  thanks for the info buckeye and flyingwillie.  now i'll have to wait til the next time i can get 20% off since this is an expensive upgrade.
'00 FLSTS
'09 FLHTCUSE4 (Autumn Haze/Octane Orange)

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »

I picked up a Sidekick seat, but I had to send it back. The CVO tank console must be shorter than the standard Ultra because the seat did not cover the wires that run under the console. It was about 3/4" short. The description from HD is that it fits all '08 and later touring models. I am now taking the Badlander seat to a local company to have them cut down the seat so it blends into the tank / console for a smooth transition instead of running up onto the console. I'll post pics when completed.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »

Dang Buck, you are an overachiever...Now I got mo monee spent...Your bike looks great...I bought the tp pop off kit but it'll wait to put it on til you reserch the seat thing out...Thanks for setting the bar.   ;) :D

rooster3171

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »

Removed the tour-pak after our ride last night. Took about 15 minutes to take eveything apart. This was the first time I did it, so I would think the time to disassemble will go down with practice. The part number for the detach kit is 53246-09. I went with the Badlander seat, all the wires tuck in easily under the seat. The only thing I do not like is the detachable hardware seems a little out of place with the tour-pak off. I'm picking up the covers from HD to go over the docking points to maybe help this (part number 48171-09). Laydown license plate bracket is HD. Saddlebag guards are removed for a cleaner look. Hawg-wired amp and component speakers took care of the amp issue under the tour-pak.

Nice looking bike!  I have a 09 EG Classic and was wondering how you relocated your license plate.  Mine is attached to the tour pak.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »

Nice looking bike!  I have a 09 EG Classic and was wondering how you relocated your license plate.  Mine is attached to the tour pak.
Thanks. The license plate bracket is part of the detach kit from HD.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

Dang Buck, you are an overachiever...Now I got mo monee spent...Your bike looks great...I bought the tp pop off kit but it'll wait to put it on til you reserch the seat thing out...Thanks for setting the bar.   ;) :D
The Badlander seat came back and looks pretty good. I also ordered a Danny Grey solo seat. When the solo seat comes in, I'll post pictures of both.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 08:32:41 PM »

Not in my kit.  The laydown license bracket is a separate purchase.  It will fit the detach system but it is not part of it.  For those of you are considering this conversion I suggest you have the dealer do it unless you have lot's of time and all the tools to do it.  I do so I will complete it.  The install instructions are not even close so be warned. ...typical hd crap.  The part no. posted earlier in this thread is not exactly for the SEUC so some alignment adjustments are required.  Taking the amp overlay harness off takes patience as well.  Right now my bike looks nothing like a bike but I am sure I will be pleased with the final result. I would have posted progress photos but the wife is on a trip (China) with the camera.  Let me know if you want advice.   

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »

Not in my kit.  The laydown license bracket is a separate purchase.  It will fit the detach system but it is not part of it.  For those of you are considering this conversion I suggest you have the dealer do it unless you have lot's of time and all the tools to do it.  I do so I will complete it.  The install instructions are not even close so be warned. ...typical hd crap.  The part no. posted earlier in this thread is not exactly for the SEUC so some alignment adjustments are required.  Taking the amp overlay harness off takes patience as well.  Right now my bike looks nothing like a bike but I am sure I will be pleased with the final result. I would have posted progress photos but the wife is on a trip (China) with the camera.  Let me know if you want advice.   

PS: one very disappointing observation is all the "made in China" labels you will se when you do this conversion...most of which are under the fairing.  So I assume 90+% of the electrical is China made.  So much for the "American legend" thing.  Subconsciously I knew it had to be but it's a bummer seeing the numerous labels. Just pisses me off....can you tell?

REGGAB

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »

Great Job, BUCKEYE!   :2vrolijk_21:

Warren, best wishes to ya man.  Sure wish we had pix tho'.   :2vrolijk_21:

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 06:51:03 AM »

The laydown bracket is by Kuryakyn. The support for the bracket is part of the kit so that the license plate bracket is not attached to the TP. My earlier post was a little misleading.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »

Great Job, BUCKEYE!   :2vrolijk_21:

Warren, best wishes to ya man.  Sure wish we had pix tho'.   :2vrolijk_21:

The wife comes home tomorrow nite with the camera and since my hawg wired parts don't arrive til Friday I should be able to snap a couple of pics of what the bike looks like now with all the wiring harnesses exposed etc.....not a pretty site.  Not a hard conversion just takes time and patience cause the HD parts do not fit exactly right. >:( >:( >:(

REGGAB

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »

The wife comes home tomorrow nite with the camera and since my hawg wired parts don't arrive til Friday I should be able to snap a couple of pics of what the bike looks like now with all the wiring harnesses exposed etc.....not a pretty site.  Not a hard conversion just takes time and patience cause the HD parts do not fit exactly right. >:( >:( >:(

Yessir, but those are the good pictures from which we all learn.   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.