Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 24255 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

Or once you know the size you need come back home and order it on the internet if you can get a better deal. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

If it's worth doing, that works too. BUT TRY THIS CHIT ON FIRST!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2008, 02:38:21 PM »

Just bought a lthr. jacket from Fox Creek  and, of course, it was too small.  So, I called them and they put the next size up in the mail before I even returned the 1st one.  I had it the next day.  Now, that's the way it should go.  (unfortunatly, I just noticed in the Vendor Section that I could have gotten a 10% discount as a site member......my bad.)   :'( aaaaargh. Nice jacket with armor and lots of 'features'.  Already got it soaked and broken in.  har!   :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2008, 02:43:18 PM »

Just bought a lthr. jacket from Fox Creek  and, of course, it was too small.  So, I called them and they put the next size up in the mail before I even returned the 1st one.  I had it the next day.  Now, that's the way it should go.  (unfortunatly, I just noticed in the Vendor Section that I could have gotten a 10% discount as a site member......my bad.)   :'( aaaaargh. Nice jacket with armor and lots of 'features'.  Already got it soaked and broken in.  har!   :drink: spyder

DO NOT EXPECT THAT KINDA SERVICE FROM GERBING'S! ;)

According to UPS, Gerbing's won't receive my liner til 1/5/09. Gerbing's won't ship the new until the old is received, AND IS CHECKED BACK IN BY THEM AT THEIR CONVENIENCE! Unless you wanna pay for another one! And I had to pay the 12 bucks return shipping to boot! Oh well, just gotta get thru this now. But I'd never buy anything from them again, that's fer damn sure!!! STG!!! :smilie_daumenneg:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »

Well it took from 11/21 til today to get the gloves and liner from Gerbing. The new G3's seem much better and have larger gauntlets than the previous version I hated. Hopefully these will feel right for me. Their liner sizing tables need to get redone too. I measured myself while on the phone ordering from them, and went thru all the sizing with them while on the phone. The liner is WAY too small, even though it was in accordance with their sizing guide. I now have to return it, and they'll send out a larger one after they receive this one back. ::)

So all in all, go to a store to buy your heated gear. Don't go thru all the BS I just did to get a stupid set of gloves and a liner. It's not worth all the BS. Go to a store, pick what you want, try it on and MAKE SURE IT FITS, and buy it. I went thru way too much grief just to get this stuff. Definitely not worth it, nor are they the easiest to deal with. I thought I was on the phone with Corbin!!! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Howie, did the same with my liners - got XL and they have stretched to fit me better.  Seem REALLY tight at first, now they are spot on.

The liner I got is a bit large, need a sweat shirt over it to really feel the heat.  But with my FXRG over it was good in the low 20's this am riding to work.

They are bad about b/o's at Gerbings, but their products are top notch.

Sean

REGGAB

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »

It would probably 'mal-function' and burn your house to the ground.  :nervous: spyder

Or.......not. 

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2008, 08:27:48 AM »

Fox Creek may retro the discount if you ask Spyd  ;)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »

Fox Creek may retro the discount if you ask Spyd  ;)
They already were offering a $25 coupon for future purchases on this deal, so, I don't figure that it was too bad a oversight.  As nice as they're stuff is and great customer service.....I'll be doing biz w/ them in the future.  Next time, I'll know.  :-[ har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »

They already were offering a $25 coupon for future purchases on this deal, so, I don't figure that it was too bad a oversight.  As nice as they're stuff is and great customer service.....I'll be doing biz w/ them in the future.  Next time, I'll know.  :-[ har!  :drink: spyder
I too have had nothing but the best customer service with them. The kind of service that is all but non existent today.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »

Went for a ride on New Year's day.  It was 24F and I had my G. jacket liner under FXRG leather and gloves.  When I got back home an hour later, I was warm except my eye balls were freezing.  I rode over 50 miles and didn't see a single bike.  I guess not every one likes "The Frosty Balls" ride.
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »

Went for a ride on New Year's day.  It was 24F and I had my G. jacket liner under FXRG leather and gloves.  When I got back home an hour later, I was warm except my eye balls were freezing.  I rode over 50 miles and didn't see a single bike.  I guess not every one likes "The Frosty Balls" ride.
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Hey Hunter, what type boots/socks did you use to keep the feet warm?  Might try goggles to keep the eyeballs warmer?  ;) har. spyder

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2009, 11:41:27 PM »

Hey Hunter, what type boots/socks did you use to keep the feet warm?  Might try goggles to keep the eyeballs warmer?  ;) har. spyder
regular white cotton socks and my hunting boots, Garhartt flan. lined jeans and rain pants.
The glove liners and leather gloves are very bulky,  I'd rather have heated gloves and not screwing with liners.   :nixweiss:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »

I had to share this site, This is a neat web site with all kinds of BMW style power outlet accessories for those converting heated clothing to this preferred method. They even have some neat adapt cables for the Garmin Zumo and I-Pod and other electrical stuff :2vrolijk_21:

I guess it would help if i included the link to the site.. sorry folks.. here it is:

www.easternbeaver.com/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:42:55 PM by sportygordy »

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »

Nice find thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #148 on: January 08, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »

Man, what a great site. Thanks for posting it.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2009, 10:29:27 AM »

Man, what a great site. Thanks for posting it.

I can tell ya, things add up fast. I placed an order to convert two bikes to the BMW style plugs and spent $114 real quick..  :confused5:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.