Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Mastertune for 2009  (Read 11157 times)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Mastertune for 2009
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

By law they (HD) has to prove the add-on part caused the failure for them to deny warranty. It's going to be really tough when they sell and install a part unless they told you up front. As far as when they install a SESPT or SERT Digital Tech will say that it was used on the bike. Since the DT does know Mastertune it will not say yes it has been used but rest assured if HD wants to know they can figure it out it the dealer ssend the ECM to HD.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

JMS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3 Black and Green
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:49 AM »

I'm sure they can figure it out, whats the chances of the dealer sending the ECM to HD.....

My questions is: If I have come of these 110 problems people have been having and the ECM has been changed, is HD going to give me chit about it?
Am I safer with a SERT rather than a TTS or another programer?

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »

I'm sure they can figure it out, whats the chances of the dealer sending the ECM to HD.....

My questions is: If I have come of these 110 problems people have been having and the ECM has been changed, is HD going to give me chit about it?
Am I safer with a SERT rather than a TTS or another programer?

You can run upload either the TTS or SERT tuning files, so if you have concern that HD will detect a TTS file, then upload a SERT before service or warranty work. If you stayed with MT6 tuning files, i don't think the dealer could tell if you were running TTS or SERT, thats a good questions for Steve.

In 2006 i had broke down on the road (my 110 blew up) near Fresno. I had a DTT ignition on it at the time. I got towed into Fresno HD and they would not touch the bike because of the DTT ignition. I ended up towing to to my dealer in Yuba City, changing the ignition back to stock first. My dealer then did the necessary warranty work on it no questions asked. It's hard to say what one dealer will do, versus another when it comes to warranty work when you have performance parts installed. Your best changes are to stay with your local dealer and let them do all the mod and service work.

I just recently threw the towel in and voided any chances of future warranties. I installed a Jim's 131 and currently breaking it in,, and so far loving every minute of it.  :P My dealer is aware of this, and they did not waste a minute letting me know i no longer have any warranty. I've got issues with my gas gauge not working, and we will see what they do about this, which has nothing to do with the motor swap. I can understand them denying drive train related problems, but anything else, they better cover.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:28:30 AM by sportygordy »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »

My SERT only opens .MT2 files...would not open a .MT6.

Total SERT Rookie here - what do I need to do, or can I?

Sean

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2008, 11:26:46 AM »

When we made the SERT and HD sold it there were several updates along the way. The old software was done for .mt2 files. You would need to get a later software set for the SERT to use the newer .mt6 files. Ask around as it's floating around out there. As far as TTS Mastertune and the dealer telling it been used or a SERT or the new SESPT they cannot tell the difference between the SERT or the SESPT. Mastertune is different. DT which is the dealer tool tells the dealer that the SERT or SESPT have been used on the bike and does not detect that Mastertune was used.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »

When we made the SERT and HD sold it there were several updates along the way. The old software was done for .mt2 files. You would need to get a later software set for the SERT to use the newer .mt6 files. Ask around as it's floating around out there. As far as TTS Mastertune and the dealer telling it been used or a SERT or the new SESPT they cannot tell the difference between the SERT or the SESPT. Mastertune is different. DT which is the dealer tool tells the dealer that the SERT or SESPT have been used on the bike and does not detect that Mastertune was used.
found what appears to be 4.7.7 - have to install and see what happens

so will you be offering the upgrade path to those of with older SERTS anytime soon??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.