Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Rays  (Read 3878 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Rays
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »

It has been a while for the Philly nation.   

Nothing against the good folks of Philly, but there's just something about their sports teams that makes me _ _ _ _ _ _ well , I guess I'll leave it unsaid.

B B

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »

Lets GO RAYS !!!!
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 12:02:58 AM »

GO PHILLIES!!!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25:53 AM »

They are partying in St Pete tonight.  :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »

Nothing against the good folks of Philly, but there's just something about their sports teams that makes me _ _ _ _ _ _ well , I guess I'll leave it unsaid.

B B

Philly is a great sports town, just often misunderstood or misrepresented in the press.

It's fans are pretty knowledable and demand performance from it top players. They are homers, but they also criticize their own teams, outsiders are not allowed to though!

They are not fair weather fans either (maybe not like the cubs or bears fans, we are not that dopey) but they will stick with their teams. unlike those southern CA teams which has competition from the

outdoor latte stands

Attendance is great and home field advantage means something in Philly.

I miss the Vet for it's intimidation factor, but the new stadiums are great.

The fans can overlook indiscretions if you bring the goods, but you if you are high maintenance and do not bring the goods, you are in trouble (no mercy)

Philly is a large City with a small town attitude, being sandwiched in between NY and Washington we just (as Rodney Dangerfield use to say) do not get any respect.

We do drink the Cool Aid at times and feel we are getting dissed from the National Sports Press. We either do not get any attention or we get negative attention at times.

So why are we disliked when our teams hit the national spotlight, because we root excessively for our teams?  We are portrayed as thugs that pelted Santa with snowballs?

We booed a Hall of Fame third baseman? We are unfriendly to opposing team fans for wearing their colors in our house, and we jaw with them?

I do not know what the answer is except maybe we do have a chip on our shoulder.........

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »

I forgot............

Go Phillies!
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »

Philly is a great sports town, just often misunderstood or misrepresented in the press.

It's fans are pretty knowledable and demand performance from it top players. They are homers, but they also criticize their own teams, outsiders are not allowed to though!

They are not fair weather fans either (maybe not like the cubs or bears fans, we are not that dopey) but they will stick with their teams. unlike those southern CA teams which has competition from the

outdoor latte stands

Attendance is great and home field advantage means something in Philly.

I miss the Vet for it's intimidation factor, but the new stadiums are great.

The fans can overlook indiscretions if you bring the goods, but you if you are high maintenance and do not bring the goods, you are in trouble (no mercy)

Philly is a large City with a small town attitude, being sandwiched in between NY and Washington we just (as Rodney Dangerfield use to say) do not get any respect.

We do drink the Cool Aid at times and feel we are getting dissed from the National Sports Press. We either do not get any attention or we get negative attention at times.

So why are we disliked when our teams hit the national spotlight, because we root excessively for our teams?  We are portrayed as thugs that pelted Santa with snowballs?

We booed a Hall of Fame third baseman? We are unfriendly to opposing team fans for wearing their colors in our house, and we jaw with them?

I do not know what the answer is except maybe we do have a chip on our shoulder.........

WC Fields had his reasons! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »

The new improvement from the Vet, bigger and more holding cells  ;)
I was at an Iggles game there years ago and saw batteries getting thrown, I can't remember if it was at thier own guys or the other team.

Love the City but after Dr.J, I haven't been a fan of any Philly teams.

Go Rays, in 6

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »

WC Fields had his reasons! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Howie,  

As a Philly fan there is always a constant dilemma,  how much energy do you put into rooting for your team vs how much energy do you put towards rooting against a NY team.

This is always easier when we are out of the stakes, so hating the Giants, Mets and Yankees is real easy.

I do admit rooting for the Jets it makes the Giants fans Crazy and us Philly fans can relate to being branded as out of control fans like the Jets fans (and they wear green)

Formally FLHTCUSE3

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 01:49:38 PM »

Philly/Tampa Bay World Series

Anybody know of a good movie to rent ?

B B

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »

As long as the Red Sox are out, it doesn't matter to me who wins (sorry Neal).  I'm with Big B on this one...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

Ahhh phooey on you guys!

No sore loser here, just a loser...At least they made it exciting!  GoSox

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »

To all you CVO'ers in the Tampa Bay area congratulations and enjoy the world series.  I will never forget when Phoenix went to the Series in 2001 and beat the big bad Yankees in 7 games.  The most exciting thing I ever witnessed.  I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »

Ahhh phooey on you guys!

My sentiments exactly miker  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »

My love hate with the Bosox has been tempered by the Florida Marlins...Something about winning a world series with the team payroll of one Manny Ramierez, gotta luvem..

Well there is always next year...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.