Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: DAYTONA BIKETOBERFEST 2008..................  (Read 23467 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: DAYTONA BIKETOBERFEST 2008..................
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »

Like the lettering on your new bike Jorge! 

Good to see you & meet Rob & Rob's friend (Mike?).  Had a great time in your "office" on Saturday afternoon.

Mike

Mi amigo Mike...I was glad to see you, Rob & Spyde again......... :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »

Sorry if this sounds crabby, but I've checked this thread 20 times hoping to see pics of Biketoberfest.

Wazupwidat?

Sure would be nice to see what those of us unable to attend missed out on.

B B

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 02:43:41 PM »

Sorry if this sounds crabby, but I've checked this thread 20 times hoping to see pics of Biketoberfest.

Wazupwidat?

Sure would be nice to see what those of us unable to attend missed out on.

B B

Mi amigo Brian.....For my side, I posted what I took...................except those that are not suitable to post here  :nervous:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 02:45:35 PM »

Mi amigo Brian.....For my side, I posted what I took...................except those that are not suitable to post here  :nervous:

Jorge
       Please send all of those to  chick92064@yahoo.com

Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 05:40:48 PM »

No camera with us at DB.  Forgot & left it at home.

Did not see much of anything to take pics of - saw a LOT of LEOs & a LOT of people getting tickets though.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »

Did not see much of anything to take pics of - saw a LOT of LEOs & a LOT of people getting tickets though.

While I did not attend this year I would have to agree based upon past experiences.  In years past there was action every where however that is no the case any more.

Them times a changin'

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

The last time I was there was 06 and what I saw was that if you wanted to see some good old fashioned biker stuff you had to ride out to the White Eagle or some of the other place way outside of town. The City of Daytona seems too be making it very clear they don't want this event held in Daytona anymore. That's why FB moved out to Ormand and he seems to be pulling Bike Week / Biketobefest along with him. I tell anyone who's never been NOT to bother with Main St / Beach St etc as it's over Policed and a poor shadow of the old days.

B B

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 04:46:29 AM »

I was there 5 years running last time being in 07. Each year policing seem to more & more evident. I think noise etc. has played a major role in the townfolk basically wishing the bikers would disappear., THE MUFFMAN.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »

The last time I was there was 06 and what I saw was that if you wanted to see some good old fashioned biker stuff you had to ride out to the White Eagle or some of the other place way outside of town. The City of Daytona seems too be making it very clear they don't want this event held in Daytona anymore. That's why FB moved out to Ormand and he seems to be pulling Bike Week / Biketobefest along with him. I tell anyone who's never been NOT to bother with Main St / Beach St etc as it's over Policed and a poor shadow of the old days.

B B

You ain't whistlin Dixie there BB...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 08:40:25 AM »

My wife & I had not been to Daytona together in a few years.  Last time she was there, Destination Daytona HarleyDisney was not quite finished. Took her there since she wanted to see it.  Record is still intact - have never bought anything from that store.  Great selection of the highest priced new bikes in Florida.

She enjoyed looking at the bike collection - I did too.  A couple of Servicars there - one from the 50's & one from the 70's.  Nice customs, restored old bikes, and a lot of people buying bikes.  Quite a few Texas Choppers from American Ironhorse. 

Went to J & P since the air inlet on my good tire gauge is $%&*#@.  Bought a new gauge & she sees Michelle Smith from American Thunder.  We go over & talk to her. Nice gal.  Gave us some autographed pics.  As we are leaving the wife says she looks much better in person than on the tv show.  Had to agree - nice looking gal.

Rode A1A & also Beach Street up through Tomoka State Park (perfect day for it) - traffic not too bad. Attendance was off some according to reports as well as from what we saw.  A little easier getting around since there were fewer bikes.  Nobody doing anything much like the "older/wilder days" in Daytona basically.  Figure if they did, they were likely to get a ticket due to the amount of law enforcement present.

Had a condo on the beach so we enjoyed the evenings near that instead of going to see David Allen Coe.  Very windy on Saturday night. 

Enjoyed seeing Jorge and meeting Rob & everybody.  Good cold beer.  Food at Jorge's office is good too.

Bike is having starter issues (ACRs) and goes in for it's recall & beauty makeover product improvement or engine enhancement or whatever later this week. 

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2008, 09:02:33 AM »

While I agree with you guys that you can't get crazy on main street, I think that in my 15+ years of going to Bike week and Biketober fest that it has always been a lot wilder at places like the Cabbage Patch, or the Iron Horse. Thats where people still have the traditional biker fun.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 09:21:13 AM »

Agreed that Cabbage patch & the big open air ride in bars are still fun. 

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD03EAST102008.htm

No fatalities.  Attendance down.  Officers wrote 600 citations - more than last year even with attendance down. Most vendors say sales were down.   Rossmeyer sold 32 more bikes than last year.  His overall sales were up 12%.  Venue emphasis has switched to Ormand due to DD locating there.  Daytona is losing big revenue, as expected.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »

Agreed that Cabbage patch & the big open air ride in bars are still fun. 

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD03EAST102008.htm

No fatalities.  Attendance down.  Officers wrote 600 citations - more than last year even with attendance down. Most vendors say sales were down.   Rossmeyer sold 32 more bikes than last year.  His overall sales were up 12%.  Venue emphasis has switched to Ormand due to DD locating there.  Daytona is losing big revenue, as expected.

Good.  The dumbells have been trying to shoot themselves in the foot while killing the golden goose for the past 10 or so years.  Looks like they finally succeeded. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »

Good.  The dumbells have been trying to shoot themselves in the foot while killing the golden goose for the past 10 or so years.  Looks like they finally succeeded. 

Have noticed this for years as to some vacation destinations.  The events that grew some areas - usually Spring Break, bike events, etc. are big cash cows.  Venue taxes & sales are used to build the community & maximize revenues from the events.  Then locals decide the event is "out of hand" or not in line with their community standards (which were developed in large part by the revenue from the venue they are upset about), so they legislate the venue into the box they would like it to fit in.  Attendance drops & bikers & breakers go elsewhere to repeat the cycle.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »

she sees Michelle Smith from American Thunder.  We go over & talk to her. Nice gal.  Gave us some autographed pics.  As we are leaving the wife says she looks much better in person than on the tv show.  Had to agree - nice looking gal.

Completley agree.

Met her 3-4 times now, always pleasant and always has time for pictures and autographs, and looks much better in person then on the screen.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.