Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO  (Read 15359 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »

Well I am getting ready to take mine into the dealer this coming Monday and I have also had the 605 campain done. I have clanging noise coming from the motor in 1,2,3rd gear between 2600 and 2900 rpm. I either shift early so I don't hear it or I wait and go right through it to 3000RPM. It never did this until I had the 605 campain. I also have developed a major start problem since the 605 campain and the only way I can start the bike is by bumping the starter and then hit it to get it started. I am also having the top lid on the TP replaced because the paint is flaking off the top around the luggage mount. My seat is also being replaced because the leather is flaking off next to the stitching.They are also repacing my oil filter housing because the powder coating is flaking completely off. I also have powder coating flaking off the motor. My heated handgrips also quit working and the left one broke loose and moves.On top of all this at 75mph in 6th gear I have loud ticking noise that is now very noticeable. I am loosing total faith in HD and I think it's time to unload my new 08SEUC. :( :( :( :( And to think I got rid of a perfectly good running 06 RK???????????????
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:58:20 PM by DESERTBEAR54 »
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »

Well I am getting ready to take mine into the dealer this coming Monday and I have also had the 605 campain done. I have clanging noise coming from the motor in 1,2,3rd gear between 2600 and 2900 rpm. I either shift early so I don't hear it or I wait and go right through it to 3000RPM. It never did this until I had the 605 campain. I also have developed a major start problem since the 605 campain and the only way I can start the bike is by bumping the starter and then hit it to get it started. I am also having the top lid on the TP replaced because the paint is flaking off the top around the luggage mount. My seat is also being replaced because the leather is flaking off next to the stitching.They are also repacing my oil filter housing because the powder coating is flaking completely off. I also have powder coating flaking off the motor. My heated handgrips also quit working and the left one broke loose and moves.On top of all this at 75mph in 6th gear I have loud ticking noise that is now very noticeable. I am loosing total faith in HD and I think it's time to unload my new 08SEUC. :( :( :( :( And to think I got rid of a perfectly good running 06 RK???????????????

Sorry for your problems...
Do you've a pic of your seat ?

Thanks
Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »

Jacques, My dealer took pictures and sent them to the Moco. I still need to get my camera out and take some pictures for you.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

If one has their ride in for a "free upgrade" and, due to parts unavailability, the bike is there for 8 weeks, does the warranty get extended for 8 weeks?  Hmmm....

PAPA T

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: Not CVO 99FXSTS
    • CVO3: NOT CVO 83 Ironhead & 98 Sportys
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »

I took my FXDSE2 in today for the Head Gasket Recall and 2500 mile service and asked about ticking noise Service Bulletin and they said " Don't have anything on that". 

The only issues Ive been having besides the ticking is the alarm sounds like birds chirping instead of the ear splitting noise it was, a squeak when rolling coming from the rear area that sounds like a wheel bearing, and the front end is very soft. (they said change to a heavier fork oil)   

Any info on SB for ticking appreciated!!!
It'll feel better when it quits hurting!!!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »

If one has their ride in for a "free upgrade" and, due to parts unavailability, the bike is there for 8 weeks, does the warranty get extended for 8 weeks?  Hmmm....

i havn^t seen any pigs fly lately!

Well my ride is enhanced, managed an hours ride 2day  as i got off work early, seems ok, runs just as b4, with all the normal 110 noises!

art2001

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »

OK.....Made it to the dealer yesterday to check on the fix for the engine ticking after the upgrade.  They said that as of now there is not a service bulletin  and that they had a tech back at the MOCO who found out the info. They said the reason for the ticking is that the valve spring seats are larger then the stock and the spring clip is hitting the rocker box. The fix dramel the inside of the rocker box for .060 clearance. What is funny is that this is a noise they said they didn't hear and that it was normal. I told them the fix has been public knowledge for months on this site.  :bananarock:  Not sure if I want to do this asap as it seems like a quick fix and not a solution, maybe take some time to  :drink: on it.
02 FLSTCI
07 FLHTCUSE2

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »

They just don't listen to us.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »

OK.....Made it to the dealer yesterday to check on the fix for the engine ticking after the upgrade.  They said that as of now there is not a service bulletin  and that they had a tech back at the MOCO who found out the info. They said the reason for the ticking is that the valve spring seats are larger then the stock and the spring clip is hitting the rocker box. The fix dramel the inside of the rocker box for .060 clearance. What is funny is that this is a noise they said they didn't hear and that it was normal. I told them the fix has been public knowledge for months on this site.  :bananarock:  Not sure if I want to do this asap as it seems like a quick fix and not a solution, maybe take some time to  :drink: on it.

Read the attached notice...you will see the MOCO has previously issued a service technical bulletin to resolve the problem of the valve spring retainers contacting the rocker boxes....TT370     :2vrolijk_21:

You can educate your dealer with a bulletin that was issued in May of 2008!

Note the section on New Rocker Housing and Gasket...  There are even pictures!!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25486.0;attach=73693

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:27:23 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

art2001

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

sadunbar.... printed a copy of TT307 from the link you sent, I then went to the dealer"s on Sat. I kind of set up the service advisor in regards to the fix to the ticking, after all of the story unfolded I then asked for them to pull up the tech tip you referred too. The look on their face was priceless.  :2vrolijk_21: The end result is they are coming to pick up the bike next Sat. and do the clearance, then return bike. 
02 FLSTCI
07 FLHTCUSE2

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 09:20:09 PM »

sadunbar.... printed a copy of TT307 from the link you sent, I then went to the dealer"s on Sat. I kind of set up the service advisor in regards to the fix to the ticking, after all of the story unfolded I then asked for them to pull up the tech tip you referred too. The look on their face was priceless.  :2vrolijk_21: The end result is they are coming to pick up the bike next Sat. and do the clearance, then return bike. 

Good deal....glad it worked out for you...!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Wildrat

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

Sorry about this, but HD just does not seem to care about us, or their bikes. They know if they put their name on a toilet someone would buy it just because of the name. It's the same with their bikes, we buy them because they are HD's and we assume that because it is a HD the workmanship and pride is built into the bike but it is not. It's not the builders fault it is the money hungry employers. People talk about the Jap bikes, yea they have their issues but look at what you get as far as add-ons as compared to a HD and at a much lower cost. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to get rid of my HD for a Jap bike. It just stirs me up when I read some of this stuff. The Dealers are a whole different can of worms. I won't even go there. Again, sorry for the jack, but, but.....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:35:03 PM by Wildrat »

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »

I had the engine upgrade kit installed and have put about 500 miles. I now have a ticking coming from the top end, have been back to the dealer 3 times. Each time they have a different answer  1) I wasn't riding the bike right (not keeping the engine at right RPM levels). Checked the manual (no reference to RPM level but recommended shift speeds per gear)   2) Took manual to dealer and they said the manual is wrong. So I rode per manual and never got over 2600 RPM, dealer says engine should be driven and shifted at 3000 to 3500 RPM. So I rode to their specs and never got out of 3rd gear until over 50 MPH. I'm not riding a two-stroke dirt bike but a Touring bike. On the freeway the speed limit is 60 MPH and shifting into 4th gear takes the RPM's to 2500.   3) Had mechanic who did engine upgrade ride bike and he said he didn't hear anything but maybe a transmission whine. I round tripped this bike to Sturgis and never had this ticking sound and as a truck driver for over 30 years I know when there is a change in sound to an engine.     

Has anyone else experienced this??

Mine started after the first Head Gasket fix.  I kept on complaining about the ticking to the point that they finally had a MoCo rep take it for a ride.  His responce was "I have heard worse"  :(  It seemed a little quieter after the "Enhancement" was done. I commented about the how the new style rocker box must have quieted down the ticking.  The dealer said we didn't change the rocker box? that wasn't part of the Recall for your bike.  I told them it sure is  >:( that came out in Dec 07 after I Had the gasket done in late Nov 07  Been on the phone with MoCo..... :confused5:
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 06:18:41 AM »

Where did you take your bike? Knox H-D ordered the parts for mine 6 weeks ago said they would call when they came in, Have not heard from them as of today, But i did not let them keep my bike. With all the problems i'm reading on here sounds like the fix is not fixing the problem. Since we have 2 years to have this done think i will wait even if they do call me, I have not had any problems with mine so why fix something thats not broke????
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 06:31:08 AM »

Read the attached notice...you will see the MOCO has previously issued a service technical bulletin to resolve the problem of the valve spring retainers contacting the rocker boxes....TT370     :2vrolijk_21:

You can educate your dealer with a bulletin that was issued in May of 2008!

Note the section on New Rocker Housing and Gasket...  There are even pictures!!

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25486.0;attach=73693

Does this bulletin cover all the upgrades for the 07/08 110 or is there another bulletin with more stuff on?

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 21 queries.