Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???  (Read 7342 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Canadian dollar down - Bike prices up. What have U heard???
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 11:26:08 AM »

A lot depends on the people you are dealing with.  I traded my old bike in November, as a deposit for an April delivery of my new SERG.  Since then, dealers have raised the price twice that I can see... but my dealer in Barrie has honoured the original deal-price I traded for in November.  It's still not cheap, but 5 or 6K less than prices now.  I'm still awaiting deliver for approx. April 1st, or the 1st warm day after...   

I imagine there may have been some price protection for the dearers with sold names on the future production that was allocated prior to the increase.  You should give your dealer "kudos" for not taking advantage and still marking up the bike to current pricing.

Were you to cancel I imagine he would be held to the new pricing, but as long as he can verify the delivery to the person on the original order the factory will most likely cover the difference with price protection.  Otherwise, I can't imagine there is enough margin to swallow $5k at the dealer level and remain profitable.

You shold let folks know who this great dealer is :2vrolijk_21:

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »

Over here in Switzerland the Moco/dealers/stealers decide on the years selling prices and they stay the same for that model year, the fluctuations of money exchange make no difference.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »

Over here in Switzerland the Moco/dealers/stealers decide on the years selling prices and they stay the same for that model year, the fluctuations of money exchange make no difference.

ICE, if they set a high enough price in the beginning they don't have to change them. :nixweiss:

Your prices seem to leave plenty of room for an increase.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »

Uh, not so fast...

In Southern Ontario there are still some CVO's available and as of March 1st the current MSRP's are as follows:

SEUC - $45,149
SERG - $39,419
SESS - $34,339
SEFB - $32,179

Just thought that I should bring everyone up-to-date on our very expensive CND market price.

Pretty soon it's going to be cheaper to buy from that FB in Daytona. ;D

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »

ICE, if they set a high enough price in the beginning they don't have to change them. :nixweiss:

Your prices seem to leave plenty of room for an increase.

I dont disagree with you.     I paid 37,000swiss francs for my 07fxstsse  09 price is 40,000chf (approx33600$)and of course the ultra and road glide cost even more.......havent been to the shop lately so cant confirm the other prices

Dunwurkin

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »

I imagine there may have been some price protection for the dearers with sold names on the future production that was allocated prior to the increase.  You should give your dealer "kudos" for not taking advantage and still marking up the bike to current pricing.

Were you to cancel I imagine he would be held to the new pricing, but as long as he can verify the delivery to the person on the original order the factory will most likely cover the difference with price protection.  Otherwise, I can't imagine there is enough margin to swallow $5k at the dealer level and remain profitable.

You shold let folks know who this great dealer is :2vrolijk_21:

I've bought my last three bikes from Barrie Harley and they have always treated me fairly.  Of course, they had a lot of my money in the old trade-in back in November but still... I didn't have to make any payments other than that until this past month, and my new SERG is in their shop getting the extras$$$$ added for April 1st when I hope for a warm day to ride it home. Certainly, if I'd backed out of my deal, they'd have jacked up the price... they'd have sold it 3 times over according to them... so in answer to another post... that is one Silver/Titanium SERG you can't have...it's mine! :orange:javascript:void(0);

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »

Well to buy One US Dollar it costs from CDN $1.28 to CDN $1.30 that is today and depends on how much business you do with a particular bank.

That compare to par in August, of course a Barrel of Oil was US $147 now it is approx. $47 a barrel. It is hare to understand with the financial crisis in the US why peopel offshore think their money is safer in the US than other countries.

I'm glad I bought US moneyis last summer.

Just my .02 cents.

geezerglide

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »

Harley sales according to the March 09 edition of Thunder Press,

-U.S. quarterly sales -19.7%
-Canadian quarterly sales +1.4%
-Annual U.S. sales -13.0%
-Annual worldwide sales -7.1%

HD sales in Canada sales will likely decline as the reccession spreads and as the Deeley Tax continues to be passed on to the consumer.     

As well as the next reports will be on bikes that got the price increase on top of your dollar dropping.

Driftercat

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2009, 07:15:59 PM »

Last August I put down $2000 on a SEUC at a Southern Alberta dealer. I just talked with him yesterday and he is willing to honor the original agreement from that time which I considered to be a very good deal. The bike should be ready in April. I am thankful to be purchasing at a reputable dealer.

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »

Last August I put down $2000 on a SEUC at a Southern Alberta dealer. I just talked with him yesterday and he is willing to honor the original agreement from that time which I considered to be a very good deal. The bike should be ready in April. I am thankful to be purchasing at a reputable dealer.

Drifter
That is great news- I don't think very many will do that at least when I purchased mine last November I was not guaranteed a price if I took April delivery.
score one for the good guys. :mango:

Rob
Rob

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »

Canadian dollar had a good move against the US dollar today from $1.27 top $1.23.

Should continue I imagine at the rate the US govt is printing greenbacks.

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »

Which "reputable" Southern Alberta dealer are you referring to? Not that coke head Mick (Kanes) I hope!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »

I had ordered a new SERG from Kamloops HD in August and when it arrived in Feb 09 they told me the price went up-so did my middle finger. 
No way would they hold the price they quoted and wrote up.
Lucky I had bought one from back east in November YAHOO :2vrolijk_21:

Dunwurkin

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »

I had ordered a new SERG from Kamloops HD in August and when it arrived in Feb 09 they told me the price went up-so did my middle finger. 
No way would they hold the price they quoted and wrote up.
Lucky I had bought one from back east in November YAHOO :2vrolijk_21:

Unless you put money down on it, I'm not surprised they didn't hold the original quote.  I was fortunate to be able to turn in my 06 RG as a trade in November and thus the original price was held till I paid the balance a month ago, for April delivery. When I heard the prices had gone up though (twice actually), I was worried until my dealer (Barrie Harley) assured me they would honour the original deal.javascript:void(0);  Now, if only it would warm up here in Ontario!javascript:void(0);

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »

I had a $1000 deposit paid to the stealer.  I think a letter to MoCo is happening to find out WTF is the policy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.