Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Corbin visit.......  (Read 8480 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Corbin visit.......
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »

This changed end of last year Spyder

Solo ordered was for an 09 Streetglide.  As Candy stated, must have just changed as the close is now available heated.

Wildrat

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »

Seeing all these nice Corbin seats still distresses me. Here I have had 6 seats made by Corbin for my bike and the wifes bike and only once has the seat been up to par for me, and it was comfortable. I guess it all has to do with who makes the seat. The other problem I order mine through Corbin over in the Daytona area. I have the Mustang solo now with the same little rack that WaSEEG has on the blue SG. Maybe I will give Corbin a try again one day but after all the money that I have spent on the seats so far and the return I have gotten has not been good.
One thing for sure is a nice looking seat can do a lot for a bike, like nice wheels on an ugly car make it look better, not unless they are 42 inch chrome wheels, with low profile tires on a 80's Chevy capri classic or the like.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

Seeing all these nice Corbin seats still distresses me. Here I have had 6 seats made by Corbin for my bike and the wifes bike and only once has the seat been up to par for me, and it was comfortable. I guess it all has to do with who makes the seat. The other problem I order mine through Corbin over in the Daytona area. I have the Mustang solo now with the same little rack that WaSEEG has on the blue SG. Maybe I will give Corbin a try again one day but after all the money that I have spent on the seats so far and the return I have gotten has not been good.
One thing for sure is a nice looking seat can do a lot for a bike, like nice wheels on an ugly car make it look better, not unless they are 42 inch chrome wheels, with low profile tires on a 80's Chevy capri classic or the like.
I think the difference lies between mail order and beingon hand for the construction. At the factory you can not only choose your seat fabric from the lot pieces but also check out all the piping colors, take them outside for inspection etc. They also cut the foam to fit your rump and modify the pan to your satisfaction. We have even returned months later for free pan modifications. Personally though, I don't think I would ever buy an off the shelf seat from Corbin or any other manufacture after going through this process. We are just lucky to live close by Corbin.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:32 AM »

This changed end of last year Spyder
Which way?  I called last week and was told 'no' on the solo w/ heat for the SEEG.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »

Which way?  I called last week and was told 'no' on the solo w/ heat for the SEEG.  spyder

HeHe!!! Welcome to "The World of Corbin" spyd!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:31 AM »

Wildrat......just curious with that many Corbins hanging in the rafters.....what's been the problem?

I have read here and other forums about the lack of customer service with Corbin in Florida and even in Calif. where the consumer deals with Corbin via mail order and phone. 

For those of you that are not close enough to deal with Corbin in person I'd suggest always going through a retailer (Jim, Jenny, Chicago HD) where you're going to get it cheaper (than dealing directly with Corbin) and you can inspect the seat before accepting it and/or return it without any issues and hassel that Corbin might give you.

Spyder......it seems that everybody at Corbin hasn't got the word on the close reach seats having heat.  While I was at Corbin, the first guy that I talked to told me that they can't do heat in the seat for Terrie's bike.......I then talked to the head guy and he told me that they could......and they did. 

I followed that seat through each step of the process at least every 20-30 minutes.  Corbin lets the customer walk all throughout the factory (and it's quite large) if they want to.  You can even go up to each work station and talk to the person doing that aspect of it.....provided they speak English or you speak Spanish.  FYI.....the seat pans are different for those that have heat.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »

HeHe!!! Welcome to "The World of Corbin" spyd!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
I know.......and in the ole days they were so accommodating and easy to work with......guess if you don't live near the Calif. factory, you don't count.   :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »

I know.......and in the ole days they were so accommodating and easy to work with......guess if you don't live near the Calif. factory, you don't count.   :-\ spyder

Kinda my take on this spyd, after buying it from Jenni, and then having to deal with them when my seat wan't good for me after spending 600 bucks on it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »

Wildrat......just curious with that many Corbins hanging in the rafters.....what's been the problem?

Spyder......it seems that everybody at Corbin hasn't got the word on the close reach seats having heat.  While I was at Corbin, the first guy that I talked to told me that they can't do heat in the seat for Terrie's bike.......I then talked to the head guy and he told me that they could......and they did. 

I followed that seat through each step of the process at least every 20-30 minutes.  Corbin lets the customer walk all throughout the factory (and it's quite large) if they want to.  You can even go up to each work station and talk to the person doing that aspect of it.....provided they speak English or you speak Spanish.  FYI.....the seat pans are different for those that have heat.
Yeah, JC.  1st they told me the 'close' wasn't available to fit the SEEG in a solo model.  Then, I said OK.....I'll just do the reg. Solo but with Heat and even tho the on-line order page shows it being available, the guy said no way.  I questioned why it showed the 'heat' option, he said it was just a 'cut & paste' deal and the seat pan made to fit the SEEG in the classic solo model would not  offer the "heat" option.  I've got 3 corbins so I didn't need another one w/o the heat, so.....I'm SOL.  I think they offer heat in the dual tour model to fit the SEEG, I just don't want the tour model on that bike.  Oh well, now to look for other options.   spyder

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Gotta agree here. Sent Corbin an email, before the holidays, with pics, in an effort to get adjustments made. Have yet to hear from them  :beatdeadhorse: :rolleyes5:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

Gotta agree here. Sent Corbin an email, before the holidays, with pics, in an effort to get adjustments made. Have yet to hear from them  :beatdeadhorse: :rolleyes5:

Email to Corbin, especially with pictures, is a worthless exercise.  You must speak to someone.  They've got strippers on their mail servers that pull graphics and/or block mail containing graphics being delivered to almost everyone except for senior staff.  Even regular plain jane text email they don't do well with responding to though.  It's just not their best thing.

If you need to send imagery as part of an explanation call and ask to speak to a supervisor.  Complain a little if need be.  Then tell the supervisor what you need to send and make sure that he/she is actually high enough up the food chain there that they can actually receive it.  The sales and basic service personel will tell you "sure, send it here."  But they'll never get it.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »

Call Jenni at Tri State Harley in Fairfield, Ohio (near Cincy)..  She will give you 20% off list price and get the correct answer for you.

1-513-874-4343

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

Call Jenni at Tri State Harley in Fairfield, Ohio (near Cincy)..  She will give you 20% off list price and get the correct answer for you.

1-513-874-4343

Maybe an answer before purchase. But she has no juice there at all after purchase and you're not happy. You're pretty much on your own. She just gets the RA # after you go thru all the torture with Corbin yourself! ;)

Hoist! 8)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »

Email to Corbin, especially with pictures, is a worthless exercise.  You must speak to someone.  They've got strippers on their mail servers that pull graphics and/or block mail containing graphics being delivered to almost everyone except for senior staff.  Even regular plain jane text email they don't do well with responding to though.  It's just not their best thing.

If you need to send imagery as part of an explanation call and ask to speak to a supervisor.  Complain a little if need be.  Then tell the supervisor what you need to send and make sure that he/she is actually high enough up the food chain there that they can actually receive it.  The sales and basic service personel will tell you "sure, send it here."  But they'll never get it.
Good point Don. Hadn't thought of that because one of our members that live local to Corbin Ca. was kind enough to discuss my issue directly with one of their employees. That employee provided company ph#, cell # and email address and assured that he would attempt to assist.

Makes sense it's possible filter blocked email. I intend a follow up call today.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

Good point Don. Hadn't thought of that because one of our members that live local to Corbin Ca. was kind enough to discuss my issue directly with one of their employees. That employee provided company ph#, cell # and email address and assured that he would attempt to assist.

Makes sense it's possible filter blocked email. I intend a follow up call today.

Have danced that dance with them more than once when attempting to get a seat built.  Because they are prone to error or incomplete information anymore I beat on the details with them before ordering.  Find out emails with graphics never got to target doing this.  They'll even finally admit it when the choices to answer are:

Do you not receive the emails that have been repeatedly sent to the addresses you've instructed?

or

Are you just too stupid or blind to read and see them?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.