Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: It's here, my FXR4 was delivered today  (Read 8979 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: It's here, my FXR4 was delivered today
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »

Congrats!  You'll love the ride! :2vrolijk_21:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »

Man what a COOL looking bike! I've seen one of those around somewhere  ;D Ain't it great when Christmas comes early :2vrolijk_21:  Hey, Congrats again and she really does look good :) Hey Phil...Did ya get the stock pipes and any other stock stuff with it? ???

Nuttin but the bike and wind deflector.  I'd like to have the exhaust, but maybe I'lll find one on Ebay.  1st project is forward controls.  I want the type where you don't add the master cylinder.  The KuryAkyn 9068 are discontinued.  Another variety doesn't appear to look sturdy in the photos.

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

RedFXR2

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 12:35:59 PM »

Really nice bike. :2vrolijk_21:

And another CVO FXR owner. :2vrolijk_21: 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »

Unfortunately this weeks sanding and salting sort of means the end of my riding season, but you and Sue are welcome anytime  We'll set something up.
Phil,
Congrats, bike looks great. :2vrolijk_21: BTW - Since the bike was already on the truck I'm sure someone in a warmer climate would have been more then happy to keep it and ride over the winter for you. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »

Phil,
Congrats, bike looks great. :2vrolijk_21: BTW - Since the bike was already on the truck I'm sure someone in a warmer climate would have been more then happy to keep it and ride over the winter for you. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks dood, I'm going out to check the mileage just in case.  It's been in the truck for a while.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »

Congrads on the new scoot. Looks very sweet!
JW

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »

Congrads on the new scoot. Looks very sweet!
JW

It was purchased from Heritage in Lisle, Il., close to you?  They were great to deal with.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

Lisle is up by Chicago....home of Illinois politics  LOL    I'm 180 miles south in the cornfields! Can't wait to get my FXR up and running.

JW

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:54 PM »

Lisle is up by Chicago....home of Illinois politics  LOL    I'm 180 miles south in the cornfields! Can't wait to get my FXR up and running.

JW

Looking for a new governor and senator these days.  The Daley legacy.  The only city more corrupt than Chicago is Boston.  We has a state senator filmed taking bribes and a Boston city councilman, in one month.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:20 PM »

Very nice bike! I got a yellow FXR4 also but had a few changes from stock when I got it. I changed it some more too but hey isn't it all about customizing it and  making suit your preferences? Anyway I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. This is my second FXR they handle like a big Sportster in town but drive way better on the highway. Walk out in a parking lot of Hogs you will see many Softails, Dressers etc but will not see any or many FXR bikes! I could have gotten a new one for a bit more but I got what I wanted. You see alot of TC but not too many EVO bikes nowdays. Where did they all go?????? But having a rare  last of FXR  and last EVO and last of the carberated motors off the assembly line is some thing to love.
Enjoy it man,

Lynn

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »

Very nice bike! I got a yellow FXR4 also but had a few changes from stock when I got it. I changed it some more too but hey isn't it all about customizing it and  making suit your preferences? Anyway I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. This is my second FXR they handle like a big Sportster in town but drive way better on the highway. Walk out in a parking lot of Hogs you will see many Softails, Dressers etc but will not see any or many FXR bikes! I could have gotten a new one for a bit more but I got what I wanted. You see alot of TC but not too many EVO bikes nowdays. Where did they all go?????? But having a rare  last of FXR  and last EVO and last of the carberated motors off the assembly line is some thing to love.
Enjoy it man,

Lynn

After a lot of grief with my 07 110", it's nice to get back to basics.  I've found a carb street glide that I'm pursuing, too.

elvislee

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

Enjoy it man,

Lynn

Amen to that brother; been riding mine down here in South Alabamy and can only think of four FXR's I've seen ridin about other than mine and have never seen another Fxr2/3/4. Matter of fact; I never seen another Fxr2/3/4 in person other than my own when I think about it (Just pics)  ???  :nixweiss:  Your right about one thing; when ya pull up in the middle of all them baggers, Wg's, Softails, etc, etc; everybody pays attention :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:13:01 AM by elvislee »

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »

Phil!!!

:2vrolijk_21:   CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  what a wonderful addition........it seems it was worth the wait.....how EXCITING FOR YOU!!!!!

GREAT LOOKING FXR4!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Tim

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »

pssssssssssst Lynn....

Where was your photo taken?  Looks like lovely country....

Regards,

Tim

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

Amen to that brother; been riding mine down here in South Alabamy and can only think of four FXR's I've seen ridin about other than mine. Your right about one thing; when ya pull up in the middle of all them baggers, Wg's, Softails, etc, etc; everybody pays attention :2vrolijk_21:

You know THAT"S RIGHT !!!

I've been riding my 4 since 2000 ..........  I have NEVER ridden into another groups and saw a FXR4 ..... some, not many, FXDL's and they were also the EXCEPTION !!
For sure the FXR draws a crowd and they all wanna talk about the bike    ..........  psssssssssst    I LOVE IT   !!!!!!!!!!    :pepper:
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.