Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Glides on dealers floors.  (Read 14071 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: Glides on dealers floors.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 03:06:56 PM »

Waiting to see what "it" will be when it finally hits the street is worth a significant bit of anticipation.  Personally, however, I'm still not interested in whatever the motor will be in its first year or two of release.  Unless someone else has done the motor for them Harley has proved too many times they can't get it right right out of the box on significant new engine models.  They might this time, and they might not.  But their own history too strongly suggests they won't.  I'll be quite content enjoying the new engine from the sidelines for awhile until comfort levels of its reliability have become appropriate.

That sums it up nicely Don. Aside from the 103" with very little in the way of mechanical issues, I for one will never buy the first year product (engin), especially if it was designed in Milwaukee. If Porsche does it for them (again) then maybe we've got a viable product. We're the 'premium' test market, thus endeth the lesson as Hubbard aptly puts it.
 :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 06:08:56 AM »

I dont know where you are but around here there are absolutely no SERG or SEUC on the floor or typically available!  You might be able to work something out for middle of next year.  Most dealers are asking over msrp for the bikes as well.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 08:42:54 AM »

I dont know where you are but around here there are absolutely no SERG or SEUC on the floor or typically available!  You might be able to work something out for middle of next year.  Most dealers are asking over msrp for the bikes as well.

Same where I am at in East TN.  Five dealers and no SERG or SEUC on the Floor.  None of the five have an SERG coming in that does not already have a deposit on it.  The dealer I use had a deposit on every SERG he was getting with in five days of the bike being announced.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »

With the Moco reducing production numbers significantly, fewer CVO's will hit the floors in Q1 and Q2 of 2009. As a result I'd be inclined  to say that all '09 model CVO's produced will be sold by May at the latest. Not every dealer will have demand over supply, but looking at the market in its entirety, I am pretty certain.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 09:10:47 AM »

Walked into the local dealer yesterday and low and behold there was an orange/black 2009 SERG on the floor.  That was the first one I had seen.  That thing is straight up beautiful.  Wow, what a sweet sweet sweet bike!!!!
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »

Walked into the local dealer yesterday and low and behold there was an orange/black 2009 SERG on the floor.  That was the first one I had seen.  That thing is straight up beautiful.  Wow, what a sweet sweet sweet bike!!!!

I can't wait to see my first one of any color and I live here in sunny SoCal at a destination mc town. Been to HOG meetings, dealers, biker bars, runs, 100 mile cummute every day, and haven't seen one excecpt on this website. I'll keep looking though :wideeyed:  Doc

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »

Things must vary a lot by where you live. My local dealer has the 2009 orange SEUC sitting in his store's front widow for about three months now. He also has the 2009 red SEUC sitting in his warehouse, since I asked him to show it to me a few weeks ago and it's still there too. The weird part is that while the dealer says he'll sell for MSRP, he adds on $375 for freight and another $500 for dealer prep, both which are BS fees to me based upon another string about Kutter HD in Janesville, WI. The local dealer also has several other 2009 SE models as well as some SE's from 2008. Apparently they are not as desperate as the auto industry.

springer 03

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »

Things must vary a lot by where you live. My local dealer has the 2009 orange SEUC sitting in his store's front widow for about three months now. He also has the 2009 red SEUC sitting in his warehouse, since I asked him to show it to me a few weeks ago and it's still there too. The weird part is that while the dealer says he'll sell for MSRP, he adds on $375 for freight and another $500 for dealer prep, both which are BS fees to me based upon another string about Kutter HD in Janesville, WI. The local dealer also has several other 2009 SE models as well as some SE's from 2008. Apparently they are not as desperate as the auto industry.

Must be a sunbelt thing. Seems that where they ride year round they sold out. :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

I can't wait to see my first one of any color and I live here in sunny SoCal at a destination mc town. Been to HOG meetings, dealers, biker bars, runs, 100 mile cummute every day, and haven't seen one excecpt on this website. I'll keep looking though :wideeyed:  Doc

Kind of like the SEEG, Nor Cal was inundated with them before the rest of the country had more than a couple.  Andy has the Silver SERG and Don has the Orange & black one.  They're both beautiful bikes. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 09:26:39 PM »

Lake Elsinore, eh?  That's BlackSheep Country.  You must see us all over the place.  We're having a big get together in March.  HOPEFULLY I'll be there with mine at that time.  Keeping my fingers crossed.   :pineapple:

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »

No chit Doc. I was beginnng to get a complex thinking I was the only one. Closest I've come was sitting in traffic with a guy on a silver one on the opposite side of the intersection heading away from me. I didn't think I'd never see another one for months or I'd have chased him down.

B B

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »

Lake Elsinore, eh?  That's BlackSheep Country.  You must see us all over the place.  We're having a big get together in March.  HOPEFULLY I'll be there with mine at that time.  Keeping my fingers crossed.   :pineapple:

I have a few as patients in the Berdo area. Hope you get that RG soon. :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »

Dice Mike Dice!

The assumption is 10's ...

SBB

Chip, were you talking about me?

Hard10 ~ 5 X 5

I should add that I have seen quite a few Anniversary models on the floors while I've been traveling back & forth to Fl.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

Black Hills harley in rapid city SD had every model CVO on the floor the other day when I was there. They had been there a while too. Sales are dead for the most part. Wierd part was an 09 Streetglide in dark blue had to be ordered and took over 2 months to get delivered. Around here, new and used sportsters and 09 baggers are the only thing selling. Used bike inventory is the lowest in a while. less trade-ins and more interest in buying used bikes.

I know a friend looking for an 09 CVO Ultra (I forget which color, I think the two reds) but they come in and sell before he can get to the dealer (for three states around.) I guess it just depends on what people are looking for.

screwup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC 3
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »

Central Midwest HD Olathe has 09 red/burgaundy of the floor.  usually they sell at msrp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 20 queries.