Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Another Cam Choice Question For The Hell Riding Gurus!  (Read 13725 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Another Cam Choice Question For The Hell Riding Gurus!
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2008, 08:29:40 AM »

djkak, cool pic's! I love to get out in the back country in the winter, but my trips at snow shoes, or X-Country skies. My friends son has a couple of long track sleds, should bribe him into taking me!! Nice pictures, great country.  :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »

djkak, cool pic's! I love to get out in the back country in the winter, but my trips at snow shoes, or X-Country skies. My friends son has a couple of long track sleds, should bribe him into taking me!! Nice pictures, great country.  :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

If I could talk myself into an invitation from a local to go boondocking through the Colorado back country, I would be all over that.

A few years back we hooked up with a group of locals from Grand Junction and rode the Grand Mesa. We met another group at a gas station a year or two later that took us up through Parachute, CO. to their playground. I remember one of the riders named Christian owned a nice restaurant in Rifle. This place featured a Martini menu with 30 or 40 different varieties. We have also ridden near Steamboat Lake and areas around Glenwood Springs. I recall that Steamboat Lake was a big cross country ski area. The skiers didn’t mind the snowmobilers as long as the skier’s territory was respected. 

Colorado_01
Taken near Glenwood Springs, heading up high on a logging road . I like this shot because of the surreal looking Mountains in the background.

djkak

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »

Colorado_02
Stuck on a knob looking through a hole at the top of a tree!

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2008, 05:49:58 PM »

Colorado_03
A 71 year old local from Grand Junction stuck on the Grand Mesa; this guy was amazing.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »

Colorado_04
Fine dining on the Grand Mesa.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2008, 05:51:34 PM »

Colorado_05
Batteryless GPS. When I met this guy in ’97, I asked him why he didn’t carry a GPS and he replied, “That would ruin the experience for me.”

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »

Colorado_06
Getting stuck on the Grand Mesa.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »

Colorado_07

Last but certainly not least, riding near Steamboat Lake, CO.

Oh, I almost forgot, turning the CAM counterclockwise will affect the adjustment. :)

djkak

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2008, 06:11:07 PM »

HeHe!!! Man, youze guys get stuck a lot! :nixweiss:

Or are youze just looking for an excuse to eat that gourmet food you bring with you! ;D ;D ;D

And don't worry on the cam mention! You're completely on topic! The Hell Riding part!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »

HeHe!!! Man, youze guys get stuck a lot! :nixweiss:

Or are youze just looking for an excuse to eat that gourmet food you bring with you! ;D ;D ;D

And don't worry on the cam mention! You're completely on topic! The Hell Riding part!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

There is just something funny about a person stuck up to their eyeballs. :grin2: You don’t go out with the intention of getting stuck, but if you don’t get stuck you are not being challenged; you are basically screwed before you even get started.

When I first saw the “Hot Dogger” exhaust pipe cooker, I thought, “Give me an effen break. We are going to stop and screw around with that piece of crap.” I can’t imagine a day in the back country without it anymore. A little hot food makes all the difference.

We stayed at a cabin on the Grand Mesa that was over 10,000 feet. One of our crew got a touch of altitude sickness and couldn’t eat his Rib Eye steak. We took the steak with us the next day and warmed it up with the exhaust pipe cooker. You can’t imagine how good that tasted; and the smell was fantastic.

Here’s another one of us picking our way through some tight trees.

djkak

DavidM831

• Doc

• CVO1: 2008 Screamin Eagle Road King Anniversary
    • Matthews Construction
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2008, 09:21:07 PM »

Woods TW408G..................
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"
"Attitude is Everything"
2008 SERK
Heavy Breather Intake
SE Adjustable Pushrods
Woods TW7H Cams
SERT
BUB 7 True Dual Exhaust
Dyno Tuned
101 HP
121 TQ
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.