Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Look What I did Today  (Read 5181 times)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
Re: Look What I did Today
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 09:43:47 AM »

Sorry about that Henry.  I know it doesn't help, but most of us have done something similar.
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:41 AM »

HML is the paint damaged or did you highlight the dent? I have repaired a few fenders but I don't do any paint work (paintless). If there is no paint damage I might be able to help you. huntsville is not that far from Acworth, especially when there might be a chance to save the factory finish. If the paint is damaged best to get it repaired at a bodyshop locally. let me know if i can help..Rick  :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

REGGAB

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »

Try a chunk of dry ice on top....can't make it worse and might pop it out....

I can see this working............in like July, or if it was 90 degrees in the garage.  Of course, I can simulate the conditions with a heat gun.  I'll add this to the list of courses of action and mull it over.  Certainly, this one is the least invasive.  Thanks Mike.

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »

Sorry about that Henry.  I know it doesn't help, but most of us have done something similar.

Yeah........this ain't my first rodeo either.  Did almost the same thing to the 02 Ultra, but wasn't smart enough to use any type of fender cover.  Dropped a screwdriver tip first.  Ended up having it repainted.  Good as new after the fact.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »

HML is the paint damaged or did you highlight the dent? I have repaired a few fenders but I don't do any paint work (paintless). If there is no paint damage I might be able to help you. huntsville is not that far from Acworth, especially when there might be a chance to save the factory finish. If the paint is damaged best to get it repaired at a bodyshop locally. let me know if i can help..Rick  :2vrolijk_21:

Hi Rick.  I know where Acworth is, and since the paint is not damaged, it may well be worth a trip.  Just need to figure out when we can do this.  Gonna be tough the next couple weeks and beyond.  Christmas.  Evo gets spayed one week from tomorrow.  New Years.  Somewhere in there I'd like to pick up my green bike...............and hang around Rod's shop while he builds a 113cid, just so I can learn a little something.  Renea leaves for Mississippi on 4 Jan for a month.  School starting back.  I have an interview this afternoon.

I'll let you know.  :)

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

looks like the fender has a crease in it. Sorry guys the dry ice trick wont work, in fact heat with the dry ice can damage the clear coat. Please dont try this at home!!!lol :D
a.k.a  Dent Dude

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »

I can see this working............in like July, or if it was 90 degrees in the garage.  Of course, I can simulate the conditions with a heat gun.  I'll add this to the list of courses of action and mull it over.  Certainly, this one is the least invasive.  Thanks Mike.

And add this post to the "stupid things done lately" thread...  ;)

Just trying to help....I done the same, sactly the same and one even stupiter to the tank but we won't revisit painful past experiances... ;D

Dry ice is still -110 F or so...I get it at the supermarket for keeping bait frozen and it got the ding out of my trucks tailgate..Don't put it directly on the paint, use some paper tween it..Or get the dent wizard guy, as long as the paint ain't damaged... :2vrolijk_21:

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »

Consider jacking the machine up, dropping the front wheel and try spooning the crease out. It may not turn out perfect, although maybe good enough.

Give an H-D Dealer a call and ask them about the cost of “Factory” refinishing; I believe that it is reasonably priced and at the very least you can use that number as a benchmark for other refinishers. H-D will fill dents, but they must be minimal so you will still want to work it out the best you can.

Consider looking for an eBay fender to have refinished. 

Good luck.  djkak

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »

Oh and it will give you a nasty burn if you touch it... :'(

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:20 AM »

Unfortunately, we've all been there Henry.  I know your disgusted just the same as we all would be.  Wish I could help in giving you an idea to fix.  

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:05 AM »

I think another fender would be the best way, switcho-changeo.

REGGAB

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:29 AM »

I think another fender would be the best way, switcho-changeo.

Yep........that would be easiest.  Found one on eBay, but it has a gray pinstripe.  Need one just plain Concorde Purple.  I'm still collecting courses of action.  Once I get everything coagulated, I'll put together some type of decision matrix and go with the one that is most mathematically practical.

Starting to become a "no biggy" tho'.  I'll git-r-dun.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »

No biggie because of the meds for your bad wheel?   :P

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »

Yep........that would be easiest.  Found one on eBay, but it has a gray pinstripe.  Need one just plain Concorde Purple.  I'm still collecting courses of action.  Once I get everything coagulated, I'll put together some type of decision matrix and go with the one that is most mathematically practical.

Starting to become a "no biggy" tho'.  I'll git-r-dun.

Holy crap!!! This chit IS Rocket Science after all!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »

Fancy talk for"it is still gonna cost me"... ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.