Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Look What I did Today  (Read 5193 times)

REGGAB

Re: Look What I did Today
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »

Well if you have to repaint your fender you might think about making some weld on brackets, gets rid of the rivets and you can drop the fender down on the tire and hey the fender level.

Nah.........looks good, but not for me.  I do appreciate the suggestion, but slamming the fender would make brake pad changes a bigger PITA than they are already.  Plus, as good as it looks slammed, I like it better the way it's made.   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

Defining the Ding
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 07:02:04 PM »

I've tried to capture some detail of the ding in the purple bike's front fender.  First time I've used settings other than Auto.  Not sure these are any more clear, but you can see the ding.  Dead center of each shot.

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

REGGAB

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »

Next time try and find a better way to learn your camera. Pics show the boo boo pretty good. Bummer man. Good luck.

REGGAB

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

Pay no mind to the ugly mo'fugger in the reflections.  He's a simple minded homeless freak we've taken in for the Holiday's.  Pretty good with a camera for a nimrod tho'.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »

Next time try and find a better way to learn your camera. Pics show the boo boo pretty good. Bummer man. Good luck.

:ROFLOL:  Now that's funny.

I'm pretty much over it by now.  Just need to decide what I'm gonna do.  That paint is gonna crack if an attempt is made to shove it out from the underside.  My luck will ensure that.

Sorta narrows it down.  Buy another fender, or get this one repaired and repainted............................but, like someone has already mentioned, no harm done in trying to pop it out.  If the paint breaks, it has to be repainted anyway.   :nixweiss:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »

I think that will come out, worth a try! Get some dry ice and the the fender up then stick the ice on the warm metal. It has a crease shape to it, but not a hard line.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »

Best of luck w/ the cheap fix!!! 

I hate these things.

REGGAB

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2008, 07:32:40 PM »

Best of luck w/ the cheap fix!!! 

I hate these things.

:ROFLOL:

That's funny........but No Way, Man!  Not on any of my stuff..........especially the Scooters. 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »

What about on your....nevermind  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »

What about on your....nevermind  ;D

:ROFLOL:   :zroflmao:  You're a sick man, Mike.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2008, 08:49:27 PM »

HML please don't use the dry ice with heat!! its not worth destroying the paint !! that dent in not bad at all. find someone local that does p.d.r. and spend the 100 to 200 bucks to get it fixed by a pro. thats the best advice you will receive I have been doing this for 15 years.  its really not that bad and it would be easer to fix it on the bike. just make sure its a technition that has a good rep. maybe check with your local mercedes or BMW dealer and find out who they use. thats where you will find the best in your area. shy of that I'm in Acworth and always available for a brother..   :'(    :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Sean M Cary

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

The bike WAS perfect prior to this incident.  6 years old and perfect.

I'm sick........just SICK!   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
man, I know that feeling - every ding on dad's SERK makes me feel the same way

I have dinged it up more in the months I owned it then dad did in years

Hope you get it fixed quickly!

Sean
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.