Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Hi from Italy  (Read 5922 times)

Geppo63

• My two Loves of my life!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2, Vance & Hines True Duals, SE EFI module, SE Air Cleaner
    • CVO2: 2003 VRCSA (Centenary)
    • CVO3: 2000 Fat Boy (last model sold in Italy with carburettor!)
Re: Hi from Italy
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

All,

On Admiral's suggestion, here's a brief (really...??!!) write-up about myself:

I'm from Italy. My hometown is Rosta, near Turin, N-W of Italy. I work for a British company and currently I'm located in India, running and expanding a small production unit.

I've always loved Harley Davidson: in fact, when I was a kid, I used to fix with a cloth pin an old postcard to the rear of my push-bike, in order to try to replicate the "thump-thump", as the spokes of the wheel would spin around. I've always rode bikes, starting with small 50cc mopeds all the way up to a BMW R90 D6. In between I had a Montesa Cota, a Fantic Motor 301 (a trial bike), a Yamaha 600 XT, a Honda Shadow C2 750.

In 2000 I finally bought (with my wife Silvia's full support!!) my first HD: a Fat Boy. This was the last model allowed to be sold in Italy with a Carburettor: I'm really glad about it!. In 2003 I bought a centenary V-Rod. I still have both these bikes and occasionally enjoy riding them, especially the Fat Boy!

In 2005 I bought an Ultra Classic (the last year in Italy, with the 1440 cc/88 ci engine) but after the rear tyre (with only 4000 km/2500 mi on it), burst on my way back from Ireland, I kind of felt betrayed by her and so, in 2007, I decided to give her in for a FLHTCUSE2.

I'm really pleased with my new beauty, although I've already had my share of problems: in August 2008 (with only 7000 km/4300 mi on it), I received a recall letter from HD claiming that they would replace the heads of my CVO. Pity that I was on a tour with my wife, to the south of Italy (I had already clocked about 1500km/930mi), when a massive white cloud of smoke came out of my left exhaust: the valve guides had slipped out of their seats and oil was pouring into the cylinder. To make a long story short, it took me 4 months to get my bike repaired in warranty and I had to call HD USA personally (on 26 November 2008, just before Thanksgiving!!), in order to get the missing heads shipped to Italy. Finally, when I came home for Christmas, I had my beauty restored to Factory conditions. I have to re-run it in, because my HD dealer replaced cylinders, pistons, rings as well.

Unfortunately it is freezing and snowing over here, but still, I manage to go out for brief trips. The only thing is that I have to rinse her up every-time, due to salt spray from the roads... But it's worth it!!

I am planning to ship my CVO to the US of A in Summer 2010, in occasion of the graduation of my son (he's studying at Gettysburg College) and ride with my wife in the US for 30-40 days.

That's all for the moment.

Ride Safe and Enjoy,

Daniele (Geppo63)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »

(...)
With regards to photographs, I've found a software that allows me to resize my pics (not Irfan, since I'm a Mac user and for Mac users it isn't freeware...!). I've got them down to 440 Kb but I'm still not able to upload them on my profile... I must be doing something wrong...??!! I'll keep trying...
(...)

Hi Daniele,

to add pictures into one of your posts, the picture must be stored on your computer. Then, click on "reply" and type your text message in the area provided. Below this area, there is a data entry field "Attach:" The file name and location must be either pasted into the field, or click on "Search" (It may say "Ricerca" or similar), select the file as usual, The click on "Save". The image should appear in the post. If you are not happy, click on "Modify" and make changes.

Ride safely, hope to see you in St. Tropez in May!,

Louis
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 04:38:28 PM by Louis »

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »

Daniele welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

Geppo63

• My two Loves of my life!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2, Vance & Hines True Duals, SE EFI module, SE Air Cleaner
    • CVO2: 2003 VRCSA (Centenary)
    • CVO3: 2000 Fat Boy (last model sold in Italy with carburettor!)
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »

Hi Daniele,

to add pictures into one of your posts, the picture must be stored on your computer. Then, click on "reply" and type your text message in the area provided. Below this area, there is a data entry field "Attach:" The file name and location must be either pasted into the field, or click on "Search" (It may say "Ricerca" or similar), select the file as usual, The click on "Save". The image should appear in the post. If you are not happy, click on "Modify" and make changes.

Ride safely, hope to see you in St. Tropez in May!,

Louis
Guys,

IO found the reason for not being able to upload pics on my profile: the max size for a pic is 2500x2500 pixel, not just the size in Kb...! The next step is to add them on the posts... Lois, I'll follow your suggestions... let's see.

Ciao for now... bed time.

Daniele

Brinks

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO2: 2008 SERK Annie
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »

:welcome_005: from Wauconda, IL

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 07:44:26 PM »

All,

On Admiral's suggestion, here's a brief (really...??!!) write-up about myself:

I'm from Italy. My hometown is Rosta, near Turin, N-W of Italy. I work for a British company and currently I'm located in India, running and expanding a small production unit.

I've always loved Harley Davidson: in fact, when I was a kid, I used to fix with a cloth pin an old postcard to the rear of my push-bike, in order to try to replicate the "thump-thump", as the spokes of the wheel would spin around. I've always rode bikes, starting with small 50cc mopeds all the way up to a BMW R90 D6. In between I had a Montesa Cota, a Fantic Motor 301 (a trial bike), a Yamaha 600 XT, a Honda Shadow C2 750.

In 2000 I finally bought (with my wife Silvia's full support!!) my first HD: a Fat Boy. This was the last model allowed to be sold in Italy with a Carburettor: I'm really glad about it!. In 2003 I bought a centenary V-Rod. I still have both these bikes and occasionally enjoy riding them, especially the Fat Boy!

In 2005 I bought an Ultra Classic (the last year in Italy, with the 1440 cc/88 ci engine) but after the rear tyre (with only 4000 km/2500 mi on it), burst on my way back from Ireland, I kind of felt betrayed by her and so, in 2007, I decided to give her in for a FLHTCUSE2.

I'm really pleased with my new beauty, although I've already had my share of problems: in August 2008 (with only 7000 km/4300 mi on it), I received a recall letter from HD claiming that they would replace the heads of my CVO. Pity that I was on a tour with my wife, to the south of Italy (I had already clocked about 1500km/930mi), when a massive white cloud of smoke came out of my left exhaust: the valve guides had slipped out of their seats and oil was pouring into the cylinder. To make a long story short, it took me 4 months to get my bike repaired in warranty and I had to call HD USA personally (on 26 November 2008, just before Thanksgiving!!), in order to get the missing heads shipped to Italy. Finally, when I came home for Christmas, I had my beauty restored to Factory conditions. I have to re-run it in, because my HD dealer replaced cylinders, pistons, rings as well.

Unfortunately it is freezing and snowing over here, but still, I manage to go out for brief trips. The only thing is that I have to rinse her up every-time, due to salt spray from the roads... But it's worth it!!

I am planning to ship my CVO to the US of A in Summer 2010, in occasion of the graduation of my son (he's studying at Gettysburg College) and ride with my wife in the US for 30-40 days.

Ride Safe and Enjoy,

Daniele (Geppo63)
Daniele
Sounds like a CVO GTG in the Smokies to me..... what do you think. :nixweiss:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »

Ride Safe and Enjoy,

Daniele (Geppo63)

Welcome aboard Geppo! Check this link out. It's a thread by member Nige who just did that. Shipped the bike from the UK and did an extended tour here. You should really dig this thread! And enjoy this Great Site! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=25566.msg413800#msg413800

Hoist! 8)

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »

Welcome aboard from Memphis TN! :bananarock: :drink: I'm not from Italy...but my grandparents were. Would like to go there for a visit someday. Again, warm welcome and God Bless!

:bananarock:

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »

Welcome to CVO Harley from Southern Indiana!   :2vrolijk_21:
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

Spider Pig

• CVO1: 2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

Welcome from Orlando. If I ever come to Italy, I'd love to ride with you. Maybe someday!!!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »

Buon giorno e benvenuto al sito dalla California del nord.  :2vrolijk_21:

Great seeing another Euro member come on board. I spent 3 wonderful years in Italia, small NATO site and closest town to speak of was Padua. Loved it!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Salut! :drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BOUBOU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »

Welcome from Brussels capital of Belgium.
I was close by your area 2 or 3 years ago for the Italian Hog Rally held in Val d'Aosta.
Ride safe.

ironhorse432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »

Wellcome from northeast Ohio :worthless:

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

Welcome from - Moss - Norway!  :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

AZSSE

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »

Welcome from Arizona!! I spent 8 months living in Martina Franca, and working on an oil platform hull in Taranto back in the early 90's. You live in a beautiful country!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 20 queries.