Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Where'd All The Posts Go?  (Read 6354 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Where'd All The Posts Go?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »

My 2 cents, as a member, not a moderator...

Who cares about the number of posts they've made, or the number that someone else has made?  Personally, I'd much rather see QUALITY, TECHNICAL posts versus the drivel that people post just to see their post count go up.   :soapbox:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 01:46:22 PM »

So is that why you just removed the silly "do not post in this thread" thread?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

It's a conspiracy!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »

Being a motorcycle technical forum, topics like "do not post..." do nothing to add to the site.  Here's a quote from the rules of posting...

Content posted on this site is intended to be motorcycle related, non motorcycle content may be removed at administrators/moderators discretion
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »

Being a motorcycle technical forum, topics like "do not post..." do nothing to add to the site.  Here's a quote from the rules of posting...

Content posted on this site is intended to be motorcycle related, non motorcycle content may be removed at administrators/moderators discretion

Even in the "Off Topic" board where the sub-title is "Non-Motorcycle related Topics?" :nixweiss: :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »

To a large degree, I concur with keeping a lid on senseless posting and placing the emphasis on issues regarding riding, repairing, purchasing H-D motorcycles as well as information regarding get togethers, events etc. BUT, there's always a place for a bit of silliness lest we begin to take ourselves so seriously, the content of the site becomes as dry as dust and as interesting as watching paint dry. There's a time and place for everything and as a member of the site, I would hope the moderators and of course Obi-Won would see the value in comic relief from time to time. As to the subject of jacking up one's post count, I really don't believe this is as much of a reality as people think it is. Take note the next time you get together with a group of friends. Some folks like to talk a lot and listen a little. Some like to listen a lot and talk very little. Some are in the middle and some are on the extreme end of both sides. That's just human nature. The posting on this site reflects the personality of the poster. I would caution being too overbearing on this issue as (and this is just my opinion) we tend to get a fairly accurate picture of the personality of the member by their posts. This allows us to pursue a friendship or not as we see fit. Sometimes it takes awhile for a person's true nature to reveal itself. Take me for instance. EVERYONE thought I was an asshole when I joined the site - - - - - now only 1/2 of you do  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

B B
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:42:33 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Even in the "Off Topic" board where the sub-title is "Non-Motorcycle related Topics?" :nixweiss: :confused5: :huepfenlol2:

I've never seen an entire thread removed, especially one that's that's been around so long. Locked I've seen. Removed, not that I recall. Weird! That's why this board was started from what I remember. CRS? ??? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »

even in off-topic some threads serve no purpose
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »

Remarking on "useless' posts" as a "member"  :soapbox: (your emphasis, not mine)

My 2 cents, as a member, not a moderator...
Who cares about the number of posts they've made, or the number that someone else has made?  Personally, I'd much rather see QUALITY, TECHNICAL posts versus the drivel that people post just to see their post count go up.   :soapbox:

and then within minutes, as a moderator, removing a thread that has been inactive for some time makes a point, a big one  :soapbox:

Having some fun here is just one of the things that make this site so great.

Think of what the site would be if only TECHNICAL, and only QUALITY at that, posts were allowed (again, your emphasis, not mine).
Suppose only CVO members were allowed on the site, and if you sold your CVO you had to drop membership?

There have been threads removed before and for valid reasons (especially the legal infringements threads) but this was not one of the valid times.

Not need to point out my misgivings Obi Wan - I know where I stand here and I fully expect you to support your mods as any good supervisor would.  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:54:35 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »

Someone needs to go back and re-read the survey results.  There was only a small interest in making this a more technical versus social site and responses indicated there was already a good balance between the two.  So, not sure why the interest in whacking one stupid thread . . . and leaving "Cat vomit . . .," for instance. :confused5:

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

I am soooo glad I didn't reply to this thread.  ;D

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 03:48:19 PM »

:lipsrsealed2:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

Remarking on "useless' posts" as a "member"  :soapbox: (your emphasis, not mine)

and then within minutes, as a moderator, removing a thread that has been inactive for some time makes a point, a big one  :soapbox:

Having some fun here is just one of the things that make this site so great.

Think of what the site would be if only TECHNICAL, and only QUALITY at that, posts were allowed (again, your emphasis, not mine).
Suppose only CVO members were allowed on the site, and if you sold your CVO you had to drop membership?

There have been threads removed before and for valid reasons (especially the legal infringements threads) but this was not one of the valid times.

Not need to point out my misgivings Obi Wan - I know where I stand here and I fully expect you to support your mods as any good supervisor would.  :2vrolijk_21:

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning.  The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.  In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »

If it had been inactive for some time I would have left them alone.  Both topics had people still posting to them this morning.  The moderators are receiving more and more complaints about "useless" posts and being asked to do something about them.  In most cases, but not all, the "Off Topic" threads are where the conflicts arise as well...
Sorry Mods for the extra effort you get because people complain to you off the site. 

On the site we complain to you as well, which is even more complaining to you, about the fact that you are acting because someone has complained to you off the site. 

No one likes complaining.

Seems to me though, that if someone is posting in an obviously not an informative thread, one could be left alone to be as silly as they want to be as long as they are not offending anyone.

So, those of you complaining behind the scenes, Just Stay Out of the Off Topic thread

Easy, right?

I'd have thought so. 

I hate all my spam email in my inbox too, but complaining does not help me to just not read them and just delete them.  I'd like to ask everyone to just get along and not complain to the moderators so they don't have to be the bad guys that they are not. 

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »

:nixweiss: 

There are television channels that have shows that I don't care to watch.  I'm either not interested or maybe they could offend me.  I don't complain to my satellite television company, I just don't tune in to those channels ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.