Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Just what Harley needs: Competition for the Softtails - Honda Fury  (Read 7091 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Just what Harley needs: Competition for the Softtails - Honda Fury
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

I'd never knock anyone for owning another brand. I'd never own a Softail either, even though it's a HD.
Hoist! 8)
Just curious, Hoist, why ya so down on the Softail models?  :-\ Ya keep referencing them as if they're not worthy.  :thumbsdown: Ya never mention other models that you would never own, ie: Springers, etc.  ??? Just wondering  :-\ har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedFXR2

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »

I think it looks sharp--for that style of bike, regardless of brand.

Without going into a long thing about the HD "soul" and "feel" and stuff, I'll just share this thought:  After many years and several motorcycles, my own, rented, or borrowed, I've come to the conclusion that the ride is about that--the ride, not the brand of bike you're on.  When I look back on my favorite motorcycle trips, I never think about the brand of bike I was on, it was what I saw or where I went, or what happened on the trip.  Unless, of course, I broke down--I remember that stuff about a particular bike.

My biggest problem with the Fury is that Honda named it after a Plymouth. ;D

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »

Most folks that want and can afford a Harley are not going to consider a Honda or Yamaha anyway ;)

That's were I was 7 years ago when I bought a Honda Shadow 750.  I wanted a Harley, but wanted to wait until I'd appreciate it. 

So I chose a foreign bike over buying a girls bike (Sportster).

Now I'll give my Shadow to the wife to learn on until she earns her Fat Bob (which I plan on stealing every chance I get).
2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »

:soapbox:

Yes I too started on a BSA 650 in the 60's.  Moved through the Yamaha and Honda stage.  Sport, dirt, cruiser and touring.

The difference is the overall experience with HD.  The bikes, the dealers, the clothes, the aftermarket etc.

But most of all is the experience of riding with a large number o HD riders at the same time.  In the south Texas Hill Country, on any given Saturday or Sunday, you will see a dozen or so HD groups of 5 to 15 bikes riding.  You might see one or two other brands o bikes together.  And mostly young sport bike guys riding balls to the wall at high rates of speed.  Yes, I once did this too.

Also, HD does or at least did a great job of marketing the image.

I'll never go back.

:jalapeno:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.