Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Pilots?  (Read 4142 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Pilots?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »

I had the pleasure of dragging catch pans and chocking for this old girl on her final before museum refurb, wish I coulda caught a ride.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »

That is some excellent Photoshop skills :2vrolijk_21: .

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »

That would be cool.  Biggest taildragger I ever flew was 190.  Really nice aircraft too.  Loved that plane.

Most fun I ever had in airplanes was in taildraggers also.  Aerobatics instructor did all the training in a Citabria and later got to log almost 25 hours in a Pitts.  Trying to think of what other taildraggers have got to fly.  Few hours in an Aeronca that was a real rattle trap.  Radio was unnecessary in that plane as you couldn't have heard it anyway.  It had a VOR but you could find your way back to the local strip by following the trail it left behind.

The old Loadstars and the Beech 18's are really easier to land than the Citabria.  At flight idle on approach there's not enough elevator to flair it onto the rear wheel and it's so nose heavy that it paints on a landing before you can screw it up.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 01:33:30 PM »

! more refurbs from back when...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »

The old Loadstars and the Beech 18's are really easier to land than the Citabria.  At flight idle on approach there's not enough elevator to flair it onto the rear wheel and it's so nose heavy that it paints on a landing before you can screw it up.

Of course I'm not saying that I've ever done it.  But I've.... umm.... witnessed that a landing on a Citabria can be very nearly very screwed up very quickly.  Thank god for flat fields beside the grass strip, plenty of power and room and a belief that country time can be logged on the ground too  ::) .

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:23 AM »

In 2006, shortly after Thumper came to live with us, I started down the road to a VFR PP ticket, and made it to solo.  Then got this bright idea about going back to school.......since it was free and all.  Held on to my logbook, headset, C172 CL and all my study materials.  Class III expired last August.  With the "ticker" problems I've had lately, I'm not so sure I can get an "up" slip again.  Anyway, if I'm medically able, I'll pick it up again in a few months.  I love doing stalls............just for the pure rush of it!   :vrolijk_4:

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »

In 2006, shortly after Thumper came to live with us, I started down the road to a VFR PP ticket, and made it to solo.  Then got this bright idea about going back to school.......since it was free and all.  Held on to my logbook, headset, C172 CL and all my study materials.  Class III expired last August.  With the "ticker" problems I've had lately, I'm not so sure I can get an "up" slip again.  Anyway, if I'm medically able, I'll pick it up again in a few months.  I love doing stalls............just for the pure rush of it!   :vrolijk_4:

Please say ..... INTENTIONAL ....  ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »

Please say ..... INTENTIONAL ....  ;D

:oops:  My bad.  "Intentional...............at altitude."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.