Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: cee bailey windshield for 09 SERG  (Read 35746 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: cee bailey windshield for 09 SERG
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »

Oh no, Not QC issues. good grief, hope they work it out for you. let us know
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2009, 08:02:30 AM »

Got mine last Thursday, mounted it on the bike, twice. When sitting on the bike, the left side is slightly higher than the right. Anybody else have this issue? Almost like it was put in the mold a little off. Gonna call them Monday to advise.

That shield should have never been sent out, Call and talk to Joe he will fix you up ASAP.  The test shields I recieved had the same problem, the new ones do not. You may have recieved the wrong shield.  Doc

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2009, 09:48:59 AM »

Got mine last Thursday, mounted it on the bike, twice. When sitting on the bike, the left side is slightly higher than the right. Anybody else have this issue? Almost like it was put in the mold a little off. Gonna call them Monday to advise.
Oh Boy, Mines in Route im already worried they shipped the wrong size now this, When I placed my Order there were a bunch ahead of me and they were trying to run at least 12 a day, Poor Joe is trying to get this project off the ground with apparently little assistance, Im sure any problems will be addressed.

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

Oh Boy, Mines in Route im already worried they shipped the wrong size now this, When I placed my Order there were a bunch ahead of me and they were trying to run at least 12 a day, Poor Joe is trying to get this project off the ground with apparently little assistance, Im sure any problems will be addressed.

Why would you be worried they are shipping the wrong size ?   Thank`s

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »

JP, I was sent an E-Mail invoice when the Shield was shipped, the invoice showed that a 13in was shipped instead of the 14 in I ordered. Hopefully its a typo.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:42:33 AM by dartman »

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »

Call Cee Bailys and find out.  Doc

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »

Doc, Not so simple,I called last Friday,  im waiting for a call back from Joe, if he is unavailable there is very little support when it comes to these limited edition shields, I talked to Sales, Shipping etc. He was on an extended weekend I will probably have it in hand before he is able to get back to me.

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »

JP, I was sent an E-Mail invoice when the Shield was shipped, the invoice showed that a 13in was shipped instead of the 14 in I ordered. Hopefully its a typo.

Hope it works out for you !

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »

What ever happens he will make it right.  He is good with customers.  Doc

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »

well I was happy to see a big box on my front porch today,
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2009, 09:41:51 PM »

Mine arrived Saturday the 21st at 4:55 pm.  I got it put on, but not chance to ride.  Looks good, and went on pretty easy.

Hopefully I will get to ride this coming Saturday to see how it works.

I do know the factory pice of plastic is worthless, especially when its 30 degrees out.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »

I do know the factory pice of plastic is worthless, especially when its 30 degrees out.

I can identify. I rode for a couple of days with the factory shield. UGH! Switchd to my 8" KW, but it's not much better. I'm ready for my CB 14" dark tint to get here. Joe said sometime this week it would ship.

Come on, CB!

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

Oh please dont tell me this, son of a b. I took the trim of last night, I dont see any gap in the KW that i hear about. But to not be able to use the HD trim is BS. Plus I still don't have my CB shield yet was told it was shipping the beginning of last week.
I thought the chrome trim option fits over the top of the windshield over the mounting holes.  No?  I just got my SERG, still at dealer waiting for options, and this was ordered too.  I haven't ordered the CB yet, but when I called, one of their reps said he thought some people were making it fit.  ??
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:58:40 PM by Resbiker »
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »

I thought the chrome trim option fit over the top of the fairing.  No?  I just got my SERG, still at dealer waiting for options, and this was ordered too.  But I haven't ordered the CB yet.

Let me preface this by saying that I have not tried to install the windshield trim on a 2009 SERG. I think I understand why it won't fit, though.

The rubber windshield seal for the stock SERG windshield sits between the windshield and the fairing, i.e., the windshield mounting screws go through the windshield and the rubber sealb. The stock windshield has the mounting holes indented (frenched in?) and the material thickens around the screw holes (to help prevent cracking?). The rubber seal has hole larger enough to allow the raised around around the screw hole on the back of the winshield to sit down into the seal.

Stock Road Glide windshields -- and any windshield that assumes the stock seal such as the KW -- has the screw holes flush with the windshield surface. When you try to mount this type of windshield using the 09 SERG seal, the screws aren't long enough. So, you have to mount the windshield without the stock seal giving up the good seal that it create as well as having minimal protection for the painted fairing surface beneath the windwhield.

The CB windshield for the FLTRSE3 has been designed to mount using the stock rubber mounts. I don't know if the screw holes in the windshield are flush or indented. If they are flush, then CB must be providing longer screws to mount with the stock hardware.

I think that others have mentioned here that hte CB windwhield comes with a set of new mounting hardware, but uses the stock seal. I am still waiting on my CB, so I don't know what is included in that hardware. Perhaps someone who has their CB shield can chime in here.

So, this is why windshields that assume the stock (non-CVO) Road Glide mounting hardware and seal don't fit so well on the SERG3. Some have also said that there is a slight difference in the shape of the fairing where the windshield mounts, but I have not yet been able to verify that.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »

The CB windshield for the FLTRSE3 has been designed to mount using the stock rubber mounts. I don't know if the screw holes in the windshield are flush or indented. If they are flush, then CB must be providing longer screws to mount with the stock hardware.

I think that others have mentioned here that hte CB windwhield comes with a set of new mounting hardware, but uses the stock seal. I am still waiting on my CB, so I don't know what is included in that hardware. Perhaps someone who has their CB shield can chime in here.

So, this is why windshields that assume the stock (non-CVO) Road Glide mounting hardware and seal don't fit so well on the SERG3. Some have also said that there is a slight difference in the shape of the fairing where the windshield mounts, but I have not yet been able to verify that.

CB does provide new longer screws.

CB uses the stock SERG rubber gasket and well nuts.  The provide two washer that go behind heach well nut so it will not fall into the fairing.  Then they provide another nilon washer that goes between the shield and well nut.  For the new mounting screws you use the washers that came with the factory mounting screws.

It takes 30 minutes to do the complete install, if you take your time, keep going back to the instructions to make sure your doing it right and being carefull not to scratch anything.  You also need a sip of the beer every now and then while doing it.

It really was a easy install.  It also fits like stock.  I can not say how it works as I have not had a chance to ride it with it yet.  I left for Houston right after putting it on the bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.