Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Oil Bud Cooling System  (Read 18131 times)

TwinCamGuy

• CVMA FL 20-3
    • FL

• CVO1: 10' FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 15' FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire
Re: Oil Bud Cooling System
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »

I installed one of these on my SESG. Due to snowy conditions I have yet to road test it, but I'll fix that at bikeweek. The braided line was a bit of a pain. It seem a bit to long, however, after messen' with it a bit I got it to fit/work. So far no leaks, but again, I haven't been able to road test it. I'll have to take pics of it installed over the weekend.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
00 XL1200C 15K+mi
02 FXSTBI 57K+mi
10 FLHXSE 37K+mi
15 FLTRUSE 63 miles...

260SCRMR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CUSE3 Crystal Copper/Black Onyx 105th Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »

I see this topic hasn't been updated for quite awhile. Everything I've read and seen about the Oil Bud it looks like a quality part. Is there anyone out there that has had any negative results? :-\
True Dual Dresser Headpipes
2" Fullsac Power Cores
Stage 1 Chrome A/C
S.E. Super Tuner
Dyno Tune-Brandts HD

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »

I rode my 09SEUC thu Nevada last August with passenger and luggage. (not the smartest thing to do, but that is the only time I could get off work).  I wanted to take a cooler route home, but because of time we went basically south from Calgary area on the way home.Passing thru St. George Utah it was close to 115 Degrees and for several miles and  they were putting down new Blacktop. Believe me this was a total scorcher. My bike is stock other the Fulsac stage 1 kit, no cat, open air cleaner and 1.75 baffles, and  stage 1 download. Had to stop at Walmart to get new tennis shoes for my wife because the glue in the right tennis shoe let loose. The bike ran great with no issues. Got into Vegas just before dark and it was still 107 degrees out. I have the stock SEUC oil cooler, running  redline 20-60. IMHO" leave well enough alone."CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »

There's a lot to like there.  But some questions as well.  Looked at his unit for the touring model and got this picture from his touring model installation PDF.

But...  I'm not sure I'm sanguine with the radiator being directly above the road surface.  It's easy to have visions of a puncture. 

I had something similar on my old 65 HiOutput,185 Hp, VDub.
As you suggested, it did not end well. Luckily I was able to remove it and continue on my trip home.

DR
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.