Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Orange County Choppers CVO  (Read 13343 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Orange County Choppers CVO
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 07:24:35 AM »

Attitude fits perfect with the pure, hobby shop junk they turn out of OCC.

RedFXR2

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 07:58:24 AM »

Let me get this straight

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »

[highlight]Attitude fits perfect with the pure, hobby shop junk they turn out of OCC. [/highlight]

You said it straight man and f it weren't for Mikey, this show would be about as fun to watch as a me an my old lady havin  " a discussion'

RedFXR2

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 10:34:53 AM »

Ii have to agree with the "hobby shop" comment.  Their bikes have become more caricatures than theme-based.

Do many people still watch this show?  I never missed it for the first couple of years, then tapered off when it became nothing but re-runs.  Now, I haven't watched it in at least a year.  Just not interested.  If I want to see good yelling and threatening comedy, I'll watch the Three Stooges.

Wait a minute.  Sr., Jr., and Mikey are sort of like Moe, Larry and Curly. ;D

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »

Ii have to agree with the "hobby shop" comment.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 10:52:59 AM »

How true! Recently I was surfing the channels and ran across the 3 of them doing an episode from Scotland. It was very much like the "Three Stooges Go To The Moon"

I think the end is near.  The last new show they did, Mikey turned the camera on the producers and did a documentary-documentary.  They have surely run out of good idears.
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 11:19:45 AM »

Wait a minute.

RedFXR2

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2005, 11:41:32 AM »

One big difference.....Moe, Larry and Curly have talent.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 06:28:13 PM »

Long Live Mikey. He's the only one of all of em that understands what a freakin joke it all is.  

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2005, 06:14:28 PM »

All good things must come to an end...but was it ever good? I think not. Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »

Was it ever good ???  depends on what you call good. The idiot box is mostly just that and we all waste time watching it for one reason or another. At least this idiocy was about something we love. In watching Sr, Jr and Mikey struggle with tools- -they use adjustable wrenches more than my old lady and beat on stuff with hammers when finesse and fitment was called for, I think we learned what not to do in most situations regarding wrenchin on motorcycles. And lastly, it was the 1st show of it's kind - - - - a so called reality show about bike building. Biker Build-off, Build or Bust all came after American Chopper. It also spawned American Hot Rod which showed us what an Ass-hole Boyd Coddington is to work for, work with or buy anything from which lead to OverHaulin which showed us what a nice and talented guy Chip Foose is. So to answer your question Big Daddy - - - - Yeah it was good. Being the first is always special  Oh yeah and it got Mikey laid which you gotta believe would never have happened otherwise  

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 02:40:02 PM »

...... Oh yeah and it got Mikey laid which you gotta believe would never have happened otherwise

LOL, now that there is some funny chit!!

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »

And lastly, it was the 1st show of it's kind - - - - a so called reality show about bike building. Biker Build-off, Build or Bust all came after American Chopper. It also spawned American Hot Rod which showed us what an Ass-hole Boyd Coddington is to work for, work with or buy anything from which lead to OverHaulin which showed us what a nice and talented guy Chip Foose is. So to answer your question Big Daddy - - - - Yeah it was good. Being the first is always special
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2005, 09:42:41 AM »

I agree that the Jesse James special came first, but I always thought that was about the cult of Jesse James more than it was about bike building. The central theme of American Choppers every week has been building a bike. And by the way for any of you anti-Jesse folks; if you've ever been to the 'industrial" side of Long Beach you know why he has attitude in spades.For those of you who haven't - - - - - - stick to the beach side.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2005, 03:31:03 PM »

Well Spidey, Saying whether or not OCC was ever good is more of a rhetorical question.Being that it was based like you said on a custom builder ,building bikes on TV. Like most everyone else i watched faithfully in the beginning. then after 2 new shows it goes into 15 reruns. So you get tired. Last time I was clicking around the channels I saw it was on and they were out sleding somewhere. Maybe thats the way the show is going I don't know or care. But I agree with your other points about Boyd,Biker build off and other gear head type shows. but as this phenonema wears down now we have poker every where,I know this has no relevance but I'm talking about TV trends.So I guess we should get our face in the wind than our ass in the La-Z-Boy.   Later Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.