Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Congradulation Florida Marine  (Read 3104 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: Congradulation Florid Marine
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »

Gosh!  Talk about memories flooding back.......WOW!
Congratulations, Sir!  Very well deserved and righteously earned.  I remember having a very high sequence number for promotion to CW3, since I got picked up below the zone.  I waited 315 days to pin it on.  Seems like time drags.  But I used it to plan.
Since my Dad was an O5, I decided to have him be my promotion authority.  He was in the very, very early stages of Parkinson's Disease, but still capable of doing just about anything.  Having Dad administer the Oath of Office to me was perhaps the greatest honor I've ever received.  I REALLY wish I could find those pictures.  They're around here somewhere.
Did manage to run across one from few years back.......taken the month I was selected for promotion to CW3.  Regimental Dining In.

God I miss it!
My cousin is a former Marine Recon type, who for some reason decided the Army was the way to go (actually the USMC wouldn't let him back as an Officer, I SWEAR) and he is now a LtCol - gonna be the one who promotes me.  He's like the brother I never had, and was thrilled when I asked him.  My dad was like a surrogate father to him, so I am keeping it in the family.

Thanks again for all the congrats from everyone - it was a huge relief to get selected.  Now I start the work for Colonel...checking out Air War College non-resident and working on that now.  I intend to make every effort to pin Eagles on and be a Harley riding Full Bird.

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
Re: Congradulation Florida Marine
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 09:05:15 PM »

Again.  You are the man.

I salute you and all that you have done.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »

Big Congrats Sean!  I know you have worked hard to get to this point  :2vrolijk_21:

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »

Well Sean congratulations on your new promotion, BUT I do have a question does this mean that you get to go play with the really BIG GUNS now!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations.

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »

Yeah, yeah, you made the rank.  When's the party ::) ?

Congratulations Sean.  It never comes easy, or fast.  Proud to see another good man serve well and serve long.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »

Well Sean congratulations on your new promotion, BUT I do have a question does this mean that you get to go play with the really BIG GUNS now!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations.

~bubba~

Been toying with a Bushmaster .450 upper for my stripped lower I have lying around that is BURNING to be full up AR...that is a BIG gun.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

Yeah, yeah, you made the rank.  When's the party ::) ?

Congratulations Sean.  It never comes easy, or fast.  Proud to see another good man serve well and serve long.

tradition holds I put the amount of my raise on the bar to Wet Down my rank and I am a stickler for USMC (and Navy) tradition - so this will be a pretty decent party (04 to 05 is a decent monthly raise)...

Anyone in the VA area is welcome to come when I throw down - mark you calendar for December and hope they hold to 30 a month like this year. 

Last promotion couldn't drink, freaking islamic law or something like that got in the way.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »

tradition holds I put the amount of my raise on the bar to Wet Down my rank and I am a stickler for USMC (and Navy) tradition - so this will be a pretty decent party (04 to 05 is a decent monthly raise)...

Anyone in the VA area is welcome to come when I throw down - mark you calendar for December and hope they hold to 30 a month like this year. 

Last promotion couldn't drink, freaking islamic law or something like that got in the way.

That was something I remember wondering awhile back.  Have survived a few Navy wetting downs but never USMC and just didn't know if Marines did the same or intentionally chose to handle it different than their sealegged brethren.

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »

My cousin is a former Marine Recon type, who for some reason decided the Army was the way to go (actually the USMC wouldn't let him back as an Officer, I SWEAR) and he is now a LtCol - gonna be the one who promotes me.  He's like the brother I never had, and was thrilled when I asked him.  My dad was like a surrogate father to him, so I am keeping it in the family.

Thanks again for all the congrats from everyone - it was a huge relief to get selected.  Now I start the work for Colonel...checking out Air War College non-resident and working on that now.  I intend to make every effort to pin Eagles on and be a Harley riding Full Bird.

Fantastic!  No doubt in my Military mind, or any of my many, many, many other minds, that you will be successful, Sir.  Again, Congratulations, and if I find myself in your AO when your number comes up, I'll happily celebrate with you.   :2vrolijk_21:

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »

Congratulations  :beerchug:

It can not be said enough -Thank you! and to all the men and women that serve.

I remember when my brother in law was promoted to Lt. Col.  

Again, Congratulations Sir,

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »

Congratulations Sean! Thank you for your service to this great country.
AJ

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »

Congratulations sir! I am sure your promotion is hard earned and well deserved. It is a blessing to live in a free country protectred by the greatest forces on earth.

May God continue to bless and protect you and your family!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 12:06:28 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:04 AM »

Congratulations Sean!   :2vrolijk_21:

Indubitably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:29 AM »

I got a bit more of GOLD time...  I am #217, if this years list clears in April like it did last year, and they start my year group in May - 30 a month (this years average - I already have a spread sheet tracking it - sad I know) at least 7 months until I get the actual pin on.  Hoping for Nov best case Jan 2010 worst case.

Already looking for an '03 UC or RG as my promo present - so I can have a GOLD and SILVER ride.
Truth be told, it's not the color of the leaves (or the bike) but the measure of the man who wears (or rides) them.  We're better off for having a friend like you here and if we had more people with this kind of attitude I think our country would be the better for it.  I'm proud to tell my son one of my buddies online is a Colonel... regardless of when they offically pin it on.

Hope the time goes fast for you and get the FD now before Howie starts posting again... Otherwise we'll never hear the end of it!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.