Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Black and Slate  (Read 16629 times)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Black and Slate
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2005, 10:06:48 AM »

Bret, HD-Dude bought the Freedom Package and bolted it all on.

Mistered

• Hardcore Ultra Rider
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2005, 01:43:28 AM »

JeffJ, Sounds like you did your homework on the pipes.  Thanks for the great info, I think you have talked me into the Freedom Pipes.  How is the sound?  Comparable to the V&H or SE Slip ons?  Also, how long did you wait, if at all, before you moded your bike?  I was debating on waiting until after the 1000 mile mark, which will only take me about 1 month.  Your thoughts?  Thanks
2004 Ultra
2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson/Gray
Freedom exhaust, PCIIIr

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2005, 12:30:06 PM »

JeffJ, Sounds like you did your homework on the pipes.

Mistered

• Hardcore Ultra Rider
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2005, 06:40:16 PM »

JeffJ, Well here is another screw job...  I was suppose to pick the bike up Last Saturday and I got a call from the dealership that morning letting me know that they can't deliver the bike because the MOCO failed to get the paperwork out to them.  The bike comes from York, but the paperwork comes from Wisconsin.  I was able to take a look at the bike, start it and play with the controls... but nothing is in my garage yet!  The people at the dealership were great( no hard feelings there), I just can't believe the MOCO could not get their stuff in one sock.  Well, now I am waiting for this Wednesday.  Oh by the way... it looks great, although it would look better on the highway with me on it!
2004 Ultra
2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson/Gray
Freedom exhaust, PCIIIr

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2005, 07:04:48 PM »

LOL, hang in there least you know its there

Big companies always seem to screw things up

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2005, 09:42:55 AM »

SO....I had a Nov. 18 ship date. I called my stealer on the 15 to see if I was still on schedule and was told it is now shipping...drum roll...Nov. 17...A DAY EARLY! [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]

Well now happy me called on the 18...ya know, just to make sure all was good and it shipped......NOPE, it didn't ship. Not only did it not ship a day early as I was told, but it did not ship on the original scheduled date either. There was no explination offered.

Just thought I would share....anyone know a good therapist?
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2005, 10:44:27 AM »

SO....I had a Nov. 18 ship date. I called my stealer on the 15 to see if I was still on schedule and was told it is now shipping...drum roll...Nov. 17...A DAY EARLY! [smiley=2vrolijk_20.gif]

Well now happy me called on the 18...ya know, just to make sure all was good and it shipped......NOPE, it didn't ship. Not only did it not ship a day early as I was told, but it did not ship on the original scheduled date either. There was no explination offered.

Just thought I would share....anyone know a good therapist?

SE_Ultra,

I know what your going through - I feel your pain
Hang in there and hopefully the scooter will ship in near future

jeffj

y2khd

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2005, 01:15:39 PM »

SE_ULTRA

I know exactly how you feel! I had a Nov 15 build date. All they can tell me now is up to 6 week delay.

I hope it's sooner than later.

John
FLHTKSE

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2005, 06:39:15 PM »

Just got the dreaded phone call today. My Dec 5th build date has changed to Feb sometime.  It's now in the second phase of builds.  I asked my dealer if they would honor the Dec specials on parts and labor,.... and...... it took a while but they called me back and said if I would pay for the accessories and labor now, they would honor the specials.  I guess that's a good deal, kinda. Before he called me back, I was thinking about canceling the whole enchilada. My mom used to say "good things come to those who wait"   so I should have lots of good coming to me.  LOL   Meanwhile, the dealer gets more of my money.  Sheesh   >:(
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2005, 08:07:10 AM »

Sounds like Harley is having difficulties somewhere. When I ordered in Sept. I was told sometime in Dec. Then in Oct. I was told sometime in Nov. As of last Friday 11/18 I'm now being told "ship date of 01/20/06. I don't mind at all it is winter here. But they just can't nail it down. So in the meantime I look HERE for owner feedback and PICS!!!
Thanks a bunch guys.  ;) ;D [smiley=drink.gif]
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2005, 08:49:58 AM »

Highwayman, the problems all center around the paint and the outside contractor doing it. My dealer said yesterday that the vendor had moved to a new location, but evidently it wasn't large enough for them to be able to meet the scheduled dates. Add to that a complicated paint scheme, and it spells diasater. I'm sure this won't be the last problems we hear about paint this year. I just hope the ones delivered already aren't having too many problems.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2005, 09:22:12 AM »

Highwayman, the problems all center around the paint and the outside contractor doing it. My dealer said yesterday that the vendor had moved to a new location, but evidently it wasn't large enough for them to be able to meet the scheduled dates. Add to that a complicated paint scheme, and it spells diasater. I'm sure this won't be the last problems we hear about paint this year. I just hope the ones delivered already aren't having too many problems.
The sad part is that the regular production paint jobs from H-D have been excellent for many years now, but the one you pay extra for sucks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:23:36 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2005, 11:56:46 AM »

Jerry, I agree 100%.  Because they are "special" bikes they try to take it to the limit, but I've always felt, and especially with the 06's, that they could have dumbed it down a little and been fine.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
Re: Black and Slate *Update*
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »

I had the stealer call the MoCo and guess what???? My ship date got pushed back 6 weeks. My salesman sounded so hurt and so sorry to have to be telling me and not have any explaination to offer. So, I promptly explained to him the issues with paint, etc. (being all-knowing as I am, due to me spending WAYYYYY too much time here) and told him not to worry....imagine, ME offering support to him.....what was I thinking? I need a drink!
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2005, 04:07:47 PM »

Maybe there will be a silver lining behind this cloud after all. First of all I hope all of us receive our bikes without any paint or other issues. other than a little late. But this kind of delay may alter the planned totals of production. 6 weeks is BIG CHUNK o'time to catch up with. The 06 model year could end up a limited, "limited" production.  ;)
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.