Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anyone tried a Mustang seat on their 09 SERG??  (Read 9168 times)

NW_FLSTRSE3_2009

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O&B
Re: Anyone tried a Mustang seat on their 09 SERG??
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 08:34:12 PM »

SERG3, I see you have achrome piece with that windshield.  Is that the HD Road Glide piece?  I have been reading here that there  is a fitment problem.  Not for you?  Thanks again.
Servin our Country since 1980.
USMC 1980-1992
Since then workin on the border...

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

Jet Jocky,

Did the Mustang seat change your riding position?  I'm looking for a seat that will move me back a bit, and also allows more reward lean.  Stock seat on the FHTRSE3 will not work for me. I have a Mustang solo on my '05 Rood King that I like a lot.  The Corbin set up looks nice too.  Not sure which way to go.

DR

I really can not say as I did not ride the stock seat that long. I ordered the Mustang, then had some surgery which kept me off the bike for about 3 mons.  all I can tell you is I'm 6'  30 inch inseam, and I like the solo Mustang, I don't know if Mustang has a return policy, but I assume so, you might ask them about trying it,   good luck
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 11:11:05 AM »

I got in about 200 miles this weekend including a 100-mile dinner ride yesterday afternoon. Afterwards, my a$$ was sore!!!

I had the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo w/Rider Backrest and Wide Passenger Pillion on both of my previous FLTR's. I'd have kept it and put it on the SERG, but the 07 seat wouldn't fit the 09, as you all know.

I'm gonna be ordering the Mustang seat, muy pronto!

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »

I got in about 200 miles this weekend including a 100-mile dinner ride yesterday afternoon. Afterwards, my a$$ was sore!!!

I had the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo w/Rider Backrest and Wide Passenger Pillion on both of my previous FLTR's. I'd have kept it and put it on the SERG, but the 07 seat wouldn't fit the 09, as you all know.

I'm gonna be ordering the Mustang seat, muy pronto!

I'm ordering mine too as soon as I get some prices.  Bought one once from Sargent Cycle at a very good price but haven't called them yet.
Steve

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »

I'm ordering mine too as soon as I get some prices.  Bought one once from Sargent Cycle at a very good price but haven't called them yet.

I'll probably buy mine from G M Cycles. I've bought three Mustang seats from them. Their prices are the lowest I've found. Their website is http://www.gm-cycles.com/ and they have an E-bay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Gm-Cycles.

Even if they don't have the specific Mustang seat you want available on E-Bay, you can email them with part numbers or send a message on E-Bay and they will quote you discounted pricing similar to their Buy It Now! prices. These guys are great and they will accept PayPal payment.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »

I'll probably buy mine from G M Cycles. I've bought three Mustang seats from them. Their prices are the lowest I've found. Their website is http://www.gm-cycles.com/ and they have an E-bay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Gm-Cycles.

Even if they don't have the specific Mustang seat you want available on E-Bay, you can email them with part numbers or send a message on E-Bay and they will quote you discounted pricing similar to their Buy It Now! prices. These guys are great and they will accept PayPal payment.

Thanks Rick, I'll check them out as I was just getting ready to check some prices and get one ordered. 

BTW,  I pulled my bike out and sat on it outside and did some more measuring for the windshield height and decided to follow your advice and I called Cee Bailey and changed my order to the 15" shield.  Sitting inside my garage it appeared that the 15" would be too high,( I had even made up a piece of cardboard and taped it to the windscreen to see what it would be like  ;D) but outside on the driveway I could see that the 15" should be ok.  Plus like you said I can always get it cut down.
Steve

RickC

• 1K CVO Member

• Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »

Thanks Rick, I'll check them out as I was just getting ready to check some prices and get one ordered. 

BTW,  I pulled my bike out and sat on it outside and did some more measuring for the windshield height and decided to follow your advice and I called Cee Bailey and changed my order to the 15" shield.  Sitting inside my garage it appeared that the 15" would be too high,( I had even made up a piece of cardboard and taped it to the windscreen to see what it would be like  ;D) but outside on the driveway I could see that the 15" should be ok.  Plus like you said I can always get it cut down.

Glad to be of service, Skippy!

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »

Does anyone with a Mustang seat have any advise on whether it moves you up or down or forward or back?  I ended up trying a Saddlemen's seat that I like but it moved me up some and a little forward.  I like the seat but would prefer to not be moved forward or up any.  Anyone with a Mustang-did it move you any direction from stock?
TIA
Steve

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »

The mustang would push you a little forward , that`s all .
 No mustang pushes you up or back ( they wrote to me )
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »

I just placed an order for the Mustang Solo and Rear Pillion. I always enjoyed the seat confort of a Mustang.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »

Does anyone with a Mustang seat have any advise on whether it moves you up or down or forward or back?  I ended up trying a Saddlemen's seat that I like but it moved me up some and a little forward.  I like the seat but would prefer to not be moved forward or up any.  Anyone with a Mustang-did it move you any direction from stock?
TIA

Take my word for it:
The Mustang Dual Seat delivered to me for the 09 SERG, moved me forward and higher (about 1" each) than the stock seat. But, I really liked this Mustang saddle and had the foam cut back and down to fit my needs. I am very happy with the end results. As delivered (it is probably perfect for most), it just didn't fit me (5'10" / 31" inseam).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:01:28 PM by Iglide »
The impossible just takes a little longer

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »

TIA

pushes you up a bit. slightly higher could be due to width of forward portion of seat
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:03 AM »

I have the same one on my 09. Fits perfect.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 08:19:18 AM »

I emailed Mustang to ask about their seats and any change in riding position their seats would exhibit. This is the response from customer service FWIW ....

"All of Mustang's seats for the 2009 touring models will move the driver about one inch forward and will raise the driver's seating height from one inch on a solo to one and one half inches with our touring seats."

Howie

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:26 PM »

:singer:
The impossible just takes a little longer
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 24 queries.