Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Stock seat has got to go!!  (Read 14402 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Stock seat has got to go!!
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2007, 03:58:31 PM »

I prefer the stock seat for myself, however change it when I utilize the king tour pack.

This comfort stitch is the way to go. Mustang was too damn hard. I really like the back support too. Kinda big, dont really like the look. I like the look of the stock seat but oh man, that sucker is like no comfort!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »

This comfort stitch is the way to go. Mustang was too damn hard. I really like the back support too. Kinda big, dont really like the look. I like the look of the stock seat but oh man, that sucker is like no comfort!

That's what I use when I have the King Tour Pack on the bike....

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »

I tried the comfort stitch.  My wife loved it, I wasnt comfortable.  It put me too far forward, my legs are too dam long I guess, but dont recall this issue when I took an ultra out for a long test drive last year.  I bought it from Big Moose HD here in Maine and they are letting me switch it out to a plain sundowner (and I got 15% off to boot)-Im sorry Ive complained about them previously.  I think if I get the tour pack relocator, the precious cargo may be happy.  If not, will go back to the comfort stitch for two up. I actually have grown to like the stock seat, but thats a complete no go for she who makes me happy. Thanks.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2007, 11:48:02 PM »

I really like the stock seat as long as I'm riding one mile or less. Just ordered my second Corbin last week, they take a little while to break in but they are worth it. JMHO :2vrolijk_21:

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2007, 10:44:25 AM »

I really like the stock seat as long as I'm riding one mile or less. Just ordered my second Corbin last week, they take a little while to break in but they are worth it. JMHO :2vrolijk_21:

Amen brother. Stock seat is a killer. I wouldnt own anything but a Corbin.

GASHOG

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »

Yes the stock seat is less that desirable! I just bought a Mustang and took it on a ten day 3200 mile trip. I thought the seat was not much better than the stock one but my girl friend said she was much more comfy. I also tried my buddy's roadking sundowner before buying the Mustang and I didnt care much fot it either.  I'm 6ft, 200lbs. and just cant get my rear comfortable on this bike. ???

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »

Got my new Corbin waiting for the bike to come out of the shop so I can put it on. That stock seat killed me on the last long trip. Stock seat is going in a bag and in line with the other stock seats I have replaced with Corbin's 3 now.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »

I'm 6ft, 200lbs. and just cant get my rear comfortable on this bike. ???

Im 6'1", 215 #, 32" inseam.  I have the heated Corbin dual tour on mine (flame pattern).  It should do you nicely.  Several others and myself have it on the 05's and are very happy, just not with the $900 cost. 

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2007, 09:12:47 PM »

Gashog,
I went with the Sundowner for my 05 SEEG and love it.  You have to get the model that fits the Streetglide....std FLHT seats do not fit the SEEGS.   The design pattern of it is almost identical to the SEEG stock seat.  My butt never hurts on it.  Now I have to find a comfy seat for the SEUC.
 :cherry:

Deuce-Bag

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »

I hate the stock 06" CUSE seat and my wife loves it.  It has to be the worst seat I have ever sat on not to mention the seat bunches up under the backrest.  Replaced it with a Sunray and the tables turned.  Fine for me aweful for her.  I guess if I want heat the only choice now is Corbin.  I just have a hard time contributing to robbery.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2007, 08:05:06 AM »

Hey Mr Bag,
They do have heating pads as an add-on part that slides under the cover of any seat and then the cover is replaced and no one is the wiser.  I am also trying to figure out what to get but I have priced the Corbin seats and the price keeps staring me in the face...almost 1500...I get close to ordering then I think...1500 friggin dollars...and my common sense...or fear of my wife's beitching gets the better of me.

Seegarz :-\

Keep me posted on your decision

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »

I hate the stock 06" CUSE seat and my wife loves it.  It has to be the worst seat I have ever sat on not to mention the seat bunches up under the backrest.  Replaced it with a Sunray and the tables turned.  Fine for me aweful for her.  I guess if I want heat the only choice now is Corbin.  I just have a hard time contributing to robbery.
just replace my stock with Corbin put it on and rode to Nelson and back. No more a$$ burn and wife is happy again. This is my third Corbin. Good luck. :2vrolijk_21:

SERYDER

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2007, 05:22:38 AM »

Rode mine to LAUGHLIN from Sacramento in April of 04,( & back with tears in my eyes all the way) then to HOLLISTER in June of 04 for its new CORBIN. Been through the DRAGON, Grand Canyon, Sturgis X3 etc Since.

CORBIN IS SAVEING MY ASS , Literally
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »

Rode mine to LAUGHLIN from Sacramento in April of 04,( & back with tears in my eyes all the way) then to HOLLISTER in June of 04 for its new CORBIN. Been through the DRAGON, Grand Canyon, Sturgis X3 etc Since.

CORBIN IS SAVEING MY ASS , Literally

Corbins are too damn expensive, I just cant see that much dough on a seat.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2008, 02:52:27 PM »

Corbin heated two up is down to under $700.00. A lot better price than last year. I bought mine last October in Ocala. They also gave me a nice discount for all the chit I've bought from them over the years.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.