Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Nor Cal visiting So Cal this weekend......  (Read 14288 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Re: Nor Cal visiting So Cal this weekend......
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »

RLAP. Towards the end of class.
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »

Reassembling bikes after the course.  This is why I wanted to take it in LA.  Ironhorse has the only location that does a fly-and-ride program with rental bikes so you're not worrying about dropping the bike.  However, the Kawasaki 1000 reminded me of riding my 1200S.  I'm spoiled!  The SEEG and Vrod both have low centers of gravity.  There is one advantage though on these bikes.  You can lean!

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »

Some of the guys

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »

The SoCal crew arriving

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »

JCZ and GregK

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

Panhead Jimmy's SERG.  I LIKE THIS MOTORCYCLE!!!

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »

Hey VGirl!!!!!  Where's your picture that was taken with Mr. Universe????  

It was such a pleasure meeting you!!!!  We really enjoyed ourselves with you & of course always with the Nor Cal family.  We hope you can make it to the Solvang ride in May  :orange:

Donna

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2009, 10:52:35 AM »

SERG

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:37 AM »

What GREAT pictures! I wish I could have been off playing with you guys later on. But we still have the Buellton/Solvang thing coming up, and I am so looking forward to it. Ya'll (Vernees catching on with me) did really well in class. I was very pleased with everyone and their abilities. Everyone had good command and control of their bikes. Once folks relaxed and loosened up they found they could turn the bars tighter and quicker which made the drills and exercises a bit easier. And as the level of confidence goes up, the bikes get leaned over more, the speed picks up a little and they glide through the drills smoother and quicker. Not too many "old bad habits" among those "old bad bikers" to point out. And yes, I was very impressed with the way Vernee and Terri did their head turns. Vernee all the guys were commenting on how well you rode. Very motorcop like! Marie and Carol did GREAT too and really wished they could have hung out with you all more.

Interesting observations. The second class (the one with Marie and Carol) had one lone BMW rider. He could NOT believe that ya'll rode in from NorCal and flew in from Georgia and the bay area. I told them it was part training and part social. After watching you guys chew the fat for 45 mins I could see that he was impressed/envious with the level of camaraderie we had. My younger son Nicholas (the afternoon class "employee") pointed out that the Harley Riders all speak really LOUD, and the BMW rider spoke in a normal tone of voice. I told him it's because we're all partially deaf from the wind in our ears and the melodious sounding bikes!

Buellton/Solvang here I come!!!!!
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »

A quick intro to Mark was all he had time for. Can't wait to get to know him in 3 weeks! He knows how to ride and passes it along to others, what can be said about a person that want's others safe? Thank you Mark!

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »

I still have more pics to post but had to stop to see JC and Terrie off around 8am.  Then Moto Michael and I went to find breakfast.  Found this local dive that we weren't sure about until we walked in and it was filled with locals dressed from pj's to suits.  Then we knew we stumbled across a local favorite.  The food was unbelievable good.  Moto Michael just dropped me back off and he's on his way to visit his mom.  I'm waiting for the shuttle.  I'll keep posting pics until I leave then I'll post the farewell photos when I get home or maybe tomorrow while waiting on another plane in ATL for the NE invasion!

And this is a good time to say, "Wow!  I love this site."  What a great bunch of people and some of my best friends!  And I met them on a forum.  Sounds weird but true!  We were talking about how I met JC, AK, and Jonga a few years ago on their Coast-to-Coast trip.  I had not been riding long (January to whenever they made the trip).  I had just bought the Vrod two or three weeks earlier and had NO riding experience whatsoever.  I was a little shy (if you can believe that) and tried to back out of meeting them.  TCnBham and Diva called from the Atlanta dealership and said, "They are waiting on you."  I had not left my house and tried to back out again.  After a second call from JC, I knew I had to make the effort regardless of my apprehension.  I headed out on a route that Terry said would probably be quickest.  NOT!  Twisties across North Georgia along side some river that looked like you'd fall off was not the quickest route for an amateur rider.  At this point, no one had ever met me and the running joke was "what does she look like" because I wouldn't post pics.  The minute I pull into the parking lot, Jonga's sister, Heidi was clicking away.  Without me even addressing the issue, JC posted pics but only from the back or from the side with full helmet and gear on.  So the joke went on!  I made them late to the first item on their agenda, Wheels through Time, and meeting SBB.  Yet, those guys after flying the red-eye cross-country and being dogtired waited.  I had already been in contact with Heidi via email and they were so totally psyched about the whole trip.  I was intimidated and afraid to meet other CVO members.  I was afraid to ride with such experienced riders for fear of embarrassing myself.  Yet, they waited so I trekked on.  We took the tour and made our way to NC.  After the road captain had a "come to Jesus" team meeting on the side of the road at a rest stop because I was riding too slow, I wasn't sure if this whole meeting was a great idea.  But the Cali guys stuck it out with me.  We got lost in a torrential downpour with lightning that would scare a dead man.  Mrs. Amateur Rider on the Vrod - with no jacket, no raingear, no clothes - was standing under an overpass with this crazy guys from NorCal in a lightning storm.... 

One of the best experiences in my life!  I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.  We've stayed in touch via this site and I consider the NorCal crew some of my best friends.     Then when JC and Terrie came out for vacation later that year I took off to Chattanooga to meet them.  It was freezing and I remember take pics of JC and Terrie in a department store buying gloves because they were miserable.  We had dinner and they headed out to the next stop.  It was the first time I had met Terrie and instantly liked her.  I knew then she was a trooper and liked adventure.  I'm not sure I would have taken this class with all these guys if she had not been there.  It's a little intimidating when you see guys riding that have been riding for years zip through LA traffic like its nothing.  Plus, they ride together a lot and know each other's style.  Terrie sticks right with them even when it pushes her outside her comfort zone.  She's great and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet and become friends. 

Then yesterday, I met new CVO members.  It's like your instant family with these guys.  Lil Bit, Wrongway, Panhead Jimmy, Ironhorse, and GregK were perfect hosts.  I have had a blast and hate to get on the plane!

Ok, so much for pics.  G2G.  Will post them later.  Miss you guys already!   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 03:12:31 PM by TheVgirl »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

GregK's SERG

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »

Terrie and Vgirl

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »

The girls

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »

Huh?  RLAP leaves you mentally exhausted too!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.