Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG  (Read 15186 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Decision: '05 SEEG or '06 Ultra SEEG
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »

Congratulations Jeff! Red is right on I think. When you get it back, us 'locals' here abouts should get together and help you put some bugs on the plastic.
Whoo Hoo !!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I'm in, too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

And congratulations on the new bike.  Like most of us, I think you'll find that you never felt this way about another motorcycle before.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2005, 08:23:55 PM »

Jeff congrats on the bike.
 This site which I heard about from a seller of the same bike and color of yours got me hooked (I didn't buy his bike). Not only did I have the same trouble as you deciding on the 05 or 06 the color and looks of that red candy kept me leaning towords the 05. All the responses from this group was overwhelming and the willingness to go check out bikes for you is unreal.
This is my first posting and to all of those in this group thanks for being here.
The end of my story is I found an 05 RED in Chicago with 1349 miles (great price too) and will be closing the deal tomorrow.
If anyone knows of a good shipper Chicago to NC let me know.
                                           Tim

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2005, 08:38:21 PM »

Tim

Found these posted in another thread. Seem to be reasonably priced.

Try www.haulbike.com or call 1-888-HAUL BIKE     OR Eagle One Express http://www.eagleoneexpress.com/  (209) 847-4129  

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 08:38:45 PM by Laker23 »

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:52 PM »

Rakeman,

We recently used Keyboard Carriage out of TN to ship our bike from Charlotte, NC to Reno, NV and back again.  Bike came back in the same condition it left ... no scratches, dents or damage.  RT was about $1,000.  Their number is (270) 737-5797.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »

Rakeman,

We recently used Keyboard Carriage out of TN to ship our bike from Charlotte, NC to Reno, NV and back again.  Bike came back in the same condition it left ... no scratches, dents or damage.  RT was about $1,000.  Their number is (270) 737-5797.

SE06 - Ms. hd2003,

Was that bike at Freedom Cycles?
I was at Freedom having my 06 CUSE setup to go Vrooom, when they were loading up a really nice SEEG
The driver was very professional and careful with the bike and I was impressed
If that was the bike I saw I bet it came back Faster as in Pumped Up

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2005, 10:25:42 PM »

Well Tim, sounds like congratulations are due (or will be due shortly).  Contrary to the poll, I haven't exploded yet, although I've come close.  My wife keeps wondering why I've been so distracted since coming home from Scottsdale two weeks ago.  Can't wait to get back there over Thanksgiving to pick it up.  

Sounds like you've found a good one--low mileage, red, what more could you ask for?  And it also sounds like you've gotten some good suggestions on the shipping front.

One thing you might want to consider, particularly if you're not going to Chicago tomorrow to close the deal, is to have a list of all of the odds and ends which go with a new bike you will want to get from the seller.  Here's the list that I had, and maybe some others can chime in if I missed anything:

2 black keys
2 security remotes
1 gold key
2 saddle bag inserts
1 tour pak insert
garage door opener module
owners manual
leather cover for owners manual
CVO cover
CVO cover bag
fairing lowers (if they're not on the bike)
took kit
H-D Video (if you care)

Also, in addition to the obvious title documents you'll need, I asked my seller for a copy of any documentation he had, and got the original sales documents, literature and service records, just to keep it all together.  Finally, if the seller has put any other parts on it (exhaust, intake, new seat, whatever), be sure to get all the stock stuff too.  My seller had this stuff scattered all around his house, and if I hadn't ticked off a list of the stuff I expected to take with me, I would've been chasing it later.

Also, if the seller programmed the security system with codes (mine didn't) get those from him so you can reprogram it easily.  

Anything I missed guys?  And you're right, Tim, this is an incredible site--the support in helping me through this process has been amazing, and continues daily.

Good luck tomorrow!

Jeff

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 10:27:07 PM by jdracing8rbb »
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »

don't forget the 'detachables'.........backrests, and tourpacs, if applicable.   :-? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2005, 10:44:47 PM »

That's right Jeff.  Didn't think of it when reading your list.  But that red bike would have come with BOTH a chopped tour pak and a detachable back rest for when the tour pak is off the bike.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2005, 10:53:36 PM »

Yep, forgot about that too.  Tim, there are detachable back rests for both the rider and the passenger, in addition to the tour pak.  I picked my bike up with the tour pak on and the rider back rest on.  The passenger back rest was separate.  

Thanks for the reminder.

Jeff
Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2005, 11:38:29 PM »

Jeff congrats on the bike.
 This site which I heard about from a seller of the same bike and color of yours got me hooked (I didn't buy his bike). Not only did I have the same trouble as you deciding on the 05 or 06 the color and looks of that red candy kept me leaning towords the 05. All the responses from this group was overwhelming and the willingness to go check out bikes for you is unreal.
This is my first posting and to all of those in this group thanks for being here.
The end of my story is I found an 05 RED in Chicago with 1349 miles (great price too) and will be closing the deal tomorrow.
                                           Tim
Hey Tim, congrats on the new bike [smiley=cherry.gif] And welcome to the best place for info on everything related to the CVO's. The red grabbed me too. I just had to have one.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2005, 11:46:32 PM »

Another welcome and congrats from a fellow Cherry owner. Enjoy [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2005, 08:05:39 PM »

Thanks to all for the welcome and the great info. Jeff if it wasn't for you starting this thread we both wouldn't have come to the same conclusion. It's tough getting away from that Red!
My local HD dealer did try to sell me today an 06 Slate and Crimson at MSRP. I almost hit the floor. This dealer in Hickory NC is notorious for being over MSRP and especially a CVO.
I will make sure all the listed parts are with the bike. One issue I have is the guy can't find the gold key.
Jeff let us know when you get your bike from Scottsdale and in your own garage.
                                         Tim

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2005, 09:04:12 PM »

. . . One issue I have is the guy can't find the gold key. . .

Tim, you should be able to get another gold key: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448765091&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302321659&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302321659&bmUID=1132106575273&bmLocale=en_US

Just tell the guy you want another $100 off the bike in order to replace the lost one.

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »

I wish they sold that box separately.  
Jeff
Fremont, CA

Rakeman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2005, 09:25:10 PM »

The car dealer I'm buying this bike from ordered the key today. This is the owner of the dealerships bike and I've been promised that the entire detail crew will have it shining bright before it ships to NC. Thanks for all the great advice still reviewing the shippers you guys reccomended.
                                             Tim
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.