Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Central California GTG (aka Solvang) 09  (Read 19433 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Central California GTG (aka Solvang) 09
« Reply #390 on: May 06, 2009, 01:27:57 AM »

Some of the girls hangin' out
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #391 on: May 06, 2009, 07:39:14 AM »

Terrie and I headed out Thurs. afternoon from Sacramento.  Getting on the on-ramp my oil filler plug blew out.  No problem, took Terrie's bike and ran on down the freeway to Elk Grove HD and bought another. 

The interesting thing is when I was checking the oil the night before it occured to me that the dip stick went in way to easy.  I pulled it back out, wipe the plug and the throat of the filler and put it back in....still went in way to easy I thought.  With the new plug, it does take much more pressure to push it in (they're always a little difficult to get out) so a warning to all those with the push-pull filler plug.

About 28 miles south of Firebaugh on I-5 (that spells "out in the middle of no where!) my clutch basket let loose.  Called Road Serivce and they sent a truck.  Tried to get Jock, Jon, Fred & Gina to go on without us but they wanted to wait.  Thanks a bunch everybody!  Finally, I rode Terrie's bike and she rode with Jock.

After another 100 miles or so, I traded Jock places and he's now sold on the 09 chassis and handling difference. ;D

Anyway, we arrived in time for the party to start.  Everybody waiting was hopping to see me come riding in bitch but to their disapointment I announced that there's some things a man just will not do.

They have a little pub right here at the Days Inn that as it turns out, happens to be the place where all the locals hang out......quite a little joint.
JC here is a thread that might help on the rubber coming loose and the "FIX".................Richard

http://thp.yuku.com/topic/792/t/Dip-Stick-Cap.html

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #392 on: May 06, 2009, 09:51:33 AM »

Thanks to all that posted all the wonderful pictures. I need to get a camera small enough to carry so I can add to the memory of all these great GTGs. :worthless: Thanks again to all the photoholics so we can relive these memories...... :2vrolijk_21:.... Jon

Jon, Jock's camera is so small it would fit in a t-shirt pocket.  Ask him what he's got.  You see in his thread that it takes great pics. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #393 on: May 06, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »

JC here is a thread that might help on the rubber coming loose and the "FIX".................Richard

http://thp.yuku.com/topic/792/t/Dip-Stick-Cap.html

Thanks Richard.  Not quite the problem I had.  The rubber itself wears out (after 50k miles) and the plug just fell out on the on-ramp.  Anyway, a new plug that is tight again....did the trick.  Thanks a bunch! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

This was the first trip we made after the "FIX" was done. On the way back we stopped to eat and started up bike with a new chirping sound that went away after warmed back up. Dropped the bike off back at the dealer yesterday. Head gasket again. Hopefully nothing more, waiting to find out. I think Jim's is calling, we will wait and see. At least it waited till we were on the way home.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2009, 11:44:54 AM »

Bummer about the motor,  but what a great trip.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #396 on: May 06, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »

This was the first trip we made after the "FIX" was done. On the way back we stopped to eat and started up bike with a new chirping sound that went away after warmed back up. Dropped the bike off back at the dealer yesterday. Head gasket again. Hopefully nothing more, waiting to find out. I think Jim's is calling, we will wait and see. At least it waited till we were on the way home.

Glad you made it home safely.   And thank you soooooo much for the wake-up call Sunday morning, made my day  :orange: :orange:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #397 on: May 06, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »

Donna, I can not believe he did that at 5 in the morning. Terry is a good alarm clock. I guess I should come to expect it since it is his style. When Mr Magoo was checking out they asked him if he was the one that did it.

As far as the motor goes it is what it is. I swear Terry paid it to do that. He wants a new engine so he doesn't have to worry about the problems.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:06:37 PM by Mrs Rooster »
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #398 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »

Donna, I can not believe he did that at 5 in the morning. Terry is a good alarm clock. I guess I should come to expect it since it is his style. When Mr Magoo was checking out they asked him if he was the one that did it.

As far as the motor goes it is what it is. I swear Terry payed it to do that. He wants a new engine so he doesn't have to worry about the problems.

Terry,

I see a 124" in your future... :2vrolijk_21:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #399 on: May 06, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »

Terry,

I see a 124" in your future... :2vrolijk_21:

SHHHHH!!!!!!!! zip your lips Earnie.  :huepfenlol2:
Now you know why he was asking about your new engine. I tell ya he paid it to do that on the way home.
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2009, 01:04:38 PM »

The engine gods are smiling... :huepfenjump3:
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »

The sound of Ernie's engine is like a Top Fuel next to my my bike. That thing is bad to the bone! Go Terry! Sorry Karen ???

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »

Terry,

If you need the list of parts and mods... :D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »

Terry.........just go ahead and do it.  Tell Karen I said it's O.K. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:38 PM »

Hey Karen, remember the bike Dave wanted & you told him to buy it???    Terry, get that motor  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

What are friends for???  We have each others backs  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.