Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Starting problems  (Read 6430 times)

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: Starting problems
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

I went for a nice ride yesterday and with many starts, it fired up every time.  When I picked it up at the dealer, I was a bit worried, as it was turning over like a car trying to start, and wasn't starting.  Eventually, after the 4th try it started and since then it's been starting on the first try.  Going for another good ride today, and I'll be convinced if it continues on working properly today.  I thought it was okay after getting the new starter, but that only lasted for about a day.

How do I know if they actually replaced the ACR's?  How do I know that they didn't just check and find out that they were deactivated and that was the problem all along?  I guess I am a true skeptic.

Are your Rocker Boxes all scratched up??? If so you know they were replaced.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

I went for a nice ride yesterday and with many starts, it fired up every time.  When I picked it up at the dealer, I was a bit worried, as it was turning over like a car trying to start, and wasn't starting.  Eventually, after the 4th try it started and since then it's been starting on the first try.  Going for another good ride today, and I'll be convinced if it continues on working properly today.  I thought it was okay after getting the new starter, but that only lasted for about a day.

How do I know if they actually replaced the ACR's?  How do I know that they didn't just check and find out that they were deactivated and that was the problem all along?  I guess I am a true skeptic.

Kind of hard to not be cynical after all the lies and BS that H-D and the average dealership feed us, isn't it?  And you guys thought I was born a negative smart-azzed cynic.

Why didn't you ask to see the ones they supposedly removed?  It might have been very informative and even entertaining to watch their reaction.  If they really replaced them, should have been very easy for them to walk over to the warranty parts hold area and pick them up.  If they really didn't do anything but turn them back on, you would have probably got to watch a show as they pretended to search for them and then walked back to tell you the tech must have thrown them in the trash by mistake.

Don't worry about it, if it was just BS and they didn't have them turned on I don't think from what you've said about them so far that you would get an apology or even an acknowledgement that you were right.  Just chalk it up to the "Harley experience", the one they don't advertise, and try to enjoy your ride.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 01:49:31 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »

My take off parts are generally sitting in a pile. The S/M ask if I want em or have them tossed.

JW

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 04:15:30 PM »

How do I know if they actually replaced the ACR's?  How do I know that they didn't just check and find out that they were deactivated and that was the problem all along?  I guess I am a true skeptic.
[/quote]
Consider yourself lucky...if the ACR's were just turned off and all they had to do was turn them on then be glad they did not tear into your bike. (and screw something up in the process)
Why would you want them replacing something that works but was just turned off, if that was indeed the case.
Remember if you plug your SERT in for ANY reason make sure the last thing you do before exiting is make sure the ACR's are still on.
I watch the Tech turn my ACR's on and we did some other adjustments and sure enough they were OFF again when we checked.

It's like the dam# thing should prompt you when you hit exit "Are you sure you want to exit SERT without checking ACR's?"

I have not had any trouble since...I would bet you will not either.

Keep me posted though...Good Luck

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »

Are your Rocker Boxes all scratched up??? If so you know they were replaced.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad

No scratches on them, but they were shined up real nice when i got the bike back. 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 06:32:27 PM »

Kind of hard to not be cynical after all the lies and BS that H-D and the average dealership feed us, isn't it?  And you guys thought I was born a negative smart-azzed cynic.

Why didn't you ask to see the ones they supposedly removed?  It might have been very informative and even entertaining to watch their reaction.  If they really replaced them, should have been very easy for them to walk over to the warranty parts hold area and pick them up.  If they really didn't do anything but turn them back on, you would have probably got to watch a show as they pretended to search for them and then walked back to tell you the tech must have thrown them in the trash by mistake.

Don't worry about it, if it was just BS and they didn't have them turned on I don't think from what you've said about them so far that you would get an apology or even an acknowledgement that you were right.  Just chalk it up to the "Harley experience", the one they don't advertise, and try to enjoy your ride.

Jerry

I didn't think about the possibility of them just being turned off at the time when I picked up the bike.  All I know is my bike is starting the way I would expect it to now, and I guess that's what counts.  But it would really piss me off if I found out that they didn't need to replace them after the service manager told me directly that he checked them before and they were activated.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.