Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe  (Read 17860 times)

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 07:44:01 AM »

Not the best of quality but here are a few.

MontSE103

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »

Not the best of quality but here are a few.

I'm thinking about trading in my Rhineharts and installing the D and D with a ghost pipe on my 04. What do you think? I'm getting tired of the softer sound of the Rhineharts.
2004 FLHTCSE 103" 116 Hp
2004 Wide Glide 88" 96 Hp
2007 TMCC Keystone 120"

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED...
FOR THOSE WHO ARE SERVING...
FOR THOSE WHO CAME HOME...
FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT COME HOME...
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE YET TO COME HOME...

MIA/POW
ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE

BUY MADE IN AMERICA FIRST

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

MontSE103 – IMHO you will be pleased with the D&D / quiet baffle / 2:1.   If you want it really loud go for the D&D performance baffle / 2:1. 
vtyanqui

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 09:08:34 PM »

Can one of you guys look to see how close your D&D header is to the transmission chrome cover??   Mine is tighter than Dicks hat band and without prying the header over and tightening the bolt it even touches.

Thanks in advance.

There is an adjustment bolt directly under that area.  Mine was right up against the transmission cover when the shop installed mine.  I loosened the bolt, pulled it out slightly away from the cover, and tightened it back up.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »

I have the D&D loud baffle on mine.  Guess what...it's pretty dang loud.  My friend has the quiet baffle on his 08 SEUC and there's a big difference in the sound.  It's far from quiet, but when you put the bikes side by side, all you hear is mine.  The quiet baffle sounds real good, and like I said, it's still loud, but not quite so annoying so like mine is.  Don't get me wrong...I don' t find my loud one to be annoying, but a few of my neighbors haven't been shy about commenting on them.  My bike just plain sounds mean and powerful and I like it that way.  In fact it sounds down right impressive.  I did upgrade to the 8 speaker Hog Wired stereo, so I don't have any problems listening to my tunes, but then the same neighbors haven't been shy about letting me know that my stereo sounds like a traveling rock band going down the street.

My advice is that if you are not tolerant to the upper end of noise levels, go with the quiet baffle.  You'll still make plenty of good ole Harley music going down the street, but probably a lot more tolerable by most.

Someone mentioned that the chrome was nicer on the D&D's.  My exhaust pipes are beautifully chromed.  The mufflers on the other hand are less than spectacular.  The ghost pipe is tolerable, but the right side muffler came badly pitted or rough all over the surface area that you don't really see.  I can feel it everytime I clean.  It feels like a pipe that's been on there getting beat by rocks for 10 years and 100,000 miles.  I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a rusting problem down the road, but I just felt that the entire circumference of the muffler should have a nice smooth finish and that is certainly not the case.  On the flip side, I got mine right around the time that they were having trouble with their chromer, and possibly this was among a group that was sent out just before they detected the problems and the chromer shut down for a while to get the contamination problem under control.  Should I have sent it back for a replacement immediately?  Probably.  But you are kind of stuck if you don't want your bike sitting inoperable for a period of time waiting for a replacement.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 10:47:34 PM »

There is an adjustment bolt directly under that area.  Mine was right up against the transmission cover when the shop installed mine.  I loosened the bolt, pulled it out slightly away from the cover, and tightened it back up.

:2vrolijk_21:

2004 SE Duece

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:03 PM »

I use this pipe om ALL of my bikes.Yes the Big Bore Baffel is much louder.On the dYno these pies make GREAT HP and the Torque Curve is awesom.I currently have The D2D Fat Cat on my 2005 SE Dresser

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 02:21:20 AM »

I use this pipe om ALL of my bikes.Yes the Big Bore Baffel is much louder.On the dYno these pies make GREAT HP and the Torque Curve is awesom.I currently have The D2D Fat Cat on my 2005 SE Dresser

Am I missing something?  That looks like an 07 SEUC to me in the photo.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 08:54:17 AM »

"Can one of you guys look to see how close your D&D header is to the transmission chrome cover??   Mine is tighter than Dicks hat band and without prying the header over and tightening the bolt it even touches."
Thanks in advance.

Had my D&D installed last month and there is sufficient clearance between the header and transmission cover to clean my shields.

"Someone mentioned that the chrome was nicer on the D&D's.  My exhaust pipes are beautifully chromed.  The mufflers on the other hand are less than spectacular.  The ghost pipe is tolerable, but the right side muffler came badly pitted or rough all over the surface area that you don't really see.

No signs of any contamination on my mufflers.    I'd call them and see if they would exchange the pitted mufflers for good ones.  They can only say no.

2004 SE Duece

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »

AS FAR AS THE 2007 SE BIKE ABOVE ...YOU ARE CORRECT.LIKE I SAID I USE THIS PIPE ON ALL OF MY BIKES.I SIMPLY STATED THAT I ALSO CURRENTLY HAVE THE SAME PIPE SETUP ON MY 2005 SE ELECTRA GLIDE ALSO.MY 2004 SE DUECE ALSO HAS THE SAME PIPE.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 12:28:40 AM »

AS FAR AS THE 2007 SE BIKE ABOVE ...YOU ARE CORRECT.LIKE I SAID I USE THIS PIPE ON ALL OF MY BIKES.I SIMPLY STATED THAT I ALSO CURRENTLY HAVE THE SAME PIPE SETUP ON MY 2005 SE ELECTRA GLIDE ALSO.MY 2004 SE DUECE ALSO HAS THE SAME PIPE.

Now it makes more sense.  I had no way of knowing that you had more than one bike.  I wish I did.  I thought you were saying that you put it on all your bikes, as in the past.  If you fill out your profile and list all of these, everyone will know that even though you are a newbie to this forum, you sure aren't when it comes to CVO's.  I'm certainly jealous.

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »

I just ordered a thunderheader with ghost pipe for my 09 serg silver man i like that sound, should be here tomorrow i will install and dyno tune with sert headed for smokeys Fridays cant wait !!!!!!

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 05:37:05 AM »

I just ordered a thunderheader with ghost pipe for my 09 serg silver man i like that sound, should be here tomorrow i will install and dyno tune with sert headed for smokeys Fridays cant wait !!!!!!

Thunderheaders rock!!     we will need to see pics Ohio Phil

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:22 AM »

Phil, wanted to respond about the Thunder Header. Although they do give some improvement as far as power goes, but IMO they're butt ugly, especially when you try and mount them on the SERG, there is a fine line between form and function. some people have had problems with the theaders warping and piss poor customer support from the Manufacturer.
The vision of the SERG is a work of art and walking the Form/function tight rope is easier on this bike than any other one I've had.
On my No Cat/Fullsac/TTS setup, I get 94 hp/116 FPT
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Sparky

• CVO1: 2009 SERG O&B
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »

I will be replacing my exhaust with the following on Monday:

D&D Boss 2 into 1 with a Ghost Pipe

SE Heavy Breather

Super Tune

What can I expect for HP and Torque?

Sparky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.