Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Lower fairing vents  (Read 11816 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Lower fairing vents
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »

I would think that different year model EG's and RG's would not be interchangeable due to the engine guards being different on some models also.  :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 06:35:10 AM »

OK, road it hard last night, yyyeeehhaaa I 65 north through Nashville traffic 97 degrees. Air temp said 100. when i got to my destination I checked oil temp. 245. I felt the air coming through the vents and it was blowing right on the motor. yes they have doors to open and close. They fit ALL road glides. there is a template that comes with them to position and mark. neat set up. Just search HARLEY LOWER FAIRING AIR VENTS on ebay. some are near 100.00 but these I got for 35.00.
will ride it today also. going to be near 100 here. with 80% humidity.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

OK, road it hard last night, yyyeeehhaaa I 65 north through Nashville traffic 97 degrees. Air temp said 100. when i got to my destination I checked oil temp. 245. I felt the air coming through the vents and it was blowing right on the motor. yes they have doors to open and close. They fit ALL road glides. there is a template that comes with them to position and mark. neat set up. Just search HARLEY LOWER FAIRING AIR VENTS on ebay. some are near 100.00 but these I got for 35.00.

...and come in chrome and black. Do the vents stay closed at speed and will they still block the rain ???  Doc 

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

yes they do, there is a stop at closed, mid, and open. I thought about going with the black and painting to match but I felt that would have been impossible to to get just right. So chrome was the ticket, it don't get you home, but it will get you laid.  :rockstar:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »

yes they do, there is a stop at closed, mid, and open. I thought about going with the black and painting to match but I felt that would have been impossible to to get just right. So chrome was the ticket, it don't get you home, but it will get you laid.  :rockstar:
Just one of the reasons to opt for chrome when possible.   ;Dhar! :drink:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2009FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 02:21:02 PM »

What Brand r they? thanks

cola

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »

I'm waiting for the vented ones that are comming on the 2010 Road Glide Ultra. ;)
Mike

2009FLTRSE3

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »

I'm waiting for the vented ones that are comming on the 2010 Road Glide Ultra. ;)
Mike

I hope thats wishful thinking? because i just bought a set of Lowers?

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »

But it won't be a CVO.
Update on vents, been riding every day in hight heat. Been in the mid to upper 90's every day. Just came in from a 100 mile run, the last 40 miles was at 80+mph, some 100+. Highest oil temp I have seen so far is 247, I think I'll be leaving the lowers on the rest of the summer, these vents work great.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 06:54:14 PM »

But it won't be a CVO.
Update on vents, been riding every day in hight heat. Been in the mid to upper 90's every day. Just came in from a 100 mile run, the last 40 miles was at 80+mph, some 100+. Highest oil temp I have seen so far is 247, I think I'll be leaving the lowers on the rest of the summer, these vents work great.
Doesn't take much of a vent to flo air at 100mph.  ??? :P har!  spyder

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 11:09:28 PM »

I bought the black ones, lowers are black, seemed thing to do. They appear to have been, and smell like they were, painted with Krylon. Painter himself sucked as well. Would have been easier to have scuffed and painted a set of chrome ones, now bad part is they are plastic, have poor paint, can't paint over due to poor quality paint "raising" from solvent pop. Just a mess all around. Have sent an email to seller but so far no response. Note to all, seller is located in South Daytona Beach Fl. Beware.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 06:45:38 AM »

I bought the black ones, lowers are black, seemed thing to do. They appear to have been, and smell like they were, painted with Krylon. Painter himself sucked as well. Would have been easier to have scuffed and painted a set of chrome ones, now bad part is they are plastic, have poor paint, can't paint over due to poor quality paint "raising" from solvent pop. Just a mess all around. Have sent an email to seller but so far no response. Note to all, seller is located in South Daytona Beach Fl. Beware.
that's not where mine came from.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »

Got an email back from seller of the vents in South Daytona. He sent me $8.00 by paypal to pay shipping back on the black ones to him and sent a set of chrome ones out today to replace them.
Good service.
This is the way it is going lately, I ordered the footboard spacers from the guy on this site, ordered chrome ones for 09 CVO, got black for 08 FLHT, called, they sent the chrome ones and a shipping envelope to return the black ones.
Good service there as well.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:45 PM »

I hope this thread keeps going...maybe I'll get up enough nerve to pull out the dremmel tool. The vents have been sitting in the mancave for a few months now.  Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.