Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: I hate WINTER  (Read 6375 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: I hate WINTER
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2005, 08:37:52 PM »

Just droped the seeg off at the dealer for storage,5 months to plan what to add to her? [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

Out of sight for 5 months?  Man, that's harsh.  Five months not to be able to walk out and talk to her, to clean a little or tinker a bit, not to hear her plaintive cry of "when you riding me again," no red counter glow off the neon clock, no wandering out in the garage at 3:00 AM just to make sure she's still there and think of spring, never the chance to put your bare tushy down on the cold leather seat for that reassuring shock of recog.... um.... gee, I may have some issues here....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2005, 08:42:29 PM »

Out of sight for 5 months?  Man, that's harsh.  Five months not to be able to walk out and talk to her, to clean a little or tinker a bit, not to hear her plaintive cry of "when you riding me again," no red counter glow off the neon clock, no wandering out in the garage at 3:00 AM just to make sure she's still there and think of spring, never the chance to put your bare tushy down on the cold leather seat for that reassuring shock of recog.... um.... gee, I may have some issues here....

You mean this is not normal behavior?  [smiley=confused5.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2005, 08:48:16 PM »

[smiley=zthread.gif]  Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2005, 09:45:27 PM »

Just droped the seeg off at the dealer for storage,5 months to plan what to add to her? [smiley=pumpkin.gif]

Whoaaaaaa!  That is like a trial separation.   What if you fall for a Honda?  Maybe some sneaky superbowl commerical that shows off a kawasaki or a BMW that turns your head.  Orrrrrrr dealer uses it on a real nice sunny January day.  You will be a lonely man.  Hope you have a photo and keep the title under your pillow.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2005, 08:40:42 AM »

I go in for visits.I needed room for the snowmobiles and to get the truck inside.I miss my seeg already ,but this am. we were getting some light snow and the highway dept.was adding to the totals with a half inch of salt,so i got the seeg put away just in time! [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 01:32:58 PM »

I am orginally from Peroia Illinois. I relocated to Houton Texas in the early 70s. They really dont have winter in Houston. I am currently working in Aberdeen South Dakota.For Thanksgiving I flew home to Houston. It was in the mid to low 70s. I rode the shi_ ! out of the E glide. Now am back in South Dakota shovelin snow. I forgot what winter is like. I hate winter in South Dakota. Man its colddddddddddd up here!!
 [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 01:37:22 PM »

I am orginally from Peroia Illinois. I relocated to Houton Texas in the early 70s. They really dont have winter in Houston. I am currently working in Aberdeen South Dakota.For Thanksgiving I flew home to Houston. It was in the mid to low 70s. I rode the shi_ ! out of the E glide. Now am back in South Dakota shovelin snow. I forgot what winter is like. I hate winter in South Dakota. Man its colddddddddddd up here!!
 [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

I had to be at Minot for three lifetimes during a couple of weeks in January several years ago.  Maverick, that whole area is the only place I've ever seen where they could truck in ice cubes to warm the place up.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2005, 01:59:53 PM »

I used to hate it, until I moved to Texas!

Growing up in VA/MD/PA, we used to get tons of snow and we would be out of school/work for days.

Then "they" became to damned efficient.  Last year in PA, we had 3.5 feet of snow with 7 foot drifts.  They plowed and the kids only got one day off.  The next day they had to walk in the slick streets with the non-drivers to school because the sidwalks weren't plowed.  I telecommute and I had to take a vacation day just to shovle the driveway before it froze.

Now I am in Austin, and it is going to be 80 this weekend, and we are going to Coopers BBQ in Llano for some of the biggest chops and T-Bones after a great ride through Hill Country!   ;D

And the great news is that it will get even better when I do it on a new SE!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 04:43:15 PM »

Talk about dumb things to do in winter, I volunteered to work traffic control for this Saturday morning. There is a annual marathon race and a Rolling Stones concert that night. Stones have thirty (yes, 30) 18 wheelers that are coming in to unload during the marathon.
When I was asked it was 75 degrees, sunny and I'd had a few; [smiley=drink.gif] the forecast for Saturday is 30 and rain.  :'(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 04:57:54 PM »

Talk about dumb things to do in winter, I volunteered to work traffic control for this Saturday morning. There is a annual marathon race and a Rolling Stones concert that night. Stones have thirty (yes, 30) 18 wheelers that are coming in to unload during the marathon.
When I was asked it was 75 degrees, sunny and I'd had a few; [smiley=drink.gif] the forecast for Saturday is 30 and rain.  :'(
Dang, MJZ.  that suks.  I guess there's no way to bow out gracefully at this late date, huh?  Well, maybe something wonderful will come out of this bad situation (I can't for the life of me figure what it could be, but we'll hope for SOMETHING) .... [smiley=morningcoffee.gif]..... good luck.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 09:15:19 PM »

Holly

and I thought Van Halen and some others were big back in my day...The most I viewed while in radio was 5....

"Them times a changing"

RedFXR2

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2005, 09:01:08 AM »

Could be a silver lining to this cloud--any chance of getting free tickets to the concert?  Hey, just trying to be positive. ;)

I saw the Voodoo Lounge tour.  Nuff said.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2005, 09:49:47 AM »

Could be a silver lining to this cloud--any chance of getting free tickets to the concert?  Hey, just trying to be positive. ;)

I saw the Voodoo Lounge tour.  Nuff said.

Yep, forgot to mention that perk. There are 6 of us that volunteered after they threw in 2 tickets each. I maybe stupid but I'm not brain dead. Well, at least not about some things. When it comes to my bike stuff, I am brain dead. ;D

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2005, 09:57:42 AM »

Holly

and I thought Van Halen and some others were big back in my day...The most I viewed while in radio was 5....

"Them times a changing"

Jock,

This will really scare you: rumor has it that the tour insurance company has required one truck loaded with medical equipment, including difibulators, because of health concerns due to the age of the Stones.
I remember when the Beatles and the Stones started. How do you think that makes me feel? I may need the services of that trailer. [smiley=confused5.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2005, 09:59:39 AM »

Yep, forgot to mention that perk. There are 6 of us that volunteered after they threw in 2 tickets each. I maybe stupid but I'm not brain dead.

Stupid?  Brain dead?  I'd say (praphrasing the script from "Forrest Gump"):

"MJZ, you a Gott-Dam genius!!!"

Just heard the other night that the Stones are the halftime show at the 2006 Super Bowl.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.