Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2009 road glide seat ( has this happened to anyone else)  (Read 11462 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: 2009 road glide seat ( has this happened to anyone else)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 12:35:22 PM »

Just came back from my dealer because of the 0140 recall and asked about the seat-news .
He phoned and the german headquarter had news :
 A new modified seat will be finished next week , they know about the complaining SERG-owners , but it will have the same HD number as the " not modified " one , there will be no " A " behind the HD-number .
 For this reason i should wait another 2 weeks before ordering a replacement seat , so that we can be sure to get a really modified one ( and not an " old " one ) .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:33 PM »

It's not only the gap at the front, also for our BSR
the standard saddle is nothing worth. My wife is
only 56 kg, but she complains about the saddle
(compared to the "sofa" she had on the Heritage).
Lucky am I, she drive's by herself most of the time.

Bandit

:orange:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

These seat pans seem to be far too flexible.  When the group was at Eureka Springs a few months ago I felt terrible for one of the new SERG riders there. 

He was pleased that his saddle hadn't separated from the tank as others had.  Was also comparing its fit to the fit of the Corbin on my old classic SERG.  After chatting a bit we took off on each other's bike just to feel the difference.

The SERG owner was maybe 175 pounds.  I put 50 more pounds on his saddle than he did.  When we got back he had the gap at the tank that he'd never had  before.

Taking the seat off and refitting everything got rid of the gap.  For the moment.  But enough time or enough of a larger ass looks like will always bring it back.  At least on that particular saddle.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

I also think that the ground-plate is tooooo flexible and the seat is a little bit short . The form is ok , the thickness maybe bigger  .

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 07:41:26 AM »

Today the responsible service manager from HD Switzerland
is visiting my stealer and is also looking at the gap-issue. I
proposed him to look at my SERG, but they denied preferring
to look at the one in the store, where obviously no one was
sitting on, more than 5 minutes. Makes absolutly sense. I'll
post the result of his examinations.

bandit

:-X

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »

Tell them about the safety when the seat will snap out while driving and bottoming a "street-hole "and your wife is on the backseat , believe me , then my dealer took the phone and called the headquarter .

kola

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 04:10:51 AM »

I got my replacement yesterday and it still has about a one inch gap even before I sat on it.  Has anyone got a replacement yet that fit right.  This is realyy starting to P%%% me off.

Kola

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 07:17:31 AM »

I got my replacement yesterday and it still has about a one inch gap even before I sat on it.  Has anyone got a replacement yet that fit right.  This is realyy starting to P%%% me off.

Kola
it's not going to fit right until you let it go and get an after market seat
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

desant89

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »

it's not going to fit right until you let it go and get an after market seat

I have another seat coming from my dealer.  When it gets here, we will see how it is but I am not expecting much of a difference.  If they want to play games with it, I will take it as far as I can go.  I will keep bringing it back, then take the lemon law approach as it is a safety issue.  no way this seat should be the way it is!

kola

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 06:33:43 AM »

I already got a mustang solo.  But I figure after spending that much on a MC the seat should fit right.  It's a matter of principle.  I'll just keep taking it back if it doesen't suit me.
Kola

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 11:55:41 PM »

I have another seat coming from my dealer.  When it gets here, we will see how it is but I am not expecting much of a difference.  If they want to play games with it, I will take it as far as I can go.  I will keep bringing it back, then take the lemon law approach as it is a safety issue.  no way this seat should be the way it is!

You should do what I did. File a complaint with the NHTSA. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm. Make sure you indicate in your complaint that the seat can pop loose and detach from the front mount.

desant89

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

You should do what I did. File a complaint with the NHTSA. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm. Make sure you indicate in your complaint that the seat can pop loose and detach from the front mount.

I did that already too.  I seen your post.  EVERYONE READING THIS SHOULD FILE THE COMPLAINT.  Just wanted to make sure that was seen.  We all spent a lot of money, and HD needs to own up to this.  I took a long ride today, and was sick when I looked down at the seat.  We are not breaking new ground here, seat should fit like every other model.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

What about SERG-owners from other countries?
Can we fill a complaint with the NHTSA?

Bandit  ???

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »

Can we fill a complaint with the NHTSA?

I'm sure you could file a complaint but it ain't gonna do ya much good. The N in NHTSA stands for National, meaning the U.S. I'm sure our gov't doesn't give a rats a** about Highway Traffic Safety in other nations.

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 09:06:34 PM »

Took my bike in for warranty work today. I had already complained about the seat but that's not what this appt was for. In addition to the parts for a different problem (scratched paint on the inner fairing), the service mngr informed me that my new seat was in as well. I asked him if it was a different design... he had no clue. I asked him if the MOCO had fixed the problem... again, clueless. Is it typical for the MOCO treat service managers like mushrooms?

I had modified the original seat tab that attaches to the fender so I could slide the seat forward. I told the service mngr about this and he came back with, "Oh, that could be a problem." When I asked him what he meant, he said the dealership might not get paid for the warranty claim if the part was modified. Are you f*cking kidding me? Deny a safety related warranty claim for a $.50 piece. I know that won't happen but I was a little surprised the service mngr tried to feed me this line of bullsh*t. Actually, when I think about it now, I'm not surprised at all with this line of crap from the stealer.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.