Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Most miles ridden in day?  (Read 10073 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Most miles ridden in day?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »

Curious to see what the most miles anyone has ridden in a day (one day from getting on the bike in the AM to gettin off it in the PM but on the same day) and on which model if motorcycle it was done on?

I know there are lost of variables....weather, type of bike, splash & dash vs sightseeing, terrain, traffic density, personal stamina etc.... But on the best riding day you have had what is the furthest you have ever ridden? I have read guys that say 850-1000 miles and I say
                                                                    :coolblue:  *cough*bulls**t*cough*  :coolblue:  
 but at the same time my hat is off to anyone who has done that. For me personally about 650 miles is the max I have gone and that was on non-CVO Road King before I got my CVO SEEG. How bout you?

Just wondering what your thoughts on all this are, now?  Still the same or have they changed?  Are you planning your first 800-1000 mile ride?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CHICO

• Nothing on earth has given me more freedom than riding my bike

• CVO1: 2008 RKC - not an SE but maybe someday
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

Averaged 500 Miles/day from Denver to California this year in June, 2009.

542 miles Denver to Rapid City, Sturgis, Mount Rushmore last weekend (7/25/09).

-CHICO
Ride safe, ride smart, ride long, ride hard.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 12:17:51 AM »

I've only done a little over 700 miles in a day, but I'm not one for riding in the dark.  I could easily see doing 1000 miles with an earlier start and making it entirely in daylight.  Two weeks ago, I got on the bike early on a nice morning and thought I'd go out and fill the tank before waking anyone to see if they wanted to go for a ride.  After fueling up, I decided that I'd go for a little ride myself for a bit and I ended up putting 500 miles on by the time I got home that day.  Nothing like a little casual ride to nowhere.  I don't think I could do any of this without a rider backrest though.

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

Just wondering what your thoughts on all this are, now?  Still the same or have they changed?  Are you planning your first 800-1000 mile ride?

JCZ, to say I am impressed by all you high mileage guys would be an understatement. My riding partner and I are leaving at 5AM on Saturday (Aug 1st) heading for somewhere south of SLC. Provo would be about 760 from here and we figure for sure we'll do 800 miles minimum that day. I was going to post a ride report as we move along the trail and post some pictures too so when I do I'll let you know what we ended up riding.

I was looking back to some trips I made on my '05 Road King and on a trip to LA to see my son I did a 650 mile day, half in pouring rain and half in 30 mph headwinds in Southern Nevada.

Once we get to Southern Utah on this trip and start into Zion, Bryce and Capitol Reef Parks we have the rest of our days planned at about 350-400 miles as we loop back up through Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.......mostly to be able to enjoy the ride and take in the scenery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:48:44 AM by Keithincda »

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 05:36:16 AM »

Not wanting to start a new thread, I will ask this as an addition to this one.

How many miles have you done 2 up?

My wife seems to do very well in my opinion, she does like to drink a lot of water on the scoot and we all know what that means.........we have to stop more often.
She also doesn't like to ride fast on highways... 80 max.

Anyway....I believe the wife and I managed a ride just under 500 miles last year. I was very impressed with that, most of the riding was done on back roads and some highways.

Not sure if I can expect much more then that, she enjoys riding just not as much as I do.

Funny thing, I have to run down to NC Friday night and I told her I may have to trailer due to thunder storms we may be getting.........she cocked her head to the side and looked at me like I was crazy. She knows I very rarely trailer my bike.

Spent good money on the trailer and never use it.....but I guess at least I have one if I need it.

I think I may have to ride just because of her reaction...... :)
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 08:20:16 AM »

Not wanting to start a new thread, I will ask this as an addition to this one.

How many miles have you done 2 up?

My wife seems to do very well in my opinion, she does like to drink a lot of water on the scoot and we all know what that means.........we have to stop more often.
She also doesn't like to ride fast on highways... 80 max.

Anyway....I believe the wife and I managed a ride just under 500 miles last year. I was very impressed with that, most of the riding was done on back roads and some highways.

Not sure if I can expect much more then that, she enjoys riding just not as much as I do.

Funny thing, I have to run down to NC Friday night and I told her I may have to trailer due to thunder storms we may be getting.........she cocked her head to the side and looked at me like I was crazy. She knows I very rarely trailer my bike.

Spent good money on the trailer and never use it.....but I guess at least I have one if I need it.

I think I may have to ride just because of her reaction...... :)

Mex. to Canada 1411 miles on an 03 roadglide in 23hr 45 min.  (border to border) Iron butt    ... Paula was with me all the way, and I must say it helped..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:22:29 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »

Mex. to Canada 1411 miles on an 03 roadglide in 23hr 45 min.  (border to border) Iron butt    ... Paula was with me all the way, and I must say it helped..

Nice!!!
Now that's a good women!
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 09:32:11 AM »

Binx is a TROOPER!!! She's gotta be, ridin with me I guess! She'll go as many miles and at whatever speed! I barely know she's back there, til I get that occasional "helmet clunk" telling me she fell asleep, that is! Longest 2-up was over 700 miles going to Ken and Cheri's! You go with your bad self back there Binx!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »

All mine have been two up till this past six months........she's riding her own now.  Never occured to me till just now.....a woman that's only been riding a total of a couple of years in her life and she's already putting down 800 mile days. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ROT88

• CVO1: 2009 screamin eagle fat bob (2 of them)
    • CVO2: 2009 screamin eagle springer
    • CVO3: 2006 screamin eagle ultra
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »

1521 Miles in 23hrs & 28mins.  Iron Butt Bun Burner 1500 Gold.  Vancouver, WA to Ogden, UT and back. 

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »

Now, that changes things. With my wife on the back, we are lucky to get 300 miles in. She gets really crabby after 250. things start to hurt and she is fatigued. The fun gets gone then too. So we keep it short when she rides along.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

1521 Miles in 23hrs & 28mins.  Iron Butt Bun Burner 1500 Gold.  Vancouver, WA to Ogden, UT and back. 

:beerchug:
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:46 AM »

okay, new total for me....751 miles. left Couer d' Alene Idaho 5:01 AM (Pacific) yesterday arrived Provo, Utah 5:26PM (Pacific) yesterday via I-90 Idaho/Montana and I-15 Montana/Idaho/Utah. We coulda rode a couple more hours but we could not determine a good spot to have my wife call ahead for a hotel so we stopped and had several beers and a prime rib dinner... :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:35 AM »

Keith,

Grats on the new high mileage day, but after reading the first post where you said

But on the best riding day you have had what is the furthest you have ever ridden? I have read guys that say 850-1000 miles and I say
                                                                      *cough*bulls**t*cough*       

You did 750 in only a little over 12 hours  :huepfenlol2:   I am thinking you may have hurt some of these guys feelings.   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2: :oops:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

okay, new total for me....751 miles. left Couer d' Alene Idaho 5:01 AM (Pacific) yesterday arrived Provo, Utah 5:26PM (Pacific) yesterday via I-90 Idaho/Montana and I-15 Montana/Idaho/Utah. We coulda rode a couple more hours but we could not determine a good spot to have my wife call ahead for a hotel so we stopped and had several beers and a prime rib dinner... :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

You misse part of the adventure of the journey.  Just two of you riding........no resevations, just wing it.  Now ya gotta turn around and do it again this coming weekend.  Just so you can say you did 800 miles in a day. :huepfenlol2:

But then we all know that half measures avail us nothing....shoot for the 1,000 mile day. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 20 queries.