Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30780 times)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:16 AM »

I'll let you know sunday evening Zeb,I'm planning to install the Andrews 21 cams in the future which I'm sure won't help.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

Dakota, that droan your refering to is no problem on a short haul, but after 100 mi it will consume you, in 300 miles with monster ovals it becomes torture, ,  I just finished a 2000 mi trip running my 1.75 Fullsacs fitted into a set of Screamin Eagle Performance Touring Mufflers,  i was very pleased cruised 70 and above for hours with no irritating background,

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »

dartman,

Believe me I know.  I had the Monster's on last summer and when I got back fro the 105th in Milwaukee they came off.  God, I hope I'm not looking at the same thing with the Stealth's.   :(

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:57 PM »

OK boys here is one more for the mix!!!  Anybody tried and have an oppinion on the Cycle Shack SE CVO Performance Baffles Pt # 1544? I just had a pair installed, I didn't care for the wide open flow through designed of the Fullsac although most seem to be happy with them. I was looking for something with a little more restriction for more torque and low to mid, Deep but not Loud!! I only have about 100 miles on them, no tuning device yet but will probably go with the SE tuner or Techno Research Direct Link. Right now I can say I'm not the loudest bike on the block but definitely not the quietest either I road with a 95 Inch stage 2 with SE performance heads and 211 cams and Vance & Hines 2 into 2 headers and Vance & Hines Classic Slip Ons and he was definitely a lot louder than the Cycle Shack 1544"s and yes the 1544's do have a Deep Low Rumble at idle     BOSSTNBOY "DH" 

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »

BostonBoy DH,

You might get more/better response if you started a new thread about the Cycle Shack baffles.  I'd be interested in what people think about them.

Zeb

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »

Zeb,
Looks like my trip is off this weekend,bad weather until next week,I did call and email Brad at Bub about the mufflers getting louder,waiting to hear back.   
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 02:05:53 PM »

Zeb,
This was the reply

Hello Bob,
It may well be that by changing the orientation of the outlet of the muffler that it may seem quieter than with the outlet facing up. While packing is utilized in the Stealth mufflers; it is designed for much higher mileage numbers that what you have put on your bike to date.

Thank You,
Brad Williams
Tech & Warranty
BUB Enterprises, Inc.
877-282-7473 ext 221
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 04:27:37 PM »

Bob,

Sent you and email.

I also sent an email to BUB so we will see what response I get.  Obviously, the response you got was not very encouraging.  Maybe if they start receiving more they will do something.  I questioned their R&D and told them that while the Stealths may have been EPA compliant when I installed they I don't think they would pass now.

George

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »

I got an email from Bob Collier of Bub, yesterday.  He said that the exhaust for the 2010 should be released in the next two to four weeks.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »

Zeb, Thanks I'm new to this forum stuff but I will take your advise and start a new thread thanks again.....  Bosstnboy DH

1jeep

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 07:49:25 AM »

Wow, not very encouraging to hear some of this. I was on the fence about pipes and ended up going with the v&h monster ovals and power dual head pipe. I had the monsters on my 06 street glide which was a 95", i fond them to be acceptable in the noise level department even after a 500 mile day. Funny thing on my ultra they seem a lot louder, possibly the head pipe?

ANyway i hope bub helps you guys out on this, i ran one of their pipes on my old VTX and it was a good product for the money.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:39 PM »

Here's the email I just received from BUB.  They sure appear to be a standup company.

George,

Thank you for your email on your BUB 7 Stealth mufflers. I want to ensure you that you have indeed found the perfect mufflers. The increased sound that you are experiencing is the result of a manufacturing issue with one of the components of the baffle. This problem was caught after the first 30 mufflers were manufactured and has been corrected. Additionally measures have been put in place to make sure this problem does not happen again. At this point only a few baffles have had issues, so this may be isolated to a handful of mufflers or systems. BUB Enterprises strives to design and manufacture products that meet the toughest quality standard which is what we would expect as a customer.

Brad Williams will contact you and we will replace your mufflers without question. Please post the contents of this email on the forums you belong to so that anyone with a similar problem is fully aware that BUB stands behind our products. The contacts are as follows: Warranty- (877)282-7473 or linnea@bub.com, Tech Support (800)934-9739 option 2 or bubtech@bub.com.

I would like to address your question about our research and development of the mufflers and give some general background on sound requirements. From reading the forums I see there is misinformation out there. The requirement to meet 80 dB(A) for sound is a US EPA federal standard which requires the use of a drive by test. You can’t say for example that driving at 50 mph down the road or while at 2500 RPM’s on a stationary test, being under 80 dB(A) you meet the federal standard. Even as one person wrote on a V twin forum, you can only use SAE J2825 as a reference to the EPA standard since this standard might “eventually be the standard by which we are judged”. BUB agrees completely that the stationary test that SAE has established makes the most sense for manufactures, consumers, and enforcement officials. As it stands now and since the 70’s, the current EPA drive by test is the standard that is to be used and this is the procedure BUB used in the development of our Stealth mufflers.

The design of our Stealth mufflers was not an easy task. The configuration is such that BUB used a mechanical baffle with multiple technologies that reduces the sound level without killing the performance. This mechanical baffle is wrapped in automotive grade muffler packing that is designed to last in sealed automotive mufflers for 100’s of thousands of miles. All of this is packaged in a high volume muffler to provide the sound level BUB must meet with a tone that is far superior to stock or anything else on the market.

As a manufacturer, BUB is required to meet an “acoustical assurance” period of 4,000 miles. All this means is that the mufflers must be under 80 dB(A) for this 4,000 mile period. To ensure we exceed this requirement BUB went to the lengths of sending a set of mufflers on a trip to Alaska for a total of 15,000 miles and then verifying the results of our previous sound tests. This test along with the many other sound tests in the development of these systems showed no discernable differences after mileage accumulation. 

From the above I hope that you see BUB has done its homework on these mufflers. We have gone to great lengths to ensure our products are exceptional and meet all requirements we say they do.  I should also mention that the BUB 7 Stealth FL mufflers are just the start of things to come from BUB. BUB’s R&D department is currently working on 7 Stealth mufflers for ST, Dyna, and Sportster applications. BUB is also going to package the Stealth FL mufflers with our brand new 09 FL TDX system (aka True Dual Crossover). The Stealth mufflers packaged with the TDX headers provide the most powerful product we currently have in our FL lineup and meet the EPA sound requirements.

After viewing the information you post on many forums, it is apparent that you are dedicated to the V Twin community. I hope you post this so that others can hopefully benefit from the information given here.

P.S. I have sent this same letter to the person I believe is bob2002. 

Bob Infalt

Director of Research and Development

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »

I just got my stealth baffles and put them in yesterday. Only problem I had was that they wouldn't fit! IDK if they don't make them for the slip-on 7's, but these stated 7TD stealth baffles on box and packing slip. So I had to bring them down the road to a muffler shop and put the baffle in a tailpipe expander. After the stretch I got em to slide on and put em back on bike. I love the sound. The youtube clip on their website doesn't do it any justice.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »

Pete,

Sorry but this thread isn't about the BUB Stealth baffles.  It's about the new 4" BUB 7 Stealth mufflers that BUB has just introduced.  Not sure if you knew that.  If you have a question about the baffles you might want to start a new thread.

Zeb

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »

Well then thats pretty far off topic :oops:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.