Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Passenger Footboards  (Read 13021 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Passenger Footboards
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »

Right side of bike

Are you saying this isn't the "normal" way they're mounted? HeHe!!! I mounted mine the way you show right from the get-go! Never even thought there was another way!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »

Other side! ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »

Hmmm.....just noticed the angle's not the same. Wonder if Vern had them off or they've always been that way and Binx likes it like that. Better ask her if her floorboards are adjusted OK for her again! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »

Hmmm.....just noticed the angle's not the same. Wonder if Vern had them off or they've always been that way and Binx likes it like that. Better ask her if her floorboards are adjusted OK for her again! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

They are in the stock position, now if you move that arm (only the arm)to the other side it will fold back instead of forward and give the rider addition room for the calves.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:19 PM »

They are in the stock position, now if you move that arm (only the arm)to the other side it will fold back instead of forward and give the rider addition room for the calves.

Aha! Got ya! Binx is short with short legs. Does this help the seating position any for the vertically challanged? I picked up the GA TP Relocation kit. I know when I install it, she'll be too far away from the boards as they are now. Seems like swapping them would improve her seating position! Good idea man! :2vrolijk_21:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »

Are you saying this isn't the "normal" way they're mounted? HeHe!!! I mounted mine the way you show right from the get-go! Never even thought there was another way!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually the pass FBs in the photo you posted are exactly opposite of mine (stock position). Your's are the way they come from the factory. The one's in my picture are after removing the boards and swapping just the horizontal portion of the bracket from one side to the other. If you look closely you'll see the boards on your bike are at least 6-7 inches further forward on the bike then the one's I posted after making the swap.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 08:33:35 PM »

Actually the pass FBs in the photo you posted are exactly opposite of mine (stock position). Your's are the way they come from the factory. The one's in my picture are after removing the boards and swapping just the horizontal portion of the bracket from one side to the other. If you look closely you'll see the boards on your bike are at least 6-7 inches further forward on the bike then the one's I posted after making the swap.

Aaah, now I get it! Thanks for pointing that out. Just swap the bracket sides to do that, huh? But it might bring her lil legs too close the crash bars, unless I also raise them higher. I'll have to play around with them after I install the GA TP relo kit! Thanks for the tip guys! :2vrolijk_21:

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

Aaah, now I get it! Thanks for pointing that out. Just swap the bracket sides to do that, huh? But it might bring her lil legs too close the crash bars, unless I also raise them higher. I'll have to play around with them after I install the GA TP relo kit! Thanks for the tip guys! :2vrolijk_21:

Now you got it. Once you swap sides with the horizontal bracket, you will be able to rotate the FBs up and FORWARD instead of the stock positioning that allows you to rotate the floorboards up and REARWARD.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »

Will there still be room for guard bags if you do this swap?  I'm guessing the answer is no.  I rarely use them though, so I may give this a shot also.  Those passenger floorboards really get in the way when they are down and they are a pain to clean around.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 10:41:53 AM »

I put a set of floorboards on my SERK4 with the adjustable mount like in Hoist pic above. Damn things are in the way. I leave em straight up and folded unless Cheryl's on board.

Question for someone that's used both mounts:
Has anyone used the fixed mount and switched to the adjustable mount?
Did the fix mount also interfer with the rider's calf?

I mounted the adjustables as discussed in this thread. It really puts her legs in quite a bend backward. I think it will be uncomfortable after so miles. An if she ain't happy, I won't be happy long.  :P

JW

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

The floor boards hitting my calves has been the only real complaint of this bike that I've had since I got it.  I just completed the swap and it is the best modification I have done to date and it didn't cost a dime!!!  I don't know what the better half will think of it as she hasn't gotten on it yet since switching them.  With the interest of this thread I went ahead took pictures during the process.  It's really pretty easy.  I know many have had complaints about loose bolts, but I found these bolts really tight.  Just as a note of caution for those that may try this and don't do alot of wrenching, make sure and tap the allen wrench into the bolt all the way so you don't round the head.  I also used a cheater bar to gain a little leverage because these bolts were really tight.

This picture is the stock position.

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »

Other side.

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 01:33:15 PM »

First remove the bolt holding the floor board.

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »

Floor board is off.  Keep the floor boards on the same side-you won't switch the floor board, just the bracket that will be in the next picture.  Note the spring that is on the bolt-don't loose it.

Fed68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

What I am pointing to is the actual bracket that will be removed to switch to the other side.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.